Cuts/trades/waivers 2017

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am hoping/expecting to see two RB sets with DJ and AE BOTH running patterns. who do you cover? One of the WR? the TEs? both RBs?

Would love that, but BA never does that.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I'm amazed they got a pick for Bergstrom. He had a terrible preseason, though oddly some on the board liked him. Johnson had no burst. Penny at least helps in short yardage and goal line plays. Ellington shouldn't sign any long term leases. When TJ gets back, Ellington figure she to be gone.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Penny at least helps in short yardage and goal line plays.

CJ is gone, my statement has nothing to do with that.

But, what makes anyone believe what you type above. I didn't see anything that showed that guy can do anything with short yardage.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't like this move. AE sucks, Penny sucks and KW suck. SMH if true.
However last couple of season Johnson has been made of glass as he can't stay healthy. Need a backup who can play more than 4 games. Johnson has played in 15 games over 2 seasons. Can't afford that. Someone will end up on the scrap heap.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did read BA said that Penny can be used like a fullback. Could be effective around the goal line.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I specifically noticed good special teams play from Penny. I'm not surprised he made the roster after last seasons debacle.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I specifically noticed good special teams play from Penny. I'm not surprised he made the roster after last seasons debacle.

I think Penny leaves a lot to be desired as a back with no acceleration or moves but if he can play special teams well, I will take anything we can get after last season's debacle... guess he will be like our modern day Ron Wolfley, minus the loud mouth :)

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

WR Aaron Dobson

LittleDavis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
However last couple of season Johnson has been made of glass as he can't stay healthy. Need a backup who can play more than 4 games. Johnson has played in 15 games over 2 seasons. Can't afford that. Someone will end up on the scrap heap.
Last season, yes. He was leading the league in rushing the prior year.

LittleDavis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't like that we cut CJ. I would cancel my Sunday ticket if we cut him and we were left watching KW, AE and Penny. Luckily we have DJ. I am still excited for the season.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess I wasn't watching the same games as you guys, cause outside of the Atlanta game(not counting the fumbles), CJ looked really washed up.

I'm much more comfortable with Kerwynn being RB2 until TJ Logan returns from injury. Ellington on the other hand? No.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't like that we cut CJ. I would cancel my Sunday ticket if we cut him and we were left watching KW, AE and Penny. Luckily we have DJ. I am still excited for the season.

I wanted to bring back CJ more than anyone, but he looked disinterested and slow on the field during the preseason. I bet he has an extra gear, but he didn't bother using it.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. But Johnson is not the only back in the league that can do that. One would hope this farce that E. Penny is a NFL talent is just a place holder for another vet to be brought in.

I know that myself and others said a name like Matt Forte, but Forte is not a special teamer.
Did Penny kick your dog or something? I reviewed the footage. He did everything expected of him. Those expectations may be limited (i.e. he's not going to beat you outside the tackles). But he's being asked to pick up short inside yardage and is reliably hitting the holes his blockers open up for him. If you're looking for home run potential, we've got three other guys who can do that (DJ, KW and AE). But if you want someone who can drain time off the clock or pick up a 1-yd 1st down or TD, Penny fits the bill.

Granted - the Cards might feel that someone like Ridley might help us more than Penny enough to pick him up - but the vitrial aimed at Penny on this board (coupled with "we definitely know" certitude) seems a bit over the top.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson