Devin Booker, Chris Paul and Patrick Beverley WCF

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Yup I grew to really like Reggie during this playoffs.

He's gonna get a little scratch on the open market, and I wouldn't be mad if the Suns made a run him...With Payne set to get paid, too, it may come down to who will take the best deal in Phx.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
If you live in SoCal, you know that the Clippers fan base probably isn't even 1/1000th of the Lakers fan base.

It was actually pretty comical seeing all the celebrity tweets from Lakers fans...lol About how this will never be a Clippers home and will always be Lakers land.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was actually pretty comical seeing all the celebrity tweets from Lakers fans...lol About how this will never be a Clippers home and will always be Lakers land.
My manager, who literally hasn’t emailed me with a job opportunity for over a year, emailed me last night to thank the Suns for getting rid of the redheaded stepchild of the Staples Center.

it’s not even just that no one in LA cares about the Clippers. The overwhelming majority of the town HATES them.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My manager, who literally hasn’t emailed me with a job opportunity for over a year, emailed me last night to thank the Suns for getting rid of the redheaded stepchild of the Staples Center.

it’s not even just that no one in LA cares about the Clippers. The overwhelming majority of the town HATES them.

Every Laker fan I know was rooting for the Suns. Will be interesting to see if they will continue (especially the ones that live in Phoenix) or they only cared enough to eliminate the Clippers

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

I suppose it explains why their crowd really isn't very impressive. Seems like a terrible idea to share a city and stadium with the Lakers of all teams.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every Laker fan I know was rooting for the Suns. Will be interesting to see if they will continue (especially the ones that live in Phoenix) or they only cared enough to eliminate the Clippers

all my boys (except one) back in LA want to see us win. They all say they’d rather lose to the eventual champion than anyone else.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of my family still lives in California. They were all rooting for us to beat the Clippers. We were Laker fans as young kids before we moved to Arizona.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What I noticed about that clip was the referee’s reaction. He started towards the two well before the hated clipper actually made contact with cp3. So, did either one of them say or do something or make some type of facial expression or whatever to make him react that way?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I noticed about that clip was the referee’s reaction. He started towards the two well before the hated clipper actually made contact with cp3. So, did either one of them say or do something or make some type of facial expression or whatever to make him react that way?
Watching the replays it doesn't look like Paul actually said anything, he just quickly glanced at PB and continued moving away from him. I think the ref moved to intervene because he saw Beverley do a quick 180 towards Chris.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see the "good on him" at all, it falls in the "absolutely least he could do" class AFAIC. Look, he was caught red-handed, there's no spinning what he did so apologizing is pretty much automatic. And not that great of an apology either.

He should have said "I let my emotions get the better of me and I crossed the line, I owe that man a face to face apology the next time I see him" instead of a vague tweet.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see the "good on him" at all, it falls in the "absolutely least he could do" class AFAIC. Look, he was caught red-handed, there's no spinning what he did so apologizing is pretty much automatic. And not that great of an apology either.

He should have said "I let my emotions get the better of me and I crossed the line, I owe that man a face to face apology the next time I see him" instead of a vague tweet.
So he's supposed to apologize the way everyone else thinks he should apologize?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that not how apologies always work? Sometimes the way someone apologizes feels right and sometimes it doesn't. Always up for interpretation. IMO his apology was pretty weak.
"My bad was not meant for you".

What kind of apology is that exactly? That makes no damn sense. Sounds like he realized he was a punk and clown and realizes how bad it looks.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is that not how apologies always work? Sometimes the way someone apologizes feels right and sometimes it doesn't. Always up for interpretation. IMO his apology was pretty weak.
Agreed.. my point was more to the fact that they work by just accepting it as it is.. seems strange to have expectations of someones apology. We all do it in different ways. Take it and move on. I'm sure CP is doing so. He can probably relate...being thay he's not the most adored guy in the NBA either.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only way I'll be happy if Beverley isn't suspended is if we open against the Clippers and he's forced to attend our ring ceremony.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Kaminsky had the opportunity to step in and prevent our MVP from getting blindsided. I’m sure they’ll have a talk with him about it.