Dbacks @ Padres series thead (aka the series that turned it all around)

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Sitting here watching the game and on the screen pops up Sanders and Jersey Girl with their kid! That was pretty cool!!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Shelby Miller is the second coming of Barry Enright.

sent from a fone

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sitting here watching the game and on the screen pops up Sanders and Jersey Girl with their kid! That was pretty cool!!

I saw that too! I took a screen shot and sent it to em!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Shelby Miller is the second coming of Barry Enright.

sent from a fone

LOL... He was actually pitching pretty well until he dragged his pitching hand on the dirt. Really strange play that I've never seen before. Our starters are so f'n jinxed! :bang:

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The at bats in the 8th and the 9th were pathetic... Not one ball squared up....not even a foul ball..

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Can we get backsies on that Miller/Dansby trade?

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nick Ahmed is a damn good shortstop. Wooooo.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh crappy way to lose a long game Upton Jr wins it for the padres 2 run hr dangit!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitting that one of our starters gives up the game and our bullpen actually kicked ass from innings 2 through 13.

OP
OP
Bert

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
As excited as I was last night, I'm bummed tonight. I'm scared too because everytime we win I say; Ok maybe this will be the one that gets us going!

But then every night they come out looking exactly the same. Maybe it's not just early, maybe this just is who they are. A decent pitching, terrible hitting team that will struggle to bring in runners no matter the opponent.

Goldy HAS TO get going.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
As excited as I was last night, I'm bummed tonight. I'm scared too because everytime we win I say; Ok maybe this will be the one that gets us going!

But then every night they come out looking exactly the same. Maybe it's not just early, maybe this just is who they are. A decent pitching, terrible hitting team that will struggle to bring in runners no matter the opponent.

Goldy HAS TO get going.

And last year we scored the 2nd highest run total in the National League.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can't tell you how disappointed I am with this team. Yeah its early, but I am ALMOST to that point of hitting the panic button. This team just lacks continuity on multiple fronts . Miller has looked like crap and then leaves in the 1st inning, Greinke bounced back in his third start but doesn't even look a fraction of the pitcher he was last year, our offense is stagnant as well. Paul really needs to get going and try and carry this team.

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I can't tell you how disappointed I am with this team. Yeah its early, but I am ALMOST to that point of hitting the panic button. This team just lacks continuity on multiple fronts . Miller has looked like crap and then leaves in the 1st inning, Greinke bounced back in his third start but doesn't even look a fraction of the pitcher he was last year, our offense is stagnant as well. Paul really needs to get going and try and carry this team.

I'm almost at panic level, but exactly for the reasons you mention. Miller was actually pitching very well last night before he bounced his hand on the mound... Never seen that before. Very strange but no doubt due to his bizarre motion. Greinke pitched very well Friday night. It would be stupid to expect him to put up another season like he had last year... But, he can be and will be much better than he's been thus far.
The issue that continues to haunt this team is one of chemistry and continuity. We just don't seem to have the ability to get contribution from key players at key moments. Last night, our pitching was damn good and what happens, we can't hit. Really our offense has sucked since game 1. The mood of the team seems oddly down as well. I mean, other than Ahmed and Perralta, I never see any of the guys getting excited. Lamb looks like he needs the paddles to his chest most of the time. Tomas always looks like he doesn't want to be there... Brito is showing clear rookie signs and mistakes at the plate and in the field... And of course, Goldy is in full slump mode...
Major, major, major bummer...

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'll be at petco for the game this afternoon rooting for the snakes. Maybe that'll squeeze a win for Corbin and the boys?

Moved to Escondido from Phoenix last summer:)

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And last year we scored the 2nd highest run total in the National League.

On lots of career years. I also recall our clutch stats being very high last year.

Regression was expected. Not saying we will be pathetic offensively, just not going to repeat that performance.

Last edited:

Avondale Red Rage

Just wondering...
Reaction score
Dr. Evil has swiped the mojo...definitely something missing with this group. As impressed as I've been with the make-up of staff & front office, curious if maybe the harmony between hall of famers with rings, and expectations of a very young team are slow to get on the same page?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort