D-Hop leg injury **Update** Expected to miss remainder of reg season

mncardfan1

Reaction score
How was Fitz leadership helping during our late season collapse last year as he looked like a corpse running through the secondary?
I believe he was out for the last 2 or 3 games, was he not?

Fitz can still play, those saying otherwise are wrong IMO. His play is different, for sure. He has to catch contested balls because separation is not his strong suit at his age. But, I believe he can still do that with those hands. We need a QB willing to throw into those contested areas. Last year, I'm not sure Kyler wanted to do that, this year I think he would.

Wesley is decent and it's not about one or the other, it could be situational. Do we need 3-5 yards or 15 yards?

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for Fitz to return. Let him contribute to a potential SB run!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This is not me advocating, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Mikey has talked with Fitz about a contingency if Hop were out for the season

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SI's report says it has not been determined yet if Hop needs surgery. Which is weird if they're saying they think he'll be back for the playoffs.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let hop rest than come back and get revenge on stupid lambs in postseason!!! Ughhhh freakin inj

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What was so crazy is that he almost caught the ball on the play that he got hurt on. Vs. two defenders draped all over him. It barely wiggled out of his hands as they went to the ground. It was almost a miracle.
Yeah saw that. He had to take it away from the defender which he almost did.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
7 YPC and 1TD is all that needs to be said. He is a literal shell of himself and the whole “leadership” is so overstated.
How was Fitz leadership helping during our late season collapse last year as he looked like a corpse running through the secondary?
But you don't need Fitz to do anything more than get 5 yd upfield sit in a pocket and draw a defender to cover him opening up more space for a back out of the backfield or a tight end coming across. He would likely not draw a cornerback in coverage, but a linebacker or safety would peel off for him. He would just be a move the chains guy, kind of like how the raiders used Todd Christianson the last few years of his career.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let isabella have 1 more shot to prove he can play give him chances now!!! Just soooo want to see him play more

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
But you don't need Fitz to do anything more than get 5 yd upfield sit in a pocket and draw a defender to cover him opening up more space for a back out of the backfield or a tight end coming across. He would likely not draw a cornerback in coverage, but a linebacker or safety would peel off for him. He would just be a move the chains guy, kind of like how the raiders used Todd Christianson the last few years of his career.
This all day .

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think the fact that Fitz can really only play in the slot...and we have 2 guys in Kirk and Moore that are better options in the slot make it very unlikely Fitz comes back. Had we not traded for Ertz...and needed a quasi TE to block, he would have a shot...but I just don't see the fit right now.

Wesley showed enough to play. Isabella is supposed to be at his best on the outside, and Kirk can play outside, even if he's not as effective there. We have enough to finish the regular season without Hop...but we really need both Hop and JJ Watt back for the playoffs if we expect to make a real run.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
6 weeks is the 29th of Jan. The NFC Championship is the 30th. Super Bowl is 2/6.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It just keeps getting worse.

Sucks. I was hoping the 2nd opinion was on how long he needed to sit not if he needed surgery or not.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the dream scenario is we somehow get to the SB without him and then get him and Watt back for the SB and win it.

I didn't think we would win it this year anways I think it's 1 year too early in Kyler's growth curve, but this makes it MUCH harder.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard