Deandre Ayton facing 25 game suspension

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
literally NO ONE is doing this, but you trying to project some imaginary argument speaks to the deficiencies in your own. and when people start making up arguments and projecting them on those they disagree with, that's when the convo has run it's course.

Jesus, I didn’t even post within a mile of your general direction, and you pop out of no where with this vile crap and attempt at psychoeducating me about projection.

Chill out.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I know they were in the same draft class and all but I sometimes don't get this debate or comparison between the two. Ayton isn't a guard and he'll probably never be the main guy here as long as we have Booker. That's just the reality of the situation. I'll give Doncic props for his career so far because he absolutely deserves it but the guy was also handed the keys to Dallas as soon as he was drafted so that plays a huge part in his development. If we're going to compare him to anybody on the Suns, it's Devin Booker. That's the most appropriate comparison IMO when you consider their roles on their respective teams.

Anyways, can't wait to see this team with Ayton back out on the court, whether that's sooner or later remains to be seen.

That is an excellent point.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Both Ayton and Doncic were great picks at #1. I would have been thrilled with either at #2. The Mavs should be ecstatic they got Doncic at #3, but that has even more to do with the Kings than Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both Ayton and Doncic were great picks at #1. I would have been thrilled with either at #2. The Mavs should be ecstatic they got Doncic at #3, but that has even more to do with the Kings than Suns.

Also Trae Young was a home run at #5.

TJ

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Official overreact to a simple gesture time for us Suns fans.

but yea, this team’s chemistry is amazing

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Official overreact to a simple gesture time for us Suns fans.

but yea, this team’s chemistry is amazing

This team has something special brewing, for sure. It reminds me of the 2013-14 team but this was more of the best case scenario rather than a complete surprise. They are just 500 though so I'm doing all I can to keep my expectations low.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As of right now Doncic 10th in scoring, 13th in assists and 27th in rebounds. I thought he'd be a bust.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Eh, a lot of people thought he'd be a bust. People see that he is white and from Europe and assume he is a stiff. I probably would have thought the same had I not seen him play a dozen times.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, a lot of people thought he'd be a bust. People see that he is white and from Europe and assume he is a stiff. I probably would have thought the same had I not seen him play a dozen times.

Oh maybe he meant fans because scouts were pretty consistent.

TJ

Reaction score
As of right now Doncic 10th in scoring, 13th in assists and 27th in rebounds. I thought he'd be a bust.

Why did you think he was a bust? Me? I liked him, but the selling point for Ayton was his higher ceiling and the fact that our front court was a train wreck.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I liked Doncic, but felt Ayton had lower risk. I still think it was a good choice. If DA played three more games like game one this year, we would all be quite happy. You are rarely get the BEST player where you pick, but if you can get a really good worthy player where you pick, you will have a great team.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I was going through the "2017-2018 NBA Draft Prospect Watch" thread the other day and there absolutely was not a consensus that he would be good.

In one of my posts I said I though his ceiling was around 25-8-8, but even that seems like it could be low at this point.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Doncic has a supremely high floor but a ceiling not far above it. I'm curious to see how he can expand his game over the years.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Doncic has a supremely high floor but a ceiling not far above it. I'm curious to see how he can expand his game over the years.

I feel the same, I feel like he has already peaked. Not that he isn’t very good - he is, but I still feel ayton can be the better player.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going through the "2017-2018 NBA Draft Prospect Watch" thread the other day and there absolutely was not a consensus that he would be good.

In one of my posts I said I though his ceiling was around 25-8-8, but even that seems like it could be low at this point.

Why would you expect that with fans? I think though most NBA scouts and draft boards were pretty consistent.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel the same, I feel like he has already peaked. Not that he isn’t very good - he is, but I still feel ayton can be the better player.

yeah... people said that last year when he came out and averaged 21/8/6/1. So far this year, he's at 25/9/7/2.

And if this is a peak of 25/9/7/2, that's going to be one of the best players of all time.

I really don't get why people think the guy younger than Ayton has already peaked. Dude's still playing with baby-fat that's going to get leaner with better health staff, nutritionists and NBA weight-training. He could easily get better and move up to Harden levels, while not being nearly as selfish with the ball.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yeah... people said that last year when he came out and averaged 21/8/6/1. So far this year, he's at 25/9/7/2.

And if this is a peak of 25/9/7/2, that's going to be one of the best players of all time.

I really don't get why people think the guy younger than Ayton has already peaked. Dude's still playing with baby-fat that's going to get leaner with better health staff, nutritionists and NBA weight-training. He could easily get better and move up to Harden levels, while not being nearly as selfish with the ball.

He'll be probably more efficient/selective or untouchable (refs), which is why we might see a rise in his stats.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard