DCU: Man of Steel

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Temp thread name until there's a title for the film...

Bryan Singer on the Superman Sequel
Source: TODAYonline
September 24, 2006

TODAYonline caught up with Superman Returns director Bryan Singer, who talked a bit more about the sequel. Here's a clip:

However, at July's annual Comic Con International in San Diego, a convention of comic book, film and science fiction fans, Singer had revealed that the follow-up film would have more action.

"I plan to get all 'Wrath of Khan' on it," he told convention goers at the time, referring to the 1982 film Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan. Asked to expand on his remarks, Singer told TODAY: "What I was referring to was the fact that, when you do a first film like X-Men, for example, you're introducing a world and a set of characters.

"Once those characters are introduced, once we've lived with them for awhile and we know them, when you get into a second film like an Empire Strikes Back (sequel to Star Wars: A New Hope) or a Wrath of Khan, you can make an action-adventure film and you don't have to bank all that time getting to know the characters. Now you can raise the stakes, raise the jeopardy and make a leaner, meaner movie."

Red Hawk

JUST WIN!
Reaction score
Superman Returns sucked!!

Guess overhyping can get enough people in to see a bad movie to justify a sequel.

Snakes On A Plane II coming to theatre near you!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Superman Returns sequel...

Title:

Superman: Man of Steel

Rumor:

Two villains.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*Sigh* Going for too much in a super hero movie. Ugh.
I think it'seasier to add a second villain to a Supes movie...LL can't do it himself, but he can always hire/create a villain tp try to do it for him.

If that's the route they go, I'm going to guess it's LL and Metallo.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's easier to add a second villain to a Supes movie...LL can't do it himself, but he can always hire/create a villain to try to do it for him.

Attachments

• 250px-NuclearMan2.jpg
    250px-NuclearMan2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 285

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made it 15 minutes into Superman Returns before I was bored to tears. New Superman makes Baby Vader look like, uh, like a kid who can act.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made it 15 minutes into Superman Returns before I was bored to tears. New Superman makes Baby Vader look like, uh, like a kid who can act.

I made it through the whole movie.

With Batman Begins, my faith in bringing back old franchises was restored. Superman Returns fell flat on its face in comparison.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Latest rumors have Singer dropping out as director and Routh not returning as Superman.

There are plans for a Justice League movie and the actor that plays Superman in that film would likely star in the next Superman film...

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Latest is Warner has brought in Chris Nolan to mentor this project...

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Latino Review has broken the news that David Goyer will write the new Superman movie, to be titled The Man of Steel.

The site's scooper said that Goyer "had an idea that actually takes the movies back to the John Byrne incarnation. Modern. Believable. FUN!"

The site adds that Brandon Routh will not star in the film and Bryan Singer is not expected to direct.

About the story, the scooper adds: "I can tell you that Goyer's story involves Luthor and Brainiac. It is NOT an origin and assumes audiences already know about Lois, Clark, Jimmy and Perry. I know the Daily Planet is struggling due to the internet. And I know it sets up a huge Kryptonian mythology."

:thud:

:thumbup:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love John Byrne. One of my all time favorites.

I used to like him better before I found out Jughead slept with his muse, though.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Next movie will be produced by Christopher Nolan and Zach Snyder was just signed to direct.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked 300 and Watchmen, so ... I'm down with Zach Snyder.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked 300 and Watchmen, so ... I'm down with Zach Snyder.
I liked 300, but i think it was in large part due to Frank Miller's hand. I wasnt a big a fan of watchmen as many.

I just don't think he's right for Superman.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Superman 2012

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/usmovi...m/henry-cavill-cast-superman-zack-snyder-film

You must be registered for see images attach

The newest actor to play the man of steel has been announced. Rumor is the movie will be out sometime in late 2012, (if we're all still here that is,, lol JK)

Superman is now British... Now I've seen it all.

Oh well it still might be good I just want them to get a Superman flick right for crying out loud.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard