Deandre Ayton discussion

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton took a big step yesterday in game 1 against the Lakers towards being a great two-way center.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton took a big step yesterday in game 1 against the Lakers towards being a great two-way center.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

do it every game big man. Doesn’t necessarily mean 21/16 every game. But high intensity effort every game will get him where he and all of us want him to be.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Offensive rebounds are extra possessions. They are huge difference makers.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What? Putting your own misses back up?

Yeah, they were both notorious for missing, rebounding, missing, rebounding, missing, rebounding and so on. Don't know if it's true but I know a lot of people insisted that Malone did it on purpose to raise his rebounding numbers (and his salary). I've heard it said about Rodman too but I'm not sure that wasn't more frustration or jealousy based. But it does get suspicious when a professional player frequently keeps missing 2 footers that return right back to the shooter.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton better be ready bc Davis is going to attack and refs are going to have quick whistles. Cant rest on your laurels young man.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton last two games 43 points and 26 Rebounds.

Who had "Ayton Showed" on their Bingo cards for the first two games of the Lakers series?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Ayton doesn't show up the rest of the playoffs it doesn't mean much. However, this does put things into perspective about his performance in the first two games.

Most playoff games with 20+ points and 10+ rebounds on 80%+ shooting in Suns history:

• 2 - Deandre Ayton (2 playoff games)
  • 1 - A.C. Green (24 playoff games)
  • 1 - Gar Heard (44 playoff games)
  • 1 - Tim Thomas (20 playoff games)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If Ayton doesn't show up the rest of the playoffs it doesn't mean much. However, this does put things into perspective about his performance in the first two games.

Most playoff games with 20+ points and 10+ rebounds on 80%+ shooting in Suns history:

• 2 - Deandre Ayton (2 playoff games)
  • 1 - A.C. Green (24 playoff games)
  • 1 - Gar Heard (44 playoff games)
  • 1 - Tim Thomas (20 playoff games)
I hate to disparage Ayton while he’s getting laying well, but can anyone tell me how many of his makes he actually manufactured verses how many he just literally caught under the basket without anyone guarding him? I would count the following as being those he manufactured:

- an alley oop where he has to roll for the oop
- a jumpshot
- a hook shot
- off an offensive rebound
- the ridiculous drive and reverse that we’ve never seen before

I ask bc it seems, at least last game, he was the beneficiary of a LOT of feeds point blank for dunks. Not sure how much I really credit him with those.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to disparage Ayton while he’s getting laying well, but can anyone tell me how many of his makes he actually manufactured verses how many he just literally caught under the basket without anyone guarding him? I would count the following as being those he manufactured:

- a jumpshot
- a hook shot

I ask bc it seems, at least last game, he was the beneficiary of a LOT of feeds point blank for dunks. Not sure how much I really credit him with those.

at least he’s catching those passes.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

- a jumpshot
- a hook shot

We need him to continue doing whatever he's doing and concentrate on the real problems we are having, not trying to manufacture new ones.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

- a jumpshot
- a hook shot

What are you implying? If it is anyone else on the suns catching those, its isnt going to be that high of a completion percentage. The lakers dont wont to foul him at all because he can get his shot over all of them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We need him to continue doing whatever he's doing and concentrate on the real problems we are having, not trying to manufacture new ones.
I’m not “manufacturing” anything. If book and Payne stop creating those easy gimme opportunities Ayton’s scoring will dry up. That’s my point, chap.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What are you implying? If it is anyone else on the suns catching those, its isnt going to be that high of a completion percentage. The lakers dont wont to foul him at all because he can get his shot over all of them.
I’m not implying anything. In fact I think it was pretty evident that I was asking a question. It wasn’t rhetorical. How many baskets is Ayton creating verse how many of his baskets are others creating?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave