Dan Quinn

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
No question Quinn would have our defence in the top 10. But what is the plan for the offence?
The best coaches minus Reich are on D so it would have to be assembled. Doesn't make you feel real confident does it..

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah stationed at RAF Mildenhall and lived on RAF Lakenheath. Loved it there!

The only Korean food for about 100 miles is out that way. Might not have been there when you was around.

It is a nice area to live. I'm originally from Manchester, which is cool, but I much prefer it here.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The only Korean food for about 100 miles is out that way. Might not have been there when you was around.

It is a nice area to live. I'm originally from Manchester, which is cool, but I much prefer it here.
I got to spend a week training over at RAF Molesworth and I stayed over in Alconbury. I was stationed over in Germany at the time, and loved my short trip to England. Such a beautiful little country.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah stationed at RAF Mildenhall and lived on RAF Lakenheath. Loved it there!
I visited RAF Mildenhall when I was a young Airman. Being cheap, I canceled my club card. Figured I was on leave for a month, why pay the membership fees. Boy was I wrong. Went by there one night and all these beautiful women needing someone to sign them in. But, my cheap butt couldn't, not being a member. If I was a member, I would think my children would have British accents lol.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Looks like Dan Quinn prefers Darrell Bevell as his OC. Not sure how everyone would feel about that but reading in between the lines he is from Arizona.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I visited RAF Mildenhall when I was a young Airman. Being cheap, I canceled my club card. Figured I was on leave for a month, why pay the membership fees. Boy was I wrong. Went by there one night and all these beautiful women needing someone to sign them in. But, my cheap butt couldn't, not being a member. If I was a member, I would think my children would have British accents lol.
I was stationed there post 9/11 but I did hear the stories!

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess that makes sense. Seahawk fans couldn't wait to get rid of him.

He has had some success though.

Bevell did a great job this year with helping to fix Tua and turning around miami's offense as their quarterbacks/passing game coordinator. He did it with two shorter 5'10" WRs as the primary targets in Hill and Waddle who both run 4.3 40s.

Hmmm. Might be a good fit with the Cards...

Interesting nugget from McDaniel regarding Bevell's work on fixing Tua:

While McDaniel has been a revelation while directing the offense, he's also been personable in the locker room and on the sidelines. The Dolphins head coach showed his humorous side during Sunday's blowout win over the Houston Texans, at the expense of franchise quarterback Tua Tagovailoa,

McDaniel got Tagovailoa laughing when he dropped a nugget about his high school highlight reel. Paramount+'s Inside The NFL got the exchange between the quarterback and head coach, which caused Tagovailoa to just walk away with laughter.

"I was thinking about when you randomly hit me up that you were YouTubing me. And so I YouTubed you and saw this Trent Dilfer thing showing all this high school s--- from you. Bro, your technique was trash! Thank God for Bev (Dolphins offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell)."

... Whatever issues Tagovailoa had with his mechanics, McDaniel and company clearly have fixed them.

If he can fix Tua maybe he can fix Murray and install a similar offense that uses Hollywood and Rondale like they used Waddle and Hill in Miami.

I would be down with Quinn as HC and Bevell as OC.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I got to spend a week training over at RAF Molesworth and I stayed over in Alconbury. I was stationed over in Germany at the time, and loved my short trip to England. Such a beautiful little country.

Yeah I find it hard to comprehend living in the USA. My folks like 3.5 hours away and thats a rare trek across half the country. For you guys it's like a shopping trip.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like Dan Quinn prefers Darrell Bevell as his OC. Not sure how everyone would feel about that but reading in between the lines he is from Arizona.

Bevell had a top 5 offense for 5 years in a row with a 5' 10" QB. I don't think he'd be a bad choice.

He's also a guy that's not going to get hired away as a HC. That ship has sailed for him and he's not viewed as a viable HC guy. So no worries about losing him if he works out.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah I find it hard to comprehend living in the USA. My folks like 3.5 hours away and thats a rare trek across half the country. For you guys it's like a shopping trip.
Phoenix is further than that from Los Angeles. And I'm driving 85 mph almost the whole way.
Driving from LA to Phoenix takes over 5 hours.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Here's an example of distance here: 5,525 miles (8,891 kilometres) is the length of the border between Canada and the U.S.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Bevell had a top 5 offense for 5 years in a row with a 5' 10" QB. I don't think he'd be a bad choice.

He's also a guy that's not going to get hired away as a HC. That ship has sailed for him and he's not viewed as a viable HC guy. So no worries about losing him if he works out.
Bevell sucks. There is a reason he was let go. This is why guys with defensive backgrounds are tough. Dude has been fired 4 times as an OC...why would we think this is a good option when the Vikings, Seahawks, Lions and Jags didn't after they saw him in the role?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bevell sucks. There is a reason he was let go. This is why guys with defensive backgrounds are tough. Dude has been fired 4 times as an OC...why would we think this is a good option when the Vikings, Seahawks, Lions and Jags didn't after they saw him in the role?

He wasn't fired by the Vikings. Brad Childress was fired and his staff were let go. He wasn't fired by the Lions, Matt Patricia was. He wasn't fired by the Jags. Urban Meyer was.

The only time he's been fired is by the Seahawks. After going to two Superbowls, winning one and having a top 5 offense 5 years in a row. Even the year he was fired the Seahawks offense was top 15 and 14th by DVOA.

Up until 2018 he had a 114 - 77 record while an OC. Granted that's been crapped on a bit after 3 years at the Lions and Jags.

He wouldn't be my first choice but you don't OC 225 games if you suck, and as I said, he has experience working with short QB's and having success.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
The thing I worry about is all the passes behind the LOS. We just kind of escaped that...I like SP or Reich better.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Dan Quinn will be traveling Saturday. To Indy for a second interview. Or to AZ for the introductory presser. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose