DA QB Rating

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Better than the 53.0 that Bradford had.

DA kicked butt on paper. You couldn't tell by watching the game though...

seesred

Reaction score
Things will get better. It looked bad at times and then they run the ball 80 yards for a TD. DA looked bad at times and then he drove them 3x down inside the 10 only to see mistakes happen. It will get better.

GBR

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I will give him a rating of pure enigma. He got the job done. The team got the job done.
I thought for sure his first game would make him or break him. It did neither. DAylight or DArkside, I don't know. But we are 1-0.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score

Nothing on you Nidan but I have never really understood that saying. Like winning means everything was perfect and you don't have anything to improve on. Like no one deserves to be critiqued because they won. Like all 53 players and coaches on the roster played well. Like nothing needs to be fixed for the next game. Everyone can stay home throughout the week, no need for practice to fix stuff, because "we won".

Keith didnt block well, but we won.
Hightower had fumbles, but we won.
Komar had fumbles, but we won.

Should those guys not get critiqued either because "we won".

If you are not trying to get better you are standing still and not moving forward, and trying to get better starts with finding and admitting faults doesn't it?

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Nothing on you Nidan but I have never really understood that saying. Like winning means everything was perfect and you don't have anything to improve on. Like no one deserves to be critiqued because they won. Like all 53 players and coaches on the roster played well. Like nothing needs to be fixed for the next game. Everyone can stay home throughout the week, no need for practice to fix stuff, because "we won".

If you are not trying to get better you are standing still and not moving forward, and trying to get better starts with finding and admitting faults doesn't it?

Not to mention that we were two Steve Breaston tackles and a Bartell dropped INT away from losing by 14+ points. We were very lucky to get that W and improvemnts need to be made in many areas.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the simplicity in this statement is just stupid Nidan, unless you're trying to convey to us that people should only talk about negatives on the field when we lose.

Good grief man... I thought DA was solid in the first and fourth quarters and AWFUL in between. The QB rating doesn't show what he looked like on the whole. That being said, I don't think he was atrocious... but I also don't think that just because "we won" he's above deserved criticism.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to Sando its 85.1

Not stellar but not terrible either

and I think our COACH said it best when answering questions as to why our starting QB with a QB rating of over 100 was demoted only weeks ago (which I agreed with)... it ain't all about stats.

I've never been a big fan of the QB rating.

OP
OP
N

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the simplicity in this statement is just stupid Nidan, unless you're trying to convey to us that people should only talk about negatives on the field when we lose.

Good grief man... I thought DA was solid in the first and fourth quarters and AWFUL in between. The QB rating doesn't show what he looked like on the whole. That being said, I don't think he was atrocious... but I also don't think that just because "we won" he's above deserved criticism.

My point is .. the sky isn't falling.

DA did ok, not great not bad. Its clear that there was a problem getting to Fitz, which suggests to me that the issue was Larry's health not DA as he had no problems with Breaston

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and I think our COACH said it best when answering questions as to why our starting QB with a QB rating of over 100 was demoted only weeks ago (which I agreed with)... it ain't all about stats.

I've never been a big fan of the QB rating.

I was a Leinart backer and I think there was no way he could have taken the beating DA did yesterday and survive to win the game..jmho

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
I agree, Fitz being hampered had a huge effect on our offense and even with DA being innaccurate Fitz usually catches some of those passes. Circus catches but catches none the less. I refuse to whine about a win because it wasn't pretty. I have seen to many ugly losses on the road and at home to do that. I will take 15 more ugly wins.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
According to Sando its 85.1

Not stellar but not terrible either

Good for you Nidan, --- you get it. We got some very ugly, BUT ALSO VERY GUTSY performances from a lot of people wearing RED yesterday. I don't understand why so many of you are willing ONLY to acknowlege the obviously bad things that occurred, when there were equally as many good things that happened because our guys HAD NO QUIT IN THEM, AND THAT INCLUDES ANDERSON.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
My point is .. the sky isn't falling.

DA did ok, not great not bad. Its clear that there was a problem getting to Fitz, which suggests to me that the issue was Larry's health not DA as he had no problems with Breaston

Larry was fine until he tweaked the knee late in the game. Didn't look slow, didn't look hobbled.

It's just that Anderson can't put passes where they need to be. If you're 5% off on a 12-yard pass, that's still catchable because it's not even 2 feet off the mark (and this is where he was early in the game when his WRs were contorting themselves and having to stop routes to go and get the ball). When you're 5% off on a 35-yard route you're nearly two yards out-of-sync. That's not catchable anymore, even for Larry Fitzgerald.

The biggest difference that I saw between Anderson and #7 or Warner was that the old QBs were more often able to put the ball in a position where the receiver would be able to pluck it out of the air and keep running. I wouldn't be surprised to see our YAC average go way, way down this season. Guys weer having to adjust to the ball all day long, and you don't see that from most even-average NFL QBs.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a Leinart backer and I think there was no way he could have taken the beating DA did yesterday and survive to win the game..jmho

That was the biggest thing that impressed me with DA. The guy kept taking hit after hit and he never gave up.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Larry was fine until he tweaked the knee late in the game. Didn't look slow, didn't look hobbled.

It's just that Anderson can't put passes where they need to be. If you're 5% off on a 12-yard pass, that's still catchable because it's not even 2 feet off the mark (and this is where he was early in the game when his WRs were contorting themselves and having to stop routes to go and get the ball). When you're 5% off on a 35-yard route you're nearly two yards out-of-sync. That's not catchable anymore, even for Larry Fitzgerald.

The biggest difference that I saw between Anderson and #7 or Warner was that the old QBs were more often able to put the ball in a position where the receiver would be able to pluck it out of the air and keep running. I wouldn't be surprised to see our YAC average go way, way down this season. Guys weer having to adjust to the ball all day long, and you don't see that from most even-average NFL QBs.

It was consistancy for DA. For every perfect dart he threw, there were two horribly thrown passes. It's just something we will have to live with as long as he is our starter.

wilycoyote24

All Star
Reaction score

If we go 16-0, I don't care if Timmy fumbles 14 times per game or Keith just sits down at the snap.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.

Just want to add DA had 6 "PASSES" over 20 yards completed as only (1) other NFL Quarterback had that many yesterday.He was'nt just dinking and dunking.This is I'm sure what coach Whiz was looking for in a qb this season.Just needs to be more consistent and not as streaky while absorbing those hits as Kurt did for 3 years here in Phoenix.

Kurt was'nt able to make those longer throws last year with his shoulder.Only the Bronco's QB had a tie with 6 20 yard passes yesterday as they were playing catchup with the Jags all day.I think once we get young WR Williams who flashed in Pre-season in the mix we will be asking Early who?We are gonna need to stretch the field with more than the Howler.

Get well Beanie,Gerald Hayes,Schofield,Early Doucet,BIG LARRY,and maybe Gabe Watson's knee or get gabe activated next week to stop that falcon (bowling ball) RB.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was horrible in the 3rd quarter but pretty damn good in the 4th. I liked that about him. He played better when we were behind and the pressure was on.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Better than the 53.0 that Bradford had.

DA kicked butt on paper. You couldn't tell by watching the game though...

The only difference between the perceptions of how Bradford and Andersaon played yesterday, were the expectations that the fans had of each QB. It is clear that Bradford exceeded the expectations of those watching his play, while Anderson fell far short of what the viewers expected of him. Clearly Anderson had the better game, yet most viewers would have given that edge to Bradford.

The numbers don't lie, despite what the work looked like. 22 of 41, with 1 TD and no ints. AND A WIN with a QB rating of 85, is far better than 32 of 55, no TD's, and 3 ints, with a QB rating of 53 in a LOSS. Most of the fans futility was felt in the 11 failed timing route attemts to Fitzgerald, which were almost certainly doomed to fail.

southern card

Reaction score
As I see the other games around the league it is quite apparent the defense is ahead of the offence at this point. Living in the New Orleans area they scored on the first drive of the game and took the next 3 ad half quarters off but still won the game. That is 14 points for the best offense in the league. I really fel things will come together and our offense will be fine. Coach Whis has made his choice and I am sure he has earned our trust. i still believe we will win 11 to 12 games this year and laugh at the total ineptitude of the vaunted 49ers. glad we are not them today.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As I see the other games around the league it is quite apparent the defense is ahead of the offense at this point.
+1 and well said.

However, while all offenses struggled, the Cardinals had a very specific cause.

Anderson's lack of accuracy will most likely ending up costing the team a few games.

Not a single pass, but a dry spell like the one he ran into after starting the Rams game under control.

He's a tough guy and a gamer, but which of his qualities is likely to be his defining one?

I hope it's the latter, but I have concerns.

OP
OP
N

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ok then why was he hitting Breaston just fine ?

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I thought Anderson played well. Let the guy have a few moments to breath before laying into him. He was extremely tough out there this week. He took a nasty beating and kept his foot on the gas. Very difficult to keep stepping up in the pocket like that after taking hits like that. Showed a ton of heart, reminded me of Kurt Warner or Jim Kelly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard