Denver Broncos @ Arizona Cardinals Game day thread, 10/18/2018

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes. Show up and voice your displeasure not turn the stadium over to the other team.

Voice it to who? Yeah sure, I'm going to stay the whole game, watch my team get annihilated so I can just boo them. Then I can get stuck in the parking lot with every other drunk bronco fan. Yeah right. I highly doubt you would have stayed and voiced your displeasure...

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lol.. nice one...

Honestly, out of respect for Slinging Sammy Bradford, I would rather they start Glennon man. I wouldn't want my boy out there with this HC, this OC and this offensive line.

We need a sacrificial lamb to throw out there for the rest of the season.

But then again, somebody said that once we start Rosen, we have to stay with him. I mean, do you guys agree? Are we sure that starting Rosen 10 days from now is the best move for the team, long term?

Who knighted Rosen as a the next Brady that we have keep sealed in his original packing lest he will be no good?

Historically/statistically speaking Rosen has a better chance of being the next Plummer than the next Warner. The reason he is out there is to see what we have since:

A) The season was toast when Bradford was in there, so there is was no chance at making a short term run, which was why he was brought it. He was just a bridge to the future thinking we would be building on a 8-8 team this year. With zero chance at a playoff bid, let alone quality football play he's useless to this team near term and long term.

B) Rosen needs pro reps to get a head start for next year, and that's assuming he's worth keeping around either. It's impossible to know with a such a mess of an offense right now, but you have to start somewhere. With the same staff there is a solid chance we'll have the same situation next year, so are we going to just keep him on the shelf until the idea situation arises one, two or more seasons later, or never for the matter.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Lol.. nice one...

Honestly, out of respect for Slinging Sammy Bradford, I would rather they start Glennon man. I wouldn't want my boy out there with this HC, this OC and this offensive line.

We need a sacrificial lamb to throw out there for the rest of the season.

But then again, somebody said that once we start Rosen, we have to stay with him. I mean, do you guys agree? Are we sure that starting Rosen 10 days from now is the best move for the team, long term?

Hindsight is 20/20. At this point i would sit all our starters until this regime is gone. Give them the year off. Its doing a disservice to all these players to have them "learning" from this staff. They will only hinder the progress of anyone on this team.

Some were optimistic. Others not so much. But nobody saw this coming.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Who knighted Rosen as a the next Brady that we have keep sealed in his original packing lest he will be no good?

Historically/statistically speaking Rosen has a better chance of being the next Plummer than the next Warner. The reason he is out there is to see what we have since:

A) The season was toast when Bradford was in there, so there is was no chance at making a short term run, which was why he was brought it. He was just a bridge to the future thinking we would be building on a 8-8 team this year. With zero chance at a playoff bid, let alone quality football play he's useless to this team near term and long term.

B) Rosen needs pro reps to get a head start for next year, and that's assuming he's worth keeping around either. It's impossible to know with a such a mess of an offense right now, but you have to start somewhere. With the same staff there is a solid chance we'll have the same situation next year, so are we going to just keep him on the shelf until the idea situation arises one, two or more seasons later, or never for the matter.
Point is only true in spirit. When Bradford was brought in, he was the starter. He wasn't technically a bridge because the Cardinals had no idea if they'd be getting a QB in the draft.

Whether or not Rosen should keep starting, I think he should as long as he's healthy. Speaking of Bradford, he went through his his 2nd year in 2011. He tried to play through a bad ankle and I'm not too convinced that him gimping around was worth the "experience". If Rosen is hobbling then protect him from himself.

Of course, all of this is muddled by not knowing the immediate future of the team. I have to assume that McCoy was coaching for his job tonight and lost it. If there is a new offense being installed during this mini-bye, then you likely have to go with Rosen even if he's less than 100%. To have Bradford or Glennon come in and possibly look good in the new offense isn't a worthwhile risk IMO.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Point is only true in spirit. When Bradford was brought in, he was the starter. He wasn't technically a bridge because the Cardinals had no idea if they'd be getting a QB in the draft.

He was the starter, but he was always bridge to a franchise QB, be it in the draft, trade of free agency. If they thought they were going to ride Bradford for the next 5 years they would have locked him for longer than with a one year contact and a second year option. If SB were a franchise QB he wouldn't be taking a rental deal from us.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
He was the starter, but he was always bridge to a franchise QB, be it in the draft, trade of free agency. If they thought they were going to ride Bradford for the next 5 years they would have locked him for longer than with a one year contact and a second year option. If SB were a franchise QB he wouldn't be taking a rental deal from us.
C'mon now, let's not move the goal posts. I never said he was the QBOTF I just said he wasn't a bridge when he signed his deal. They went out and signed Glennon too so it seems reasonable to assume there were ready to go with Bradford and Glennon as prove it vets. When Rosen became attainable, everything changed.

I agree that Bradford would have had to have played lights out to get that 2nd year fulfilled and for the Cardinals to not draft someone next year but I have strong doubts about whether Bradford would have signed at all if he knew for sure that a 1st round QB was coming in. He didn't have many options to start but I really don't know what he would have done if given the choice between knowing for sure that he was a bridge and signing as a backup somewhere else or with anyone else who might have offered him a deal.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Wilks really sounds like he doesn't have any idea how to fix these problems. I hate coach-speak but jeez, Louise coach, put up a false front at least. He just sounds lost and clueless.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

dude... don't bother here.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Say what you want about Eagles fans but if they were home tonight and played like this, the boo's would have been so loud that I would have heard them in my living room. I'll never understand why our stadium is always full of the other team's fans. This was a home game for the Broncos.

I think it has to do with location. In a month I’m going to Florida for vacation because it’s cold here in MN. If the cardinals were in Miami or Tampa I’d be looking at tickets. There’s a lot of transplants in AZ, so when the team is bad there’s going to be a lot of available tickets. Doesn’t make it right, but that’s the best explanation I can give on why it happens.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
No matter how much a team is loved by it's city, participation at the stadium is going to suffer if things go (really) sour. I was critical of the fans in St. Louis when they quit showing up to games because it was one of the only bullets left they had in their fight to keep the Rams. Not that sold out stadiums would have changed the eventual outcome but it would have been one thing less in support of a move.

Which obviously isn't the case for the Cardinals right now. As someone mentioned, there is a difference for teams in Arizona and LA and it's in two parts. One, if the team sucks, there are other things to do. If you don't want to suffer through watching the team struggle, you don't have to. In places like Cleveland, it's the football game or nothing and the weather means you're probably going to be miserable anyway so you might as well be miserable with everyone else at the game.

Second, when you're in a location where people actually want to be, they'll actually show up to watch their team from somewhere else. Getting to go to a game for a fraction of the cost (or at all) against a team that's struggling is a win/win.

For Cardinals fans it sucks to see all that orange but it ultimately isn't a reflection of the home town fans.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

RK was playing well and making impact plays and getting pressure in the first 3 weeks. What happened?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
RK was playing well and making impact plays and getting pressure in the first 3 weeks. What happened?

Corey Peters was interviewed in the pregame show yesterday. Peters said that there were certain players who were hurting this team by being out of position or something like that. He didn't name names but I think clearly Nkemdiche is one of those players. I believe he isn't maintaining his gap and free lancing too much in this defense. Hence why he is seeing more time riding the pine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard