DJ Humphries Looking Good

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
An offseason of weight training, studying, and eating right have him confident he has turned the corner as a pro.

http://arizonasports.com/story/7475...j-humphries-clearly-im-doing-something-right/

"Humphries said he isn’t sure when everything clicked for him, “but it definitely has. It’s apparent, even in just walkthroughs. Everything is important, whether it’s how I’m setting up or how I’m coming off the ball or how I’m placing my hands and stuff like that, everything is important, everything matters.”

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Today will go towards answering that: padded practice and going against Chancler Jones from time to time.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
On Cards underground this week, Urban compared Humphries to Ryan Williams as guys who say all the right things but can't turn their words into action.

I wish Knee Deep would keep his mouth shut and just earn the job.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Cards underground this week, Urban compared Humphries to Ryan Williams as guys who say all the right things but can't turn their words into action.

Don't like hearing this. We need Hump to really step up his game.

We will know more as the pads come on.

OP
OP
crisper57

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Yeah. I agree. But he looks less soft at least. The offseason program did make him like a totally different guy from last preseason (physically). I like that he clearly put in the work and it shows on his frame.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Heard it too, but It was more speculative that he might not be able to write checks that his mouth can't cash, like Williams.

Either way, it's better that DJ self-promotes than self-doubts. It's time he proves his worth on the field. He will be needed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oy. When the mouth of Sauron speaks, it's probably best to listen.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Said he is 310 and 19 percent body fat these days.

Paul C. said that Veldhere went from 310 to 330 lbs and is @ 19% body fat, lowest of his career. It would be awesome for our Oline to become maulers in the run game. They were solid last year but with Mathis being added and the physical improvement of the OT's and DJ, CJ and Juke (finally healthy) this team could be the best at running the ball in the NFL.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought this post was about #31 since he has the same initials. Shall we come up with an asfn-anointed nickname for both to avoid confusion (a la CKW, Duke, snail, etc...). Thoughts?

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score

To be fair. They Said that was him last year and he was one of the players that they look most forward Watching in TC, because they wanted to see if there Were improvements or it was the same routine

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We'll know a lot more (probably) about DJ after the Raiders game. They move Mack around, and he's a great pass rusher, so at times he'll go against DJ. And will the Cards give DJ help in pass blocking. And lastly, will he get extra snaps, after the other OL starters have been pulled. Won't be long.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah. I agree. But he looks less soft at least. The offseason program did make him like a totally different guy from last preseason (physically). I like that he clearly put in the work and it shows on his frame.

Did anyone see Fox News Jude Lacava's piece Sunday on on LeCharles Bentley's training program in Chandler for O Linemen? DJ Humphries credits him for his improvements from last year. However, LeCharles, at age 36 and has been out of the NFL for 7 years, looked totally ripped while DJ Humpries looked soft and not that big. The difference between the two when they were next to eachother was striking. I hope Humphries has a solid year starting at RT but when he talks to the press I get the feeling he is all talk and can't back it up with his play. I really hope I'm wrong, though.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone see Fox News Jude Lacava's piece Sunday on on LeCharles Bentley's training program in Chandler for O Linemen? DJ Humphries credits him for his improvements from last year. However, LeCharles, at age 36 and has been out of the NFL for 7 years, looked totally ripped while DJ Humpries looked soft and not that big. The difference between the two when they were next to eachother was striking. I hope Humphries has a solid year starting at RT but when he talks to the press I get the feeling he is all talk and can't back it up with his play. I really hope I'm wrong, though.
once out of the NFL you are not adding weight anymore and moreso becoming what weight you should be (especially for lineman) so it does not surprise me that bentley would be more cut and lean.

Example, Alan Faneca one year after retirement:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
once out of the NFL you are not adding weight anymore and moreso becoming what weight you should be (especially for lineman) so it does not surprise me that bentley would be more cut and lean.

Example, Alan Faneca one year after retirement:

You must be registered for see images attach

Wow! Good for Faneca! He looks great! He obviously wants to live a long healthy life now that he is out of football. Good for him. That is very inspiring!

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
*Good

Id say hes looking *better. Harold said hes still not ready, which is a little concerning.

I haven't seen him practice other than a couple short video clips, but it looks like his anchor is his issue. Great feet. Great speed. Looks good in run blocking. But guys like Golden seem to jack him backwards pretty easily. Theres a lot of guys much bigger and stronger than Golden he'll be facing.