Did I Miss Something - Where's Mitch ?

PrescottLooie

Registered
Reaction score
Mitch, I don't post often but I really enjoy your assessment of our guys.
Did I miss it or ............... ?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not enough for him to complain about apparently.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Hey thanks dear ASFN friends---I apologize---as Chris suggested I have been especially busy recently---but like you I have been elated by the Cardinals' performances---especially this past week, which was about as sweet a victory as there is.

When I think of the obstacles that John Skelton had to overcome in this game:

a) limited snaps in practice
b) suddenly being thrust into a game of such importance
c) having played his two worst games versus the 49ers
d) a slow shaky start commensurate with how he played versus them the first two times
e) facing a 19-7 deficit in the 2nd half and most of the momentum on the 49ers' side.

I can only laud what he accomplished in this game---really in the highest of fashions. There's a never quit aspect to this kid that I admire---he is so resilient---and best of all, he answers the bell when it matters most---which is why he accomplished all of the following in his brief tenure at QB:

1) stopping the Cardinals' seven game losing streak in 2010 in his first start.
2) serving up the best win of the 2010 season in comeback fashion versus the Cowboys.
3) stopping the Cardinals' six game losing streak this year in his first start.
4) stopping the team's 11 game losing streak on the road in his first road start this year.
5) stopping the 49ers 5 game total domination of the 49ers---something even Warner failed to do in his final year.
6) going 4-1 all in games the Cardinals were trailing---and were trailing in the 4th quarter.

Sure there have been young QB mistakes and bad breaks---be he has managed to prevail nonetheless.

As for Kolb---I liked the adjustments he made when he came back---but two concussions in two years and the foot/leg injury this year adds some doubt as to whether he is a safe bet moving forward---that is, at the money he is commanding.

As for Fitz---all we can say is wow---WOW!

As for the defense---we have never seen them this much on the same page and this all-out aggressive---and I firmly believe---as I have stated previously---that a combination of Ray Horton's transformation of the defense, Beanie Wells' resurgence, John Skelton's uncanny resiliency and Kevin Spencer's special special teams have saved this season and most likely Ken Whisenhunt's future in Arizona.

Peace my friends---I am so happy for us!

Thanks Garth & Prescott Louie for asking about me---hope you are as happy as I am---knowing you, I am sure you are!

And to tell you how sweet Sunday was---hey Alex Smith??? Be careful what you say---these Cardinals did not fold their tents down 19-7---they dominated you and your 10-3 team when it mattered the most! And they punished you in the process!

Last edited:

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
Welcome back, Mitch, good posting! The recent wins were sorely needed after our dismal start. Maybe we can catch some of the '08' magic to finish out the year.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Mitch-----I know it's hard to concentrate on draining the pond when you're up to your butt in alligators, so I want to commend you on your latest post. This may be the best defense we have seen from the Cards. I especially like that each position has recorded a sack this year. It's also nice to know that Horton no longer has to hold back on his scheming. They all get it now, and what was most impressive to me was that they did it against two teams that didn't turn the ball over to us.

I love to see Skelton settling in and coming into his own. I also loved the movement out of him when he saw that he had no open receivers. I still believe in Kolb, though like you, I fear the concussion history on him. He seemed to be catching on too, and was improving as he gained experience. We may end up with a really nice QB group out of this.

With Beanie playing on one good leg, and with only three games remaining, it is fun to begin to think of what a good off-season means to him and Williams. This just might be a fantastic RB combination after a restful and healing off-season. I know that we are still in the hunt for the playoffs, but I am stoked that this team did not quit on the coaching staff when things went south. The Cardinals grew a lot this season, as a team, and individually. I believe that the coaching staff grew some too, especially since Whiz seems to have relented, and is no longer trying to shove so many square pegs into round holes. He seems to be following Horton's lead in that respect. An 8-8 season seems quite solid now after being where they once were this year.

OP
OP
P

PrescottLooie

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Mitch, as Red Dawn and Catfish said, we miss your analysis and comments.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Thanks Mitch! Also good to get your insights and opinions.

I'm from Missouri with regard to Kolb. The trade and contract were desperation moves on the part of the Cardinals, and just like the a guy on the hunt at bar-closing time, the results have not been good so far. In some ways it was like drafting Levi Brown IMO.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort