Deandre Ayton discussion

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns really have their hands tied with salary. Their best hope may be if Stix develops and they add a usable player in the draft. I'm not sure what the trade market is for Crowder.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think they might blow it up in Indiana
If they’re blowing it up it wouldn’t be for that pupu platter. Bridges inconsistency coming into an extension is not necessarily enough of a positive to offset the negative value crowder brings a rebuilding team unless they’ve got a good deal for crowder lined up. Stix kinda has zero value. And a bunch of late first rounders. Not seeing it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A player I've always liked and wanted is Robert Covington, who is in Portland now. He's got 1 year left at around $13 million. I'd try offering Crowder or Saric plus Stix or Carter for him. Not sure what Portland would want in exchange. They actually have a fairly complete team now, they just can't stay healthy. We don't have a way to give them salary relief, which might be most valuable to them.
I love that everyone thinks our garbage can net good players, and all stars, from other teams.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love that everyone thinks our garbage can net good players, and all stars, from other teams.

I also don’t think Covington moves the needle. Would he be better than Jae? Probably but we’d still be woefully undersized to matchup with the Lakers.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah he’s another undersized PF

I thought he was taller than he is. I'm glad the league cracked down on teams releasing accurate measurements for players height but its messed up how I think of some players. Like Ayton isn't a 7 footer, he's listed at.6'11. I thought Covington was 6'9" but seeing him listed at 6'7" changes my view some. He's a longer and younger version of Crowder, basically. He does have a 7'2" wingspan but he's not tall enough to be a PF in any situation.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I thought he was taller than he is. I'm glad the league cracked down on teams releasing accurate measurements for players height but its messed up how I think of some players. Like Ayton isn't a 7 footer, he's listed at.6'11. I thought Covington was 6'9" but seeing him listed at 6'7" changes my view some. He's a longer and younger version of Crowder, basically. He does have a 7'2" wingspan but he's not tall enough to be a PF in any situation.
Yeah he’ll battle like crowder and is younger. But he’s still leave us woefully undersized. I think he’s like a better Craig. But still kinda more of the same.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reality is the Lakers next year will still be the team to beat. If CP3 comes back we’re still looking at a small window so everything should go towards adding size to hopefully get over the top there.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd just as soon keep Craig although he has less wingspan than Covington and is cheaper. Both are 30 as is Crowder.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Equally funny that you think all we have is garbage? ;)
No, that was hyperbole. But what we have are a bunch of parts. None are really extremely valuable. Bridges obviously has the most value, but he’s an older third year player who is wildly inconsistent and is approaching bigger contract status. The other pieces we have aren’t much in way of value (cam Johnson maybe being the most and his year has been a disappointment).

Honestly, any package consisting of some combination of bridges, cam Johnson, saric, crowder, stix and late first rounds picks just isn’t likely to bring back much unless someone is enamored with Bridges.

I’ve said it almost all season, the sum of our parts seem much better than the individual parts themselves.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why would Pacers do that?

whats the value of Sabonis? Yes he is an “all star” but he’s a second/third tier all star.

Lebron
KD
Steph
Harden
AD
Dame
Kyrie
Giannis
Luka
Jokic
Embiid
Simmons
Paul
George
Booker
Beal
Tatum
Kawhi

I would rank all those guys ahead of him. I don’t think he commands some big time haul

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Equally funny that you think all we have is garbage? ;)

I didn’t know we could do that.

these guys are garbage!

you think our guys are garbage you literally just said you we’re fine with bringing everyone back the other day

well I didn’t mean there garbage. Just cause I said there garbage doesn’t mean I think there garbage.

but you just said...nevermind*sighs*

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
whats the value of Sabonis? Yes he is an “all star” but he’s a second/third tier all star.

Lebron
KD
Steph
Harden
AD
Dame
Kyrie
Giannis
Luka
Jokic
Embiid
Simmons
Paul
George
Booker
Beal
Tatum
Kawhi

I would rank all those guys ahead of him. I don’t think he commands some big time haul
I rank all of them ahead of him too. I still don’t think we pull him with any concoction of which we are capable absent Ayton or Booker, who are both likely more valuable than he is. Bridges is the closest thing to a mid-level asset, but I doubt he’s enough of a centerpiece to get sabonis.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

these guys are garbage!

you think our guys are garbage you literally just said you we’re fine with bringing everyone back the other day

well I didn’t mean there garbage. Just cause I said there garbage doesn’t mean I think there garbage.

Man I’m tired of running around in your head for days now.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

these guys are garbage!

And if you read what I’ve said, I first said it was hyperbole and then I clarified and said our whole is superior to our individual parts. I think most experts, fans, and otherwise would agree. You don’t, fine.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Myles Turner would be a better fit for the Suns than Sabonis.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If they’re blowing it up it wouldn’t be for that pupu platter. Bridges inconsistency coming into an extension is not necessarily enough of a positive to offset the negative value crowder brings a rebuilding team unless they’ve got a good deal for crowder lined up. Stix kinda has zero value. And a bunch of late first rounders. Not seeing it.

Yeah, if Sabonis hits the market, he'll fetch a lot more than that offer.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I rank all of them ahead of him too. I still don’t think we pull him with any concoction of which we are capable absent Ayton or Booker, who are both likely more valuable than he is.

Then let's work it the other way. Ayton brings back Sabonis plus what?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then let's work it the other way. Ayton brings back Sabonis plus what?

I can't see the Pacers biting on that. If they blow it up, why trade Sabonis for a lesser player who is only 2 years younger, just as expensive (if not more), plays a similar position, and is less productive? Sabonis is locked in for 2 more seasons at about $20 million per. Trading for Ayton or Bridges makes no sense, even if they rebuild. Trading older players like Turner makes more sense for them.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ayton is a freaking stud
To see what hes done through 3 games is amazing. Hes our only big and hes hanging with the whole lakers team.
Unbelievable

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
I wonder what Pauls trade value is. Assuming his shoulder heals.

Sunstroke

Veteran
Reaction score
Ayton is the main reason this series is tied @ 2 games a piece.
His defense and rebounding have kept the team alive, especially today.
He looks like a completely different player since the playoffs have started.

Go Suns! You now hold home court!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave