Dansby says Pats cheated in 2008 game vs Cards

Austin Zonie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ects-foul-play-from-2008-game-in-new-england/

In 2008, Dansby’s Cardinals faced the Patriots in New England during Week 16 of the 2008 season. The Patriots needed a win to keep their postseason hopes alive. And Dansby said the coach-to-headset communication system, which was first implemented by the NFL in 2008, didn’t function at Gillette Stadium during that snowy day in December.

“My headset was working fine, every game,” Dansby said. “Until the very last game of the year. We get in Foxboro, they couldn’t get my headset fixed, for nothing in the world.”

I hadn't heard of this issue during the game/season, but it's an interesting read. Not sure it would have made a difference for that game though!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol... they're cheaters, but that game was over before it even started. We could have had their playbook and still lost by a bajillion.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only bright spot was the 78-yard TD from Leinart to Fitz.

Kurt Warner: 6 of 18 for 30 yards. :eek:

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
lol... they're cheaters, but that game was over before it even started. We could have had their playbook and still lost by a bajillion.

Yep. We could have wrapped the Cheaters in Saran Wrap and the Cards still would have lost that game.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
So with properly inflated balls (tee hee - you just can't say that with a straight face) it would have only been like 40-7?

Just looked up the box score.. we were down 44-0 after 3 quarters in that game!

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There is no way we were winning that game, and we didn't even care to try. Things worked out OK for us anyways.

That being said, it isn't like the Patriots needed to deflate balls or tape practices to win anyways. That's what makes it so disgusting. I wouldn't be surprised if more and more little things like this started coming out of the woodwork.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I'm sure the lack of headset activity is what caused our players to have poor footing, dropped balls and missed tackles. That game was horrendous, eclipsed only by our 58-0 beat down, at least in the stadium era

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
That game kept me riding the Matt Leinart bandwagon for a good 2-3 games after that. And then we went to the Super Bowl :)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, Karlos - don't you have some money to go count or something? :shrug:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
All these players coming out now trying to pile on the pats is just stupid. AJ Feely and Dansby trying to act like they've known all along, if they were cheating to such an extreme, then you shoulda said something a long time ago. Piling on now is weak IMO.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
All these players coming out now trying to pile on the pats is just stupid. AJ Feely and Dansby trying to act like they've known all along, if they were cheating to such an extreme, then you shoulda said something a long time ago. Piling on now is weak IMO.

OMG, a moment of truth.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The only thing deflated in that game was our soul

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Yeah, it's pretty petty on their part to take advantage of the situation for 15 minutes of exposure.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The lasting image of that game to me was Leinart saying something to the coaches and Todd Haley looking at Whis and rolling his eyes.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Pats probably did cheat, but Cards couldn't have won if they could have listened to the Pats head sets. They were out matched from the get go.

Brady will always be a cheater in my mind...but that and a dollar will get you a McChicken sandwich.

My favorite Pats game was a few years ago when the Cards came back on them to win in Foxboro. That game was awesome!!! I was in Vegas and everyone in the sports book threw their parlay tickets to the floor...I went and cashed mine in.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pats probably did cheat, but Cards couldn't have won if they could have listened to the Pats head sets. They were out matched from the get go.

Brady will always be a cheater in my mind...but that and a dollar will get you a McChicken sandwich.

My favorite Pats game was a few years ago when the Cards came back on them to win in Foxboro. That game was awesome!!! I was in Vegas and everyone in the sports book threw their parlay tickets to the floor...I went and cashed mine in.

Agreed. What a great visual of those parlay tickets hitting the floor and the Cards were the reason why.

I think los is a bit goofy with his comments but I feel zero sympathy for the Pats. If you don't want people taking pot shots at you then don't CHEAT at what appears to be a non stop pace.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn