Derrick Williams leaving for NBA

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Not a huge surprise. He's gonna be a great pro.

Derrick Williams entering NBA draft
ESPN.com news services

Derrick Williams is leaving Arizona for the NBA and intends to hire an agent, the Wildcats forward announced Wednesday.

Williams averaged 19.8 points and 8.3 rebounds a sophomore this season.

"After careful consideration and with the support of my family and Coach [Sean] Miller, I have decided to declare for the 2011 NBA Draft," Williams said in a school statement. "I have enjoyed my two years at Arizona both on and off the court. I want to thank my teammates, who are like brothers to me, my coaches and all Wildcat Fans for making my experience an unforgettable one."

The 6-foot-8 forward is largely considered a lock to be selected in the top three of June's draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2011/news/story?id=6347632

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Thanks for the memories Derrick. This obviously hurts our chances to repeat in the Pac next year but will only help recruiting going forward when he goes top 3.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Was waiting for this. Coulda been a powerhouse with him next year, but like Mao said, this is GREAT for recruiting and a big piece of Arizona being "back"

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks Derrick and good luck in the NBA. I would love to see the Suns get a miracle in the lottery and pick him. Derrick will be a great recruiter for Miller and company.

grouponclone

Reaction score
Thanks for the memories Derrick. Good luck Derrick! And thanks for the sharing informative post with us....

Once thanks again.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Thanks for the memories Derrick. Good luck Derrick! And thanks for the sharing informative post with us....

Once thanks again.

Just post your sales pitch now so you can get your ban over with

:ban: