Crabtree signed

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How can Cardinals go into regular season with just Fitz and a bunch of wannabe NFL receivers. This move had to be made for a veteran receiver. Fans can question why it has to be Crabtree.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Is Fitz moving back outside in this offense? Is it Fitz and Crabtree on the outside and Kirk and Johnson on the inside? Or will it be Johnson on the outside and Fitz inside?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of Crabtree. I think the Cardinals had bigger issues on the Defensive side of the ball. By signing Crabtree they pretty much burned up all of the remaining cap space for 2019.

What are the Cardinals now going to do regarding depth issues on the DL? CB? ILB?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of Crabtree. I think the Cardinals had bigger issues on the Defensive side of the ball. By signing Crabtree they pretty much burned up all of the remaining cap space for 2019.

What are the Cardinals now going to do regarding depth issues on the DL? CB? ILB?

There isnt much out there, we are pretty much dependent on the waiver wire at this point after all these arrests, suspensions and injuries.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

May seem trite, but finding the money for relatively inexpensive add-ons at this point is relatively easy.

Last edited:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I like the signing. He’ll drop a few but he’ll catch plenty. He’s also a great decoy. Sure I’d have rather have had a solid OT or DT but they are in short supply. Only a trade at this point will get one. For the choices available on the street I think he was the best option.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crabtree and Fitz should easily make 3rd down conversions better. Fitz has always been that guy, but Crabs will take some of that pressure off.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Crabs is itching to help take some of the pressure of Fitz?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Mike Jurecki (@mikejurecki)
8/22/19, 12:16 PM
The addition of WR Michael Crabtree provides the team an “X” receiver and familiarity with the Kingsbury offense. My top 5 Fitz, Kirk, Sherfield/Johnson/Crabtree (last three any in order)

Kingsbury meets with the media at 12:50 #AZCardinals.com

Something very telling to me and what I expected, Kingsberry did not mention Isabella or Butler (being put on IR with a convenient injury to stash his athletic ability so he can develop in hopes of eventually being able to contribute) when talking about our WRs and still think we spent a 2nd round pick way too early for a small school WR who appears to be just a vertical threat and not a complete WR who can be a every down WR currently... said early on Johnson was the best WR we drafted because he can run routes and catch, just like Sherfield have proven to be dependable in a Jaron Brown sort of way

Last edited:

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Something very telling to me and what I expected, Kingsberry did not mention Isabella or Butler (being put on IR with a convenient injury to stash his athletic ability so he can develop in hopes of eventually being able to contribute) when talking about our WRs and still think we spent a 2nd round pick way too early for small school WR who appears to be just a vertical threat and not a complete WR who can be a every down WR currently... said early on Johnson was the best WR we drafted because he can run routes and catch, just like Sherfield have proven to be dependable in a Jaron Brown sort of way

I think Sherfield has much better hands and runs routes better than Jaron. He is going to be good. Honestly he and Fitz and Crabtree should all be really good possession receivers in this system.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Sherfield has much better hands and runs routes better than Jaron. He is going to be good. Honestly he and Fitz and Crabtree should all be really good possession receivers in this system.
I’m with you there, though I think Jaron was better in contested situations.

I wouldn’t be mad at Kirk/KeeSean/Sherfield trio in the future. If Andy pans out, it’ll be that much sweeter.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I’m with you there, though I think Jaron was better in contested situations.

I wouldn’t be mad at Kirk/KeeSean/Sherfield trio in the future. If Andy pans out, it’ll be that much sweeter.

I still think we need that tall explosive legit number one type, which maybe Butler can become... though I know this offensive system does not really rely on that traditional approach

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I spent most of the week away from the debacle that was our national game... come on. I'm not back to start a fight, but the drafting of four receivers in the past two years, with a hall of famer on our team, to warrant the signing of a major veteran? How does this not cause concern?

When our lines need help? And linebackers? And corners? And... everywhere?

This isn't even about the top pick, or our coach anymore. It's about everything else.
I spent most of the week away from the debacle that was our national game... come on. I'm not back to start a fight, but the drafting of four receivers in the past two years, with a hall of famer on our team, to warrant the signing of a major veteran? How does this not cause concern?

When our lines need help? And linebackers? And corners? And... everywhere?

This isn't even about the top pick, or our coach anymore. It's about everything else.
Your reference to our having a HOF receiver on our roster is a little bit of a stretch. (Fitz still seems ageless, but honestly, he's playing the back-nine of his career and he won't be around forever).

Additional word of caution: Just when you think WR is your deepest position is when a rash of injuries turns your strongest roster spot into a steaming pile of manure. Agree or not - a prevailing theory is that you're better off drafting a higher-rated WR than you are loading up on a so-so DL, OL or corner, regardless of need.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Then why bring in Crabtree?

Then why is Keeshawn Johnson the #3 WR?

JJ Nelson had speed, you need more than just speed to be a threat

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy
My opinion obviously, but I think Isabella is gonna shine in this offense & has more than just speed, seems to have really good hands also. JJ Nelson dropped alot of balls at big points in games I thought. KJ is an excellent route runner & that will keep him on the field, seems to catch everything, so far anyways. Isabella getting hurt & missing the game against the Chargers set him back a little, first game he plays, scores on a long TD where he concentrated on making the catch. So far KJ hasn't scored so as we move forward in these last few games, Isabella may play more than KJ? Time will tell. Nothing wrong with bringing in a veteran (MC) that already knows this offense, he can be another coach on the field to help the young WR's out.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I sure hope he fits into our plans, but right now, he's 4th on our depth chart at best. Crabtree isn't coming here to play a backup and special teams role. Sherfield and Keesean Johnson look to have outplayed him.

I'm not saying all is lost for the kid's future or anything, but after investing 4 draft picks in receivers I've the past two years, we shouldn't be needing to sign veterans in their 30s to get the job done.
I understand your point solar 7. MC knows this offense & can help the young WR's. Isabella has talent, lightning speed & great hands. He was behind after missing the game against the Chargers with the injury. Scored on the long TD, showing great concentration on the ball. We need a guy that can take the top off the defense with great hands. Isabella will do alot for this offense with his speed, watch all the ways KK uses him with motion, just to get the defenses confused. Color me excited.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
My opinion obviously, but I think Isabella is gonna shine in this offense & has more than just speed, seems to have really good hands also. JJ Nelson dropped alot of balls at big points in games I thought. KJ is an excellent route runner & that will keep him on the field, seems to catch everything, so far anyways. Isabella getting hurt & missing the game against the Chargers set him back a little, first game he plays, scores on a long TD where he concentrated on making the catch. So far KJ hasn't scored so as we move forward in these last few games, Isabella may play more than KJ? Time will tell. Nothing wrong with bringing in a veteran (MC) that already knows this offense, he can be another coach on the field to help the young WR's out.
I think Isabella had a good sense of tracking the ball and catching it over his shoulder which is why he has been able to showcase his vertical threat ability but coming in he was a body catcher and heard through camp he is still trying to improve on that when running other routes... we do not not need balls popping up and turning into turnovers on slants routes because he does not use his hands properly

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose