Dallas or Philly?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Anytime Dallas gets knocked out of the playoffs it's a good thing .

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as long as ONE of them wins, I don't care.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm impressed with how well the Eagles are doing against Murray.

long_season

Veteran
Reaction score
needed dallas to win

they are going to lose at home to luck next week (they suck at home).....eagles play @ was and @ giants - both wins.

neither of these NFC east teams scare me at home. Actually dallas does play better on the road - but still romo will lose it somehow - he cant win playoff games

only team that scares me in NFC is Green bay - MUST play them in our house.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
they are going to lose at home to luck next week (they suck at home).....eagles play @ was and @ giants - both wins.

neither of these NFC east teams scare me at home. Actually dallas does play better on the road - but still romo will lose it somehow - he cant win playoff games

Yep. We simply cannot win @ GB or SEA with a below-average QB. At home we have a chance.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score

Sit and think for a minute about how good the Cardinals would be with Romo. Why? Because they're not a circus and he wouldn't have to carry them every season.

Old, tired argument.

long_season

Veteran
Reaction score
hmmm.

carrying a team doesn't make you fubar a field goal hold. That is just a pure choke.

just watched romo's post game interview and re-affirmed I don't like him. read plenty of stuff that he is a nice guy - pulls over and helps little old ladies, etc..; his demeanor sucks. Dez sounded like an 8th grader but at least he was respectful. Romo was terse - and arrogant.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
The field goal hold? Really?

Romo gets a lot of crap simply because he is the QB of the Dallas Cowboys. Everyone loves to hate the Cowboys. He has consistently been one of the better QB's in the league and they have FINALLY surrounded him with a decent line and running game.

He has had to carry that circus of a franchise on his back for all these years. It's a shame that their defense sucks as much as it does though. It's not nearly good enough to make any sort of real run IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The field goal hold? Really?

Romo gets a lot of crap simply because he is the QB of the Dallas Cowboys. Everyone loves to hate the Cowboys. He has consistently been one of the better QB's in the league and they have FINALLY surrounded him with a decent line and running game.

He has had to carry that circus of a franchise on his back for all these years. It's a shame that their defense sucks as much as it does though. It's not nearly good enough to make any sort of real run IMO.

agreed. the guy is a solid QB. definitely somewhat of a choke-artist, but he's pretty much been the only reason they've won the games the last five years until this year.

for all his faults, he's gone to and won more playoff games then Palmer... a whopping number of 1. But still, better then Carson, who's a solid QB as well.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
agreed. the guy is a solid QB. definitely somewhat of a choke-artist, but he's pretty much been the only reason they've won the games the last five years until this year.

for all his faults, he's gone to and won more playoff games then Palmer... a whopping number of 1. But still, better then Carson, who's a solid QB as well.
if romo did this for say houston...he'd be close to the hall of fame. see warren moon. and I know moon at least made the playoffs alot he just didn't win as much as people realize it when you look back. and they had several meltdowns in the playoffs against lesser teams.

He takes a lot of flack from fans that hate dallas.. some of them understandably are just tired of hearing about dallas and here you have this QB with great stats and all these prime time regular season slots but only has one playoff win...but there are some others don't realize how good romo really is. and he takes even more flack from cowboys fans because they are spoiled brats that don't remember what it is like to have quincy and expect everyone to be troy aikman or roger staubach and that's not fair. I've undersold tony romo many times myself. I've overrated him at times too early on.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score

In a weird way i'd rather dallas play on the road. they look completely different because their style on offense travels well. But usually good teams find a way to win at home late and in the playoffs and if dallas is worthy of a playoff spot they will have to beat indy at home. I think it would be a closer matchup for dallas vs. AZ if they have romo than weeden. not to take away from anything because yall have the better team overall.

Last edited: