Daredevil (Netflix)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yep. I mean, they could have offed him and then had sis take over, which is what I thought was going to happen. But man, the direction they went...blech!
It's a shame because I really like the character of Luke Cage.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't get why they decided to get rid of a good villain in the middle of the series and replace him with such an awful one. Horrible miscalculation. If they would have kept him through the whole season, I think a lot of opinions about that show would have changed.
Agree

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Canceled by Netflix. What a shame. Really enjoyed it, more so than the other marvel series. There are rumblings it might get picked up as part of Disney’s streaming service. Even Netflix, in its starement, stated that it would live on in future projects for Marvel.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Canceled by Netflix. What a shame. Really enjoyed it, more so than the other marvel series. There are rumblings it might get picked up as part of Disney’s streaming service. Even Netflix, in its starement, stated that it would live on in future projects for Marvel.

Yep, they're just going to kill them all, and it's a crying shame. Anyone think they'll be as violent, dark, and gritty on Disney? Yeah, didn't think so :(

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are all on the way out. Marvel TV and Netflix reportedly are not getting along. They have been fighting over the length of the shows seasons. Evidently, that's what led to Lucas Cage getting canned and now Daredevil in combination of the cost of production.

It sucks! Expecting announcements for Jessica Jones and Punisher next. I am hoping Disney streaming does something with these properties.

Stout

Reaction score
They are all on the way out. Marvel TV and Netflix reportedly are not getting along. They have been fighting over the length of the shows seasons. Evidently, that's what led to Lucas Cage getting canned and now Daredevil in combination of the cost of production.

It sucks! Expecting announcements for Jessica Jones and Punisher next. I am hoping Disney streaming does something with these properties.

I will be SUPER pissed if we don't get another season of each, at least.

Town Drunk

Reaction score
I will be SUPER pissed if we don't get another season of each, at least.

We should get them but they’ll probably be the last. JJ is currently filming and Punisher is in post production.

Town Drunk

Reaction score
I'd say last season was great for everything but the titular character.

I'm pissed at Netflix, but at Disney more. And I can't do without Netflix :)

That prison fight scene was pretty awesome. One camera, one take I believe I read.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The press release from Netflix:

We are tremendously proud of the show’s last and final season and although it’s painful for the fans, we feel it best to close this chapter on a high note. We’re thankful to our partners at Marvel, showrunner Erik Oleson, the show’s writers, stellar crew and incredible cast including Charlie Cox as Daredevil himself, and we’re grateful to the fans who have supported the show over the years…While the series on Netflix has ended, the three existing seasons will remain on the service for years to come, while the Daredevil character will live on in future projects for Marvel.

If they were smart, they'd just carry on the show and release it on their own streaming network with the same cast and crew (if possible). Similar to a different network picking up and reviving a canceled show.

I really wish we'd stop seeing all of these individual streaming services and instead more continued partnerships with studios/properties and Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon. We do not need every studio developing and putting out their own pay-for-product streaming service, IMHO.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Makes perfect sense if the rumors are true that Avengers are done with Endgame. The next gen of heroes will be led by Daredevil, Black Panther and Captain Marvel.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes perfect sense if the rumors are true that Avengers are done with Endgame. The next gen of heroes will be led by Daredevil, Black Panther and Captain Marvel.

I'm guessing that in addition to the Panther and Captain Marvel, the other new avengers leading the way will be guys like Spiderman and Doc Strange who already have mass movie appeal before they elevate Daredevil from TV to the big leagues. Wouldn't surprise me if he was one of the fringe pieces of a new Avengers team, but not so much one of the leaders, so to speak. And I'm guessing not all the Avengers go bye bye in the next one. I bet one of Hulk/Thor will still be around.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that in addition to the Panther and Captain Marvel, the other new avengers leading the way will be guys like Spiderman and Doc Strange who already have mass movie appeal before they elevate Daredevil from TV to the big leagues. Wouldn't surprise me if he was one of the fringe pieces of a new Avengers team, but not so much one of the leaders, so to speak. And I'm guessing not all the Avengers go bye bye in the next one. I bet one of Hulk/Thor will still be around.

Yeah, I highly doubt the Avengers are going anywhere. They have had well over 125 members on the team or various side teams during their 55 year run in comics. The team will continue but the members will change going forward.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The list of possible Avengers is massive. Plus if it follows the comics even loosely, Avengers come and go and the next generation steps in. I think you will have a set of "transition" characters that will attempt to hand things over so Disney can milk that cow a bit longer or until audience tire of hero flicks.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really wish we'd stop seeing all of these individual streaming services and instead more continued partnerships with studios/properties and Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon. We do not need every studio developing and putting out their own pay-for-product streaming service, IMHO.

capitalism's a bitch.

Stout

Reaction score
capitalism's a bitch.

It's a mistake, because of capitalism. Okay, Disney can probably pull it off, but it seems like every station and their mother thinks they'll be able to launch a successful streaming service, and it's just not going to work out. It'll reach a breaking point because, if we think cable's expensive now, it'll get to the point where you'll need to outlay 500 bucks or more to watch what you want a month, and that's not going to happen. Currently, most people need:

A)Cable or something close to it, which is expensive, if you're a sports watcher
B)Amazon Prime
C)Netflix
D)Hulu (I don't have it, but many do)

Now add hundreds of streaming services at 5 or 10 bucks a month on top of that for individual stations for "exclusive" content. Yeah, no. It won't happen.

Network/station "exclusive" stations are a greed too far, IMO.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It's a mistake, because of capitalism. Okay, Disney can probably pull it off, but it seems like every station and their mother thinks they'll be able to launch a successful streaming service, and it's just not going to work out. It'll reach a breaking point because, if we think cable's expensive now, it'll get to the point where you'll need to outlay 500 bucks or more to watch what you want a month, and that's not going to happen. Currently, most people need:

A)Cable or something close to it, which is expensive, if you're a sports watcher
B)Amazon Prime
C)Netflix
D)Hulu (I don't have it, but many do)

Now add hundreds of streaming services at 5 or 10 bucks a month on top of that for individual stations for "exclusive" content. Yeah, no. It won't happen.

Network/station "exclusive" stations are a greed too far, IMO.

a jailbreak firestick gets you a lot of television

Stout

Reaction score

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a disingenuous title; they only said Cox would play Daredevil should the character appear again.

That said, I think they are bringing Daredevil back.
The latest rumors suggest "Matt Murdock" will appear not Daredevil. I agree though, he comes back. Feige has also reportedly said he wants Kyrsten Ritter as Jessica Jones and Mike Colter as Luke Cage. My guess in similar capacity roles in the MCU.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson