Devin Booker, Chris Paul and Patrick Beverley WCF

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve watched the slow mo replay 15 times. Even it was with malicious intent there’s no way it could’ve been deemed suspension worthy. If you pause it at contact it’s 50/50 who would end up with the broken nose.

The referees already ruled on it. There is not much else to say.

However, if you watched it in slow mo you must have seen Beverley lower his head.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was, it was a legit basketball move. Common foul on Nash, and that's it.

As emotional as it must have been at the time that was a legitimate play and a basketball move.

I remember Nash's broken nose and the bleeding more than anything else. I didn't even recall if it was Tony Parker who collided with him. However, I will always remember Robert Horry knocking Nash into the scorer's table.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve watched the slow mo replay 15 times. Even it was with malicious intent there’s no way it could’ve been deemed suspension worthy. If you pause it at contact it’s 50/50 who would end up with the broken nose.

This. I have watched every angle. I am sorry, slo-mo can be very deceiving. When something plays in real time in real life it's not that easy. Bev IMO lunged and his momentum pushed him threw. If you watch the end of that play his head snapped back. He didn't know that was going to happen. If someone truly intends to headbutt someone you tense up and your head doesn't snap back like that. Bev might be a dirty player but this wasn't intentional.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Huh? Beverley hits him with his FOREHEAD to books nose. There’s a reason Beverley ended up with a scratch on his forehead and books nose was crushed.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This. I have watched every angle. I am sorry, slo-mo can be very deceiving. When something plays in real time in real life it's not that easy. Bev IMO lunged and his momentum pushed him threw. If you watch the end of that play his head snapped back. He didn't know that was going to happen. If someone truly intends to headbutt someone you tense up and your head doesn't snap back like that. Bev might be a dirty player but this wasn't intentional.
I could be convince it was unintentional, but it’s typical reckless Beverley dangerous play. It doesn’t skirt the line, when it injures another player it has clearly crossed the line of what should be acceptable.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As emotional as it must have been at the time that was a legitimate play and a basketball move.

I remember Nash's broken nose and the bleeding more than anything else. I didn't even recall if it was Tony Parker who collided with him. However, I will always remember Robert Horry knocking Nash into the scorer's table.

i bet dollars to donuts that if you went back and looked at the game thread there would be a host of the same people claiming it was intentional on PARKER’S part.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could be convince it was unintentional, but it’s typical reckless Beverley dangerous play. It doesn’t skirt the line, when it injures another player it has clearly crossed the line of what should be acceptable.

If it were anyone but Beverley (or maybe Bowen) I would have said it looks dirty but I just don't know for sure. But it was Beverley and he has shown us who he is. It's not even Patrick at his dirtiest, that would probably be one of his many cheap fouls on Westbrook.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i bet dollars to donuts that if you went back and looked at the game thread there would be a host of the same people claiming it was intentional on PARKER’S part.
We see it all the time. Most of the time it’s just fans trying to reason to themselves why something isn’t going the way they expect. As I stated I am not arguing he isn’t a cheap shot player.

However…even a thief buys stuff at the store.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i surely don't think Beverly intended for there to be head contact
but i do believe he's willing to venture into recklessness

Jokic didn't intend to hit Cam's nose either
but he was ejected for being reckless

with tensions high we have to play smart
i'm sure the Clippers wouldn't regret both Bev and Book being ejected
or Crowder being tossed for one of their role players

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No doubt. It was an emotional series but the tape doesn't lie and Parker wasn't know as a dirty player.

The Spurs really wore Nash down.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i surely don't think Beverly intended for there to be head contact
but i do believe he's willing to venture into recklessness

Jokic didn't intend to hit Cam's nose either
but he was ejected for being reckless

with tensions high we have to play smart
i'm sure the Clippers wouldn't regret both Bev and Book being ejected
or Crowder being tossed for one of their role players

agreed on all of this.

weve got to keep our cool. They are GOADING us into making mistakes and getting out of character.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Book needs this challenge and will be better because of it, but man, Beverley is totally in his head.

every star player has had this type of a series in their youth for the record.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s a habitual line-stepper.
Most top line nuisance defenders are. Especially when they are out there for their defense only. Pj/Beverley/Bowen. The other team knows this about them. I don't think they are bothered nearly as much as us fans.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Most top line nuisance defenders are. Especially when they are out there for their defense only. Pj/Beverley/Bowen. The other team knows this about them. I don't think they are bothered nearly as much as us fans.

PJ isn't dirty. He plays hard.

Bowen should be banned from the NBA for life. He is the single dirtiest player ever, and he was way to wussy to every actually fight. He would just put a foot in your landing zone and turn an ankle. That was his "defense" and his only purpose was to hurt the other teams best player so the Spurs could have an easier series.

Beverly is that same type of dirty player. Is there anyone on earth that thinks its a coincidence that Beverly broke Bookers nose, and then undercut CP3,trying to hurt him. That play could have EASILY been a broken hand/wrist as you brace you fall. That was the plays purpose, that was Beverly's intent. If CP3 gets hurt and goes out, the series just got easier for the clips.

I want us to retaliate, because otherwise we will see the same thing from the Bucks in the finals. Who the heck cares about a suspension in the finals? You put your 12th guy in and tell him to hurt the other teams best player. You just increased your chances of winning the title with no real downside.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PJ isn't dirty. He plays hard.

Bowen should be banned from the NBA for life. He is the single dirtiest player ever, and he was way to wussy to every actually fight. He would just put a foot in your landing zone and turn an ankle. That was his "defense" and his only purpose was to hurt the other teams best player so the Spurs could have an easier series.

Beverly is that same type of dirty player. Is there anyone on earth that thinks its a coincidence that Beverly broke Bookers nose, and then undercut CP3,trying to hurt him. That play could have EASILY been a broken hand/wrist as you brace you fall. That was the plays purpose, that was Beverly's intent. If CP3 gets hurt and goes out, the series just got easier for the clips.

I want us to retaliate, because otherwise we will see the same thing from the Bucks in the finals. Who the heck cares about a suspension in the finals? You put your 12th guy in and tell him to hurt the other teams best player. You just increased your chances of winning the title with no real downside.
Imo, I think CP is falling in love with the flop and drawing contact a little too much so far this series. Van gundy and Jackson were right on about it last night from my perspective. I just don't think good teams get hung up on what the other team is doing...they know that's what they're trying to accomplish. You react. You let it eat at ya. They already won.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think one issue with Booker is that when he drives he never seems to dunk in traffic. 3-4 times last night he beat PB or George got to the rim and then missed a contested layup. In the playoffs you don't always get the foul call. he's not strong enough to body the defender away like George without getting called. if he can consistently make the floaters over the top, like Curry, then do it. If not you have to, under control, attack and dunk. Even in the playoffs if you get hammered trying to dunk, you will usually get the call.

I do think Beverly is in his head but I think the biggest issue is the Clippers are attacking him on defense, he's had foul trouble and they've just gone after him pretty relentlessly on that end because he has not been able to play with fouls, he just concedes buckets.

Great player, learning experience.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think one issue with Booker is that when he drives he never seems to dunk in traffic. 3-4 times last night he beat PB or George got to the rim and then missed a contested layup. In the playoffs you don't always get the foul call. he's not strong enough to body the defender away like George without getting called. if he can consistently make the floaters over the top, like Curry, then do it. If not you have to, under control, attack and dunk. Even in the playoffs if you get hammered trying to dunk, you will usually get the call.

I do think Beverly is in his head but I think the biggest issue is the Clippers are attacking him on defense, he's had foul trouble and they've just gone after him pretty relentlessly on that end because he has not been able to play with fouls, he just concedes buckets.

It’s actually a regular issue with book. He routinely misses layups when covered or bodied without drawing fouls.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

I think Booker and George are the same player. They have crazy performance swings from game to game.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Good observation. Book looked like he was playing with 5 fouls the whole night.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You need to send a message to Beverly when the time is right when it won’t hurt the team or key players. Need to go old school on his BS

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We should add Chris Paul and Patrick Beverley. See Beverley's behavior after taking Paul's leg's out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media