Deandre Ayton facing 25 game suspension

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched. He’s probably improved since last year, but I couldn’t help but notice how much better Doncic is.

i hear you, but you gotta just flush that out of your system like Ayton did. I had to do the same thing, but last night he at least looked like the 2nd best player coming out of that draft and if that's what he ended up being, i'd be okay with it. now, I don't know what to think.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
my comment was more in response to the couple of posters who thought something fishy was going on here with it possibly being a false positive. dude admitted he took something he shouldn't have. whether it was mistakenly or not, it's more likely than not that he's going to ride pine for a while.
I hear ya bro. I just mean for him it’s almost like he’s just trying to take responsibility for it to get out in front of it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear ya bro. I just mean for him it’s almost like he’s just trying to take responsibility for it to get out in front of it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gotcha.

man this sucks!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet we don't even get to hear the details of the argument. Also, we don't even know the criteria of how they select the two cases they take back to the NBA. Something tells me if the circumstances were the same for the last pick in the draft.....things wouldn't be such a rush.

I am waiting to hear a valid reason to take something that lowers his blood pressure. He eat too much steak over the off season?

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Has anyone reported what the diuretic he took is supposed to have been? A known masking agent or something else that could have other legitimate uses? I would assume that would have an impact on plausible deniability.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I bet we don't even get to hear the details of the argument. Also, we don't even know the criteria of how they select the two cases they take back to the NBA. Something tells me if the circumstances were the same for the last pick in the draft.....things wouldn't be such a rush.

I am waiting to hear a valid reason to take something that lowers his blood pressure. He eat too much steak over the off season?

I have severe test taking anxiety and when I’ve taken exams for licensure or certification, I took a beta blocker to calm my heart rate down that’s outlawed by most sports organizations.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Per Wiki, the last suspension this long in the NBA was Jodie Meeks in 2017-18 getting 25 games for two different banned substances. Nothing else there that long back to 1997 for drugs. Arenas got 50 for the gun. Crittenton got 38. Then there are the Artest/Jackson suspensions.

6:59 PM - 24 Oct 2019

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Assuming it wasn't actually accidental, it is used for flushing your system. Which means he could have been using it for flushing PEDs or weed out of his system. Hopefully if it is that than it was for weed, but of course that would make it a really dumb decision because the first offense for weed is leterally a warning, 2nd offense a fine and 3rd offense a 5 game suspension.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assuming it wasn't actually accidental, it is used for flushing your system. Which means he could have been using it for flushing PEDs or weed out of his system. Hopefully if it is that than it was for weed, but of course that would make it a really dumb decision because the first offense for weed is leterally a warning, 2nd offense a fine and 3rd offense a 5 game suspension.

or, he might have already gotten the warning, and did it again. or the fine (don't know if that's reported).

regardless, it's infuriatingly stupid.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
It’s one thing when both A and B tests are positive. No discussion.

when Test B is negative, there’s some grey area

Raindog

Reaction score
Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Per Wiki, the last suspension this long in the NBA was Jodie Meeks in 2017-18 getting 25 games for two different banned substances. Nothing else there that long back to 1997 for drugs. Arenas got 50 for the gun. Crittenton got 38. Then there are the Artest/Jackson suspensions.

6:59 PM - 24 Oct 2019

Well, as we Suns fans can attest, the NBA does have a "zero tolerance policy"

...on teams and players they don't like, that is.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm disappointed but mostly in the situation, not so much Ayton. I really have no idea what goes on in his mind or why he did whatever he did but I'm hoping he took it for a better reason than to mask pot consumption.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, as we Suns fans can attest, the NBA does have a "zero tolerance policy"

...on teams and players they don't like, that is.

I'd love to hear a coherent reason why the NBA would want it's number 1 pick from a year ago slandered with a doping scandal.

the idea that there's a conspiracy against the Suns is tinfoil hat material. If the NBA wasn't finding ways to screw the Clippers during their CP3/Griffin heyday when Sterling was only the worst owner in sports who every secretly knew was racist but not everyone KNEW he was racist, they ain't screwing over Sarver just for kicks.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm disappointed but mostly in the situation, not so much Ayton. I really have no idea what goes on in his mind or why he did whatever he did but I'm hoping he took it for a better reason than to mask pot consumption.

I don't know how you can separate the "situation" from the player who put himself in it.

Raindog

Reaction score
I think Ayton just needs to put out a tweet condemning all those troublemakers in Hong Kong... then watch how fast he gets unsuspended.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I'd love to hear a coherent reason why the NBA would want it's number 1 pick from a year ago slandered with a doping scandal.

the idea that there's a conspiracy against the Suns is tinfoil hat material. If the NBA wasn't finding ways to screw the Clippers during their CP3/Griffin heyday when Sterling was only the worst owner in sports who every secretly knew was racist but not everyone KNEW he was racist, they ain't screwing over Sarver just for kicks.
While I think it is fair to say that they care more about some franchises than others, they ultimately don't want anything to happen that potentially hurts their product. Even if that something is happening to one of the less important franchises.

Raindog

Reaction score

I'm just saying the NBA picks its fights selectively. Just like Spurs in the WC Finals.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Ayton just needs to put out a tweet condemning all those troublemakers in Hong Kong... then watch how fast he gets unsuspended.

ha! you're spitting gold tonight. (set you up for another one there...)

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is just our luck. Well .5 will have to be fully implemented.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was put out only 3 hours ago. Things must have happened quick.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how you can separate the "situation" from the player who put himself in it.

If it had been Booker I'd have been very disappointed in him. I expect better from him and pretty much for the rest of the roster too but I have no such expectations for Ayton. He seems like a nice guy and I think he has a world of potential but I have no confidence in his emotional maturity. So, I'm disappointed that we will be without him for up to 25 games.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just saying the NBA picks its fights selectively. Just like Spurs in the WC Finals.

come on, dog. the league isn't actively looking to make one of their young superstars look like crap, which is what you're implying. that they're being punitive at this point.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I have severe test taking anxiety and when I’ve taken exams for licensure or certification, I took a beta blocker to calm my heart rate down that’s outlawed by most sports organizations.

Propranolol is the GOAT.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard