Curious About Brown

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
What do you think of retaining Brown at $13 mil? Would you extend him with a longer contract?

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Keep both DHop and Brown, but don’t know Browns value. Don’t know anything cap wise either, but lots of teams work the cap out to fit their plans.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Brown is probably going to want a contract extension going into next season. He's going to want top 10 money. I could see him holding out the entire pre season.
He's not worth tag money so worse case is he flys the coop after 2023.
Keim traded away a #1 pick for 2 years and we didn't even get that this year.
Keim is a idiot.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brown is probably going to want a contract extension going into next season. He's going to want top 10 money. I could see him holding out the entire pre season.
Keim is a idiot.
He's certainly going to want to be paid before stepping on the field without Kyler. His value has gone down these last couple of weeks.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think that Harry is saying that Brown’s 2023 cap number is $13 million under the fifth-year option on his rookie deal.

On an extension he’s likely to want 1.5-2x that number. You can extend Hollywood now and get his 2023 number down for more flexibility, and have $25-35 million cap holds once Hop’s contract is up.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If they can't work out a deal based on his NFL productivity, then exercise the fifth year option. So much depends on the coaching situation going forward.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
If they can't work out a deal based on his NFL productivity, then exercise the fifth year option. So much depends on the coaching situation going forward.
They have already exercised his 5th year option...that has to be done before the 4th year kicks in, so Cards did it on April. Now they have a limited time to extend him or let the 5th year play out and then go the tag or walk route.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim is a idiot.

He traded a 1st for 2 years cheap, plus a 3rd round pick and a 3rd round comp pick.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
He traded a 1st for 2 years cheap, plus a 3rd round pick and a 3rd round comp pick.
Instead of having another player under contract for 4 years & possibly 5!!! Exactly why I said on draft day it was a mistake. He’s a solid player nothing more so let’s not kid ourselves. Plus they added another small WR to a small set of them instead of adding size & speed

Dumb trade!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Instead of having another player under contract for 4 years & possibly 5!!! Exactly why I said on draft day it was a mistake. He’s a solid player nothing more so let’s not kid ourselves. Plus they added another small WR to a small set of them instead of adding size & speed

Dumb trade!

Yeah a player who could have sucked.

The final trade value if he walks away would be the equivalent of a high 2nd round pick for 2 years of cheap control of a guy that had 1000 yards+ last year and would have had the same this year if not for injuries.

Kirk is getting paid $18m and we get at least the equivalent player for $9m a year plus a 2nd.

People here moan that Keim's 1st round picks suck and then moan when he trades it away for a known quantity.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t make the same mistake and overpay Brown the same way we did for mediocre starters at RB and TE.

He’s fine. If you can sign him for something reasonable like 13 mill per (which still feels like a lot for what is at best a good number 2) , okay. But he is nowhere close to being worth top 10 money and with a cap soon to be choked by Kyler’s massive deal, we can’t keep eating up massive chunks to guys who don’t perform commensurate to their salaries.

Think long term for once. Learn from your mistakes, even if hurts in the short-term.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

The final trade value if he walks away would be the equivalent of a high 2nd round pick for 2 years of cheap control of a guy that had 1000 yards+ last year and would have had the same this year if not for injuries.

Kirk is getting paid $18m and we get at least the equivalent player for $9m a year plus a 2nd.

People here moan that Keim's 1st round picks suck and then moan when he trades it away for a known quantity.
I guess you can cheer on failure compounded by a related move of slightly less failure. Go keim! Go Brit!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
13 mil??

sign the guy. I would give him 5 years 68mil right now.

a starting caliber nfl wr is gonna cost you 13mil anywhere you go...unless you get really lucky in the draft.
Hollywood is better than "starter"... aint a superstar but he is a really good WR
I don’t know I can call a guy who barely has a single 1,000 season “really good.”

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Brown will make over $13 million next year. How is that a year of cheap control?