Dear Cardinals, I cannot...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
take this anymore. Been a fan since 1976 and the means which this franchise chooses to yank my loyal fandom around is beyond comprehension. The 1984 debacle for the division champ. The hope of Jake Plummer flushed down the proverbial toilet. Those closing touchdowns in the Super Bowl, the one to get my hopes up and then the Steeler one to dash them on a drive of teasing 'we almost stopped them' again. Getting to a NFC championship and get obliterated. Backups having career days. Home crowds where it's hard to place if the team is home or not as the opponent's star players get supportive chants. The ability to take talent and find some way to make them inept

To be truthful, I guess I can take some more because frankly I no longer expect anything. I really did think we were going to lose today, it's just what this team does no matter if it was Kliff coaching with Kyler or we had Bill Wash with Joe Montana. Heck, we cannot even label our current stances unless they're an extreme label of Kool Aid or Darkside, we have no stability even with us fans. One player is going to have to do the impossible to turn this around regardless of who, and I have no idea who that player is or what that play will be, but somebody is going to have to break this curse, somebody is going to have to rise up and not all of a sudden get on the injured list (seems comical challenging the football gods D-hop and JJ). People often talk about a franchise needing a savior... well, ours will have to be the status of a Moses or Gilgamesh for us to have a chance, while I was hoping Kyler could be David with a sling

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
take this anymore. Been a fan since 1976 and the means which this franchise chooses to yank my loyal fandom around is beyond comprehension. The 1984 debacle for the division champ. The hope of Jake Plummer flushed down the proverbial toilet. Those closing touchdowns in the Super Bowl, the one to get my hopes up and then the Steeler one to dash them on a drive of teasing 'we almost stopped them' again. Getting to a NFC championship and get obliterated. Backups having career days. Home crowds where it's hard to place if the team is home or not as the opponent's star players get supportive chants. The ability to take talent and find some way to make them inept

To be truthful, I guess I can take some more because frankly I no longer expect anything. I really did think we were going to lose today, it's just what this team does no matter if it was Kliff coaching with Kyler or we had Bill Wash with Joe Montana. Heck, we cannot even label our current stances unless they're an extreme label of Kool Aid or Darkside, we have no stability even with us fans. One player is going to have to do the impossible to turn this around regardless of who, and I have no idea who that player is or what that play will be, but somebody is going to have to break this curse, somebody is going to have to rise up and not all of a sudden get on the injured list (seems comical challenging the football gods D-hop and JJ). People often talk about a franchise needing a savior... well, ours will have to be the status of a Moses or Gilgamesh for us to have a chance, while I was hoping Kyler could be David with a sling
I was wishing Goff's arm was in a sling during the game lol. We just can't beat him. I bet we couldn't beat him if he was the QB of the Jaguars.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is hard not to feel this way. Been a fan since 1967. I started to believe this year but in the back of my mind was waiting for the other shoe to fall. Well they didn’t disappoint. Lose on Monday night at home and then follow it up with a spectacular loss to a one win team. They are now getting national attention for ineptness. It doesn’t seem possible that after so many years with all the different coaches, GM’s and players they continually crap the bed. It is hard to take. But I will get myself ready for Saturday night and hold out hope until they dash it once again. This is what a Cardinal fan does.

Last edited:

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
I was so mad about the disrespect the Cards were getting as the last undefeated team. "It won't last", "Can they beat GB, Rams", stuff like that. But what got to me the most, I kept waiting for the talking heads to be right...because I thought the same thing...and they were....

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This is a total overreaction.

Nothing has really happened yet.

If they don't make the playoffs, or slide in and get smoked then you can have a reaction like this.

Tampa just got their butt kicked by a vastly inferior team last night too, do you think their fans are totally writing off their title chances?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I'm out for the rest of the regular season. I'm busy at work, busy with family, got all this Omicron crap going on. Enough to deal with without more disappointment from a weak minded team. The Colts game is middle of the night here so I'd pick that up in the morning anyway. But I have zero hopes of winning that. In this overall form + our home form? No chance. Kyler gonna throw about 3 picks.

This team was dominated in the trenches by the Lions. The Lions. The Colts will eat us for lunch. The Cowboys are also elite on both sides of the trenches. I fully expect us to lose the next 2 and possibly even the Seattle game.

After starting 7-0 I fully expect us to end 3-7.

I expect 10-7 will still make the playoffs. Would need a near impossible combination of results to not. But after closing out 3-7 and losing 5 on the trot do you see us winning a playoff game?

It was fun while it lasted, but Kliff is a fair weather coach. He's good when everything is going his way. When it isn't he just can't adjust at all. I'm still struggling with making Kyler throw it 43 times and only running it 15 when it was clear very early on that Kyler couldn't hit a donkeys butt from 5 yards.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even though I was never all in, I still wanted to believe. The team was so exciting to watch at the beginning of the season but we've all seen it slowly crash and burn.. well, maybe it hasn't burned yet but it has definitely crashed.

My personal experience has been that when an organization gets 'sick' someone from the outside can make a better observation. I think we should sent @kerouac9 and @Chopper0080 to have a look see.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Yeah..this year smells a lot like last year..maybe the Cards will surprise me and win 2 of the last 3 but I'm not very confident they will. If we lose the division to the Rams I will puke :(

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If they don't make the playoffs, or slide in and get smoked then you can have a reaction like this.

Tampa just got their butt kicked by a vastly inferior team last night too, do you think their fans are totally writing off their title chances?
They’re probably not writing off their chances because... oh... you know... maybe because they won the Super Bowl last year, have the best QB of all time, a coach that’s taken teams to multiple NFC title games and playoffs and we have... none of that?

Could all that be why Bucs fans are probably thinking about their team differently than Cardinals fans right now?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
They’re probably not writing off their chances because... oh... you know... maybe because they won the Super Bowl last year, have the best QB of all time, a coach that’s taken teams to multiple NFC title games and playoffs and we have... none of that?

Could all that be why Bucs fans are probably thinking about their team differently than Cardinals fans right now?
You just stated what I was thinking.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You just stated what I was thinking.

It’s really irrational to wonder why Bucs fans might not be as worried as Cards fans considering one team proved the ability to win the whole thing with the best QB ever last year versus the team who totally melted down last year and who’s QB and coach are 0-4 in games with chances to even make the playoffs the last two years.

Reaction score

I feel your pain
Ive been a die hard cardinals fan since 1974

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As fun as it was to get to 10-2, I never believed 100% this is finally the year. More like 51 to 49 at best. I do know I have absolutely hated the pregame videos they have been playing at State Farm straight up bragging about being the best. They were like a public plea to be humiliated and it has finally happened. Wonder what they will do this Saturday?

The only good thing about the last week is, unlike all other Cardinals franchise public humiliations, we are 10-4 and do have a shot at some redemption.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird. Always a koolaider until this year. I questioned and doubted all the moves Keim made except for Hudson. Watt won’t make it through a season, Green..meh. Conner, okay I guess.
I doubted after 1-0,2-0,3-0,4-0,5-0. Maybe we’re just better?

I started coming out of the darkness. A Bright light loss to the mighty Packers because of a crazy last play actually earned more of my respect.

But then cracks started to appear. A terrible loss to the Panthers. A loss to the Rams and now the beat down by the Lions. We are 10-4 yet seem to suddenly be totally inept.

And here I am today as I stumbled back on the koolaid side I’m starting to feel like a fool. I want to dive back into the dark side… but I can’t. It the Cardinal fan syndrome. I’m going to cling to hope. I’m going to glance back at the end of the 2008 season and believe it can happen again.

I can’t help it. We’re somehow, someway going to beat the Colts. Sounds foolish, huh?

Well if you think this team is through breaking your hearts, you’re crazy. They will somehow feed your hope. Even to the point why you even questioned how you doubted them.

Jetstream, you’re in despair right now. But if you think this team isn’t going to suck you back in only to crush you again, well you’re kidding yourself. They’re not done messing with you.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Tampa also lost fournette, Godwin, and evans in that game making scoring virtually impossible. Who did we lose? Also, Saints ain’t the freaking lions. Perspective.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

No, this is a warranted reaction directed at a team which currently is unable to react... and your whole 'Tampa makes you feel better' stance is like telling someone with a broken infected leg it's alright because someone else fractured their arm lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopkins, Hudson, and a gimpy Conner I guess? #1 receiver, best Lineman, #1 RB.

Conner was fine. those other two guys were out before the game started so the team had time to gameplan without them. the Bucs lost all those guys literally during the game. not really the same.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Conner was fine. those other two guys were out before the game started so the team had time to gameplan without them. the Bucs lost all those guys literally during the game. not really the same.
It matters that no Hopkins and more importantly Hudson he stabilized this team. The differing this team insincere early season is terrible Oline play abs terrible D that’s what’s changed! Want to blame Kyler go ahead he didn’t give up 30 points the last few games.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some are back to resorting in the misfortune of other teams so we feel a little better. I identify.

One thing people were wishing for was more attention nationally. Careful what you wish for. You might get it.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
“Gimpy Conner?” Get outta here with that weak sauce. Dude actually played terrific yesterday. Lame.

Calm down tiger, take it easy. Conner was listed as questionable on the injury report, was limited in practice all week, and had relatively few carries. I (fortunately) didn't get to see the game so I was just going off that, hence I included a question mark next to his name in my post. It's not outrageous to think his ankle might have been bothering him.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson