Dear Cardinals, I cannot...

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Ok, let me tell you my take on injuries. First off a disclaimer, the biggest wimp playing in the NFL is stronger than your average man in the everyday and let's make that evident. Once heard the average RB according to medical professionals takes about the same equivalent of a car accident three times a game (not saying a serious one, but you get the point). Once heard the likes of Bret Fauvre to Larry Fitzgerald smirk talking to reporters after mid season that they might be injured, these guys when considered 'healthy' would be a call for one of us to visit a doctor. This is a brutal sport and one's perspective cannot be their own but those few who get to live the dream which is the NFL and the sacrifices that entails

Kyler at this point of the season is not injured probably according to traditional NFL standards, as Conner. Hopkins and JJ Watt (especially) are but I have no doubt if we make the playoffs you are going to see them suit up for better or worse
If one considers this, there is no way I am ever gonna throw shades at the likes of a Brady (laughable to fault him with one hickup on his overwhelming resume of excellence), it's damn hard to win a game, get to the playoffs, win a freaking championship at the insane rate he can put his name to in retrospective

I simply want to be in the playoffs, get over this damn hump... earn respect which for whatever reason back in the day I tied my wagon to being a fan

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Calm down tiger, take it easy. Conner was listed as questionable on the injury report, was limited in practice all week, and had relatively few carries. I (fortunately) didn't get to see the game so I was just going off that, hence I included a question mark next to his name in my post. It's not outrageous to think his ankle might have been bothering him.
I’m calm. Sorry for coming at you so strongly. He was clearly fine in the game for those that watched. In fact he and chase were our best players.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some are back to resorting in the misfortune of other teams so we feel a little better. I identify.

One thing people were wishing for was more attention nationally. Careful what you wish for. You might get it.
True.

the funny thing is one good performance and W on Saturday would totally turn around the attitude here. Beating one of the hottest teams in the league that everyone is jocking right now and clinching a playoff spot might not do much in the media, but it would at least signal to me and you and other fans here that the 7-0 team isn’t totally dead and that they got over the playoff win and in game hurdle.

i don’t even want to think about a loss dropping us to 0-5 in clinching games... so I won’t!

we win on Xmas! Have no idea how, but it happens!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
True.

the funny thing is one good performance and W on Saturday would totally turn around the attitude here. Beating one of the hottest teams in the league that everyone is jocking right now and clinching a playoff spot might not do much in the media, but it would at least signal to me and you and other fans here that the 7-0 team isn’t totally dead and that they got over the playoff win and in game hurdle.

i don’t even want to think about a loss dropping us to 0-5 in clinching games... so I won’t!

we win on Xmas! Have no idea how, but it happens!
This

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cool, good to know. I can't bear to watch the replay when we get embarrassed like that.
Me either. When we lose like that I don't watch Sportscenter or the NFL network cause I don't wanna see the highlights lol. Just sick till probably Tuesday, then I try to find ways of convincing myself that the sky isn't falling on our team. Using this board......it helps with the kool-aid side getting pumped back up but then the dark siders bring me back down lol. Me, I consider myself in the middle of both sides, I just love my team & want them to beat the **** outta every team as we all do.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which begs the question why we didn’t use them more when Kyler clearly was off throwing it?? Too Kute!
When your first two possessions are three and outs, and the game is well into the second qtr...the Lions took them mostly out of the game.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
When your first two possessions are three and outs, and the game is well into the second qtr...the Lions took them mostly out of the game.
Halftime adjustment anyone? Smdh. I was confident this would be a tale of two halfs.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe but if he kicks the damn FG it’s 10-3 and you keep running the ball as well as pass. Or run more screens with Edmonds and Conner you don’t just take them out of the game plan that’s ignorant! Kliff panics and goes freaking brain dead it’s absurd to abandon you game plan I no the first half against a 1 win team. You cannot convince me that we couldn’t run the ball a few screens slow down their pass rush and hit em with a few down field shots. Our HC panicked and just started calling a stupid game. First and goal from the 5 I think and 4 straight passes? You don’t give Conner the TD machine any touches? Stupid stupid stupid!!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe but if he kicks the damn FG it’s 10-3 and you keep running the ball as well as pass. Or run more screens with Edmonds and Conner you don’t just take them out of the game plan that’s ignorant! Kliff panics and goes freaking brain dead it’s absurd to abandon you game plan I no the first half against a 1 win team. You cannot convince me that we couldn’t run the ball a few screens slow down their pass rush and hit em with a few down field shots. Our HC panicked and just started calling a stupid game. First and goal from the 5 I think and 4 straight passes? You don’t give Conner the TD machine any touches? Stupid stupid stupid!!
Not kicking that FG really pissed me off. The game has gone crappy up to then, take the sure points and get the ball to start the 2nd half. Even worse, I totally knew Detroit would go 97 yards for a TD or at least a FG.

It's not just KK making these go for it over FG decisions. These coaches have all read the same manual and they need to burn it now.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Honorable Japanese fan would always keep his wakizashi nearby to ease his pain. I suggest you all try Amazon where you can obtain one for less than $200. Thanks for playing.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Me either. When we lose like that I don't watch Sportscenter or the NFL network cause I don't wanna see the highlights lol. Just sick till probably Tuesday, then I try to find ways of convincing myself that the sky isn't falling on our team. Using this board......it helps with the kool-aid side getting pumped back up but then the dark siders bring me back down lol. Me, I consider myself in the middle of both sides, I just love my team & want them to beat the **** outta every team as we all do.
I'm the same way :cards: :newcards:

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
take this anymore. Been a fan since 1976 and the means which this franchise chooses to yank my loyal fandom around is beyond comprehension. The 1984 debacle for the division champ. The hope of Jake Plummer flushed down the proverbial toilet. Those closing touchdowns in the Super Bowl, the one to get my hopes up and then the Steeler one to dash them on a drive of teasing 'we almost stopped them' again. Getting to a NFC championship and get obliterated. Backups having career days. Home crowds where it's hard to place if the team is home or not as the opponent's star players get supportive chants. The ability to take talent and find some way to make them inept

To be truthful, I guess I can take some more because frankly I no longer expect anything. I really did think we were going to lose today, it's just what this team does no matter if it was Kliff coaching with Kyler or we had Bill Wash with Joe Montana. Heck, we cannot even label our current stances unless they're an extreme label of Kool Aid or Darkside, we have no stability even with us fans. One player is going to have to do the impossible to turn this around regardless of who, and I have no idea who that player is or what that play will be, but somebody is going to have to break this curse, somebody is going to have to rise up and not all of a sudden get on the injured list (seems comical challenging the football gods D-hop and JJ). People often talk about a franchise needing a savior... well, ours will have to be the status of a Moses or Gilgamesh for us to have a chance, while I was hoping Kyler could be David with a sling
I guess that they should just release all of the players, fire all of the staff, and raze the stadium. Sell the property and put a hog farm there.

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
Honorable Japanese fan would always keep his wakizashi nearby to ease his pain. I suggest you all try Amazon where you can obtain one for less than $200. Thanks for playing.
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I guess that they should just release all of the players, fire all of the staff, and raze the stadium. Sell the property and put a hog farm there.
I guess you clearly do not understand, do you? There is a constant there with that message which there is also an apparent cue on the title, 'dear cardinals'. I luv this freaking team and the use of 'dear' and the years of 'this can only happen to the Cardinals' has to stop at some point, some place because one does not write such statements if they just don't care or want a team to exist. Ultimately it's probably the Gordian knot of football but I am still rooting for these failed heroes from Hart, Lomax, Plummer, Warner, Palmer and especially Klyer because he's the current one which is attempting to do the impossible judging by other attempts
If you are being sarcastic in that response, cool because that gets me through the Cardinal debacles but if you are questioning me as a fan? You can go to hell in a Dallas Cowboy painted wagon with only room temperature domestic Miller Lite in a plastic bottle to drink because one does not plead for a team to win if they do not want them

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Rooting for the Cards is like getting a date with the homecoming queen after going out with the schools’ wallflowers all your life. Finally. At last. THE date. And, for some reason, she goes out with you again, and again. But repeatedly she tells you that you’re not the one. She has her eye on someone more handsome, richer, with a better car. Then at long last she ripped out your heart, tears it apart, saying “we can still be friends.” Noooooo. You’re devastated. Same with pulling for the Cards. You’re almost there, but never truly there.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I guess you clearly do not understand, do you? There is a constant there with that message which there is also an apparent cue on the title, 'dear cardinals'. I luv this freaking team and the use of 'dear' and the years of 'this can only happen to the Cardinals' has to stop at some point, some place because one does not write such statements if they just don't care or want a team to exist. Ultimately it's probably the Gordian knot of football but I am still rooting for these failed heroes from Hart, Lomax, Plummer, Warner, Palmer and especially Klyer because he's the current one which is attempting to do the impossible judging by other attempts
If you are being sarcastic in that response, cool because that gets me through the Cardinal debacles but if you are questioning me as a fan? You can go to hell in a Dallas Cowboy painted wagon with only room temperature domestic Miller Lite in a plastic bottle to drink because one does not plead for a team to win if they do not want them
Not questioning anyone's fandom