Divisional games 1-23-2022

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m still
In awe. Their kicker just missed a 47 yd fg short. Let them throw 2 15 yard passes. Why do they have everyone up front. I can’t understand that. And the Bucs were ok
After the game like all
Cool
And smiling congratulating the Rams. The Bucs just came back from 24 down!!!!! And blew it. Lol
They blitzed. Bowles is getting lit up by the Buc fans for the play calling.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yup… like other posters have said if a QB throws the ball into the turf and gets smacked they still get roughing and a first… should be exactly the same. It was all about momentum and still an extension of what happened during the play.
I’m not arguing fir or against. I was questioning your not understanding the call I think it was explained pretty well.

I think until the other team is lined up for the snap any dead ball penalty should assessed as if the team prior in possession still had the ball. May cut down on dead ball penalties.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not arguing fir or against. I was questioning your not understanding the call I think it was explained pretty well.

I think until the other team is lined up for the snap any dead ball penalty should assessed as if the team prior in possession still had the ball. May cut down on dead ball penalties.
I completely understand their explanation just feel it’s utter BS especially since they don’t follow the same process in other instances… like Roughing… A first down would be awarded even if contact occurs after the ball hits the turf.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not really, started to watch the team from 2004((
Ah. You missed the slaughter years. We were literally just “w’s” on the schedule for the rest of the NFC East. And I had the misfortune of going to school on the east coast from ‘87 - ‘95. Entire fraternity from NY and then law school buddies from Ny/NJ, DC, Dallas and Philly. Not kidding or embellishing. It was just brutal. No one made fun of my fandom. They just pitied me.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ah. You missed the slaughter years. We were literally just “w’s” on the schedule for the rest of the NFC East. And I had the misfortune of going to school on the east coast from ‘87 - ‘95. Entire fraternity from NY and then law school buddies from Ny/NJ, DC, Dallas and Philly. Not kidding or embellishing. It was just brutal. No one made fun of my fandom. They just pitied me.
So i get the dark feelings from some of u towards the organization (

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I completely understand their explanation just feel it’s utter BS especially since they don’t follow the same process in other instances… like Roughing… A first down would be awarded even if contact occurs after the ball hits the turf.
How often is roughing after the ball hits the ground? I’ll bet it’s rare. But yeah, I haven’t seen the delineation made in a game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Also, both the commentators abd the ref explained it the same way, so that consistency leads me to believe that said call is called consistently.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How often is roughing after the ball hits the ground? I’ll bet it’s rare. But yeah, I haven’t seen the delineation made in a game.
Can’t give you a % but I’ve def seen it on intentional grounding outside the box and then they get smacked and a penalty called. A first down awarded.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That Rams/bucs game just adds fuel to the fire everybody train for the cards. The bucs got down 27-3 and stormed all the way back. The cards pretty much couldn’t mount more than a whimper in response. We were the worst of all the teams called “contenders” earlier in the season. By a shot.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC we lost to Dallas 14 or 16 times in a row until we beat them in the Wild Card game in 98. And every home game we were badly, badly outnumbered by other NFC East fans. The only times we ever sold out was when we played Dallas. It was a sea of Cowboys colors.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That Rams/bucs game just adds fuel to the fire everybody train for the cards. The bucs got down 27-3 and stormed all the way back. The cards pretty much couldn’t mount more than a whimper in response. We were the worst of all the teams called “contenders” earlier in the season. By a shot.
The Rams gave 4 turnovers to give them some confident back, cause could end up very similar to us tbh

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's what a 2 minute (3/4 minute more precisely) drill should look like. Hope KK and KM are taking some notes, but I highly doubt KM is: Sunday is just too good to not play video games.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can’t give you a % but I’ve def seen it on intentional grounding outside the box and then they get smacked and a penalty called. A first down awarded.
Have also seen this on a play where the QB threw it out of the end zone and got crushed late. Half the distance and first down. They don’t give the ball to the team committing the penalty and push them back.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
To be honest, I’m now completely bewildered how the Cards swept SF and split the regular season v. LA. Kind of miraculous given how awful they played the final two months. Please MB, for the love of God, see this current regime for what it is: a mirage, incapable of hanging with the big boys of the NFL once the games really begin to matter. If you don’t do something substantive the Cards will never play for a title. Be bold and go get a smart, tough, competent group to run the team, not the clowns who currently oversee things.