Diamondbacks 2010 Season Thread

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The season thread worked for the Coyotes so maybe it will work for the Diamondbacks.

The Diamondbacks took 2 of 3 from the Padres and are now beating the Pirates in game one of three. Chris Young hit a grand slam and the Diamondbacks are up 6-0 after three innings. Hopefully Young can forget about last year and hit like people expect him to.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The season thread worked for the Coyotes so maybe it will work for the Diamondbacks.

The Diamondbacks took 2 of 3 from the Padres and are now beating the Pirates in game one of three. Chris Young hit a grand slam and the Diamondbacks are up 6-0 after three innings. Hopefully Young can forget about last year and hit like people expect him to.

Good idea starting this thread... As for Young, let's check back in with him come all-star break... ;)

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks are up 8-0 after four. Free tacos! Lopez is pitching well.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
3-1 start, best since 2000. Nice to see our offense gaining confidence by hammering sub standard pitching, last year we were making nobodys like All Stars. Key is how we handle some of the teams in our division with top notch pitching staffs (LA, SF & COL), we really looked bad against Chris Young the other night.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Good idea starting this thread... As for Young, let's check back in with him come all-star break... ;)
I am still blindly supporting him and he is still my favorite player. I will be right and you will be wrong, though I have very little besides four games to back my opinion.:mulli:

:D But I will be right. Over .270 and a lotta doubles, and better defense... GO YOUNG!

We really need to pad our record now against these weaker teams. Without Webb our pitching staff is very shaky, but Lopez did look impressive tonight... There are a lot of "ifs" with this team, but it could turn out well. The lineup certainly is stronger. I don't want to see any 2-1 losses for Haren this year.

Edit: 82, I'm going to start a Chris Young fan club on facebook....and you should joinnnnnnnn :)

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I am still blindly supporting him and he is still my favorite player. I will be right and you will be wrong, though I have very little besides four games to back my opinion.:mulli:

:D But I will be right. Over .270 and a lotta doubles, and better defense... GO YOUNG!

We really need to pad our record now against these weaker teams. Without Webb our pitching staff is very shaky, but Lopez did look impressive tonight... There are a lot of "ifs" with this team, but it could turn out well. The lineup certainly is stronger. I don't want to see any 2-1 losses for Haren this year.

Edit: 82, I'm going to start a Chris Young fan club on facebook....and you should joinnnnnnnn :)

LMAO Nasser!! Hey, I really gotta give it up to CY, even if we're only 4 games into the season... He clearly took to heart what transpired last year, as well as the coaching he received in the off-season. I still don't believe in the guy, but wow - if he proves me wrong, this year could be a ton of fun!!!

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
LMAO Nasser!! Hey, I really gotta give it up to CY, even if we're only 4 games into the season... He clearly took to heart what transpired last year, as well as the coaching he received in the off-season. I still don't believe in the guy, but wow - if he proves me wrong, this year could be a ton of fun!!!

I took CY with my second to last fantasy pick just in case he is able to rebound and have a productive season. As much trash as I talk on the guy, I hope he found whatever it was he lost when he signed that fat contract.

Nasser22

Reaction score
Awesome...

Let's hope we can go 4-1 after tonight. This is one we should win.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Montero was taken out of the game due to a knee injury. If he is out for a period of time, Grace won't be happy. Let's hope it's nothing serious.

Nasser22

Reaction score
I definitely have more faith in the line-up this year to make a comeback. Still, what a hole they put themselves into so early. Lets go, CoJack!

Bases loaded now! What a good opportunity here

Last edited:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Wow! that was really weak.

That was the kind of at bat I'd expect from Snyder not Justin Upton. A guy with his own "town" needs to do better than that. 8th inning 2 runners in scoring position and he was totally fooled by a guy that was strugging to find the plate.

Nasser22

Reaction score
Yeah that ended pretty badly...very disappointed there. I do like the little bit I've seen from Abreu though. It's great to see the new guys producing, at least 2 out of 3 are...

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Snyder hits a 2-run homer and puts the Diamondbacks up 2-1 in the 2nd.

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
Snyder hits a 2-run homer and puts the Diamondbacks up 2-1 in the 2nd.

Edwin Jackson quickly allows a homer to Andrew McCutchen. 2-2

Edwin has been hammered really hard so far this year against two of the WORST offensive teams in baseball. Not a good start for his D'backs career.

EDIT: Scherzer starts tomorrow for the Tigers in his second start of the season after going 6 innings giving up 1 hit and 2 walks while striking out 3 and not giving up a run.

Last edited:

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
Chris Young has the song "Whatever you like" by TI as his intro, so I responded I would like a homer. Young has got that ESPN* going.

He has been on fire to start the year and what is most impressive is that he only has 2 strikeouts so far this year (no walks is a concern but not when he is swinging like this).

5-4 D'backs!

EDIT: Kelly Johnson follows with a solo shot. 6-4

Hopefully Edwin Jackson can hold the lead

Last edited:

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
Drew with a 2 run triple. Six runs scored in the bottom of the fourth for the D'backs.

8-4

Pirate pitcher Daniel McCutchen pulled

On a side note, good to see the D'back pitchers swinging the bat well this year. Rodrigo Lopez had 1 of his 3 career hits in his first atbat this year (total of 54 atbats in his career)

Last edited:

Nasser22

Reaction score
This is what we were waiting for when we had the best group of prospects in the league a few years back. They have arrived. :D What an inning!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Snyder is taking full advantage on Montero's injury and Edwin Jackson hits his first home run. 15-4, wow!

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
So far Snyder is doing the best of seizing his opportunity. Hope Miggy heals up quick.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Wow! that was really weak.

That was the kind of at bat I'd expect from Snyder not Justin Upton. A guy with his own "town" needs to do better than that. 8th inning 2 runners in scoring position and he was totally fooled by a guy that was strugging to find the plate.

Keep in mind he is all of 22. He needs to have some flaws he can grow into for what will be the "prime" of his career.

Nasser22

Reaction score
The thing that worries me is that we have to send Haren out there on short rest until Webb gets back when we know he struggles in the second half....hopefully we can keep winning and have the option to rest him later on.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose