Cut Mcfadden before he gets on the plane back.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If by "cut", you mean with a Hittori Hanzo, I'm all for it.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not like the guys behind him are any better. Instead of cutting a marginal starter you find a better one and then move him down the depth chart. I'd rather have McFadden as a nickel back than Adams or Brown.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just tell him the plane looks like a football. He won't even look for it.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Sadly another in a long, long line of failed free agent defensive backs.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Toler definitely has much more upside and I like what I have seen a little bit from him. We need pass rushers and at least a solid CB.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
It's not like the guys behind him are any better. Instead of cutting a marginal starter you find a better one and then move him down the depth chart. I'd rather have McFadden as a nickel back than Adams or Brown.

Wise words.

Wise indeed.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping for a corner to fall to us in the draft so McF can play nickel. I thought a front seven guy was a no brainer about a month ago, but I've changed my mind. Adams and Brown have to get off the field next year.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Sadly another in a long, long line of failed free agent defensive backs.

Duckjake good point.........i can`t remember any of the FA DBs doing worth a damn.........Rob Grifrfith.David Macklin,Duane Starks,Matt Darby, Robert Massey a long line of letdowns.:sad:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I agree that we shouldn't be cutting McFadden. If we didn't have so many needs, it would be justified but not this offseason. He does need to be the number 3, and I liked how Toler played today. Maybe he can step up and win a starting spot next year.

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
It doesn't matter who we have in the secondary if we can't get to the QB. Any QB will make completions with the time we are giving them to throw lately. We need a pure pass rusher, plain and simple. With us hurrying QB's well see better secondary play but we need depth there too. McFadden in Pitt was pretty good but he had guys who could get to the QB.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
He is terrible need I say more. Include Urban also.

McFadden has been horrible. What happened to his tackling ? That was the only reason to keep him on the field and now he couldn't tackle my grand mother.

As for Urban ? He sucks. He has always sucked, and will continue to suck. I cannot wait to see him signed with another team. He was the snowball at the top of the hill that started this nightmare game. The defense allowing a TD on the opening drive didn't help but that fumble took us out of our game plan. I hate him so much. Just a complete and utter catalyst towards failure.

Thank goodness Doucet will be taking his place next year. I cannot take any more key 3rd down drops, and fumbles at the worst possible time.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter who we have in the secondary if we can't get to the QB. Any QB will make completions with the time we are giving them to throw lately. We need a pure pass rusher, plain and simple. With us hurrying QB's well see better secondary play but we need depth there too. McFadden in Pitt was pretty good but he had guys who could get to the QB.

We were actually a top five team in sacking the QB. Yes, we need to get better at pressure but the coverage problems HAVE to be addressed.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
We were actually a top five team in sacking the QB. Yes, we need to get better at pressure but the coverage problems HAVE to be addressed.

Agreed on all points.

Okeafor has to go, he is just a phantom out there.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I will personally take Urban to the airport if the Cards need me to. McFadden had one good game all season (Giants). Unacceptable for a guy we spend $10 mil on

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed on all points.

Okeafor has to go, he is just a phantom out there.

Yeah, at least we have potential at the rush positions on board already in Davis and Brown. Other than maybe Toler, it's really thin at CB after DRC.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Coverage & pressure go hand in hand. Little pressure off the edge gives QB's too much time. McFadden wasn't a man to man CB in Pitt so I look for Tolar to be starting next season. We have 2 legit 2 man to man DB's on this roster & that doesnt win in the NFL

LB, LB, LB, LB, DB, DB, DB needs to be the draft priorities this next draft.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard