Defense wins championships

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
It's not universally true however I think we should focus all our efforts on that and run whatever offense we can that is efficient and can score a few points.

I hate to say this but I think the Broncos are going to win just because of their defense.

The Panthers will struggle to score points on them IMO.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Panthers defense is great and will give the Broncos problems. Although they might be without Thomas Davis.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly and our defense was flat out atrocious in this game and let the panthers destroy us! I mean give up an 85yd TD on third and long was just one example of getting abused and having zero pass rush!

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Has a 'finesse' team won a SuperBowl lately? As boring as it seems, iit's all about defense and running the ball in the playoffs.

OP
OP
conraddobler

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
All of the teams left before Sunday had good defenses the worst probably being the Patriots statistically.

We were statistically a top 5 defense.

Bronco's are number one they are going to give Cam fits. I think the Panthers will still win because they have the greater combination of the two but it could easily not happen for them if they make any mistakes.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Add nasty to my D wish list for next year. IMO we have to many soft players.

OP
OP
conraddobler

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Has a 'finesse' team won a SuperBowl lately? As boring as it seems, iit's all about defense and running the ball in the playoffs.

Last ten years maybe 2 out of 10 depends on how you classify the Patriots last year I wouldn't call them a finesse team myself.

New Orleans in 10 and Indy in 07.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Last ten years maybe 2 out of 10 depends on how you classify the Patriots last year I wouldn't call them a finesse team myself.

New Orleans in 10 and Indy in 07.
Pats last year and the Colts. That Saints team had a nasty D. Even though Brees and the offense got the publicity, remember this was the bounty-gate defense too.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every single team in the NFL would love to have a tandem like Ware and Miller. Most teams are like the Cardinals, they can't find one elite pass rusher, much less two.

The Broncos terrorized Brady yesterday. The matchup with Cam will be fascinating to watch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn