Crabtree signed

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I stand firm with my thoughts from the beginning of this thread. This scares me about a ton of wasted picks. Isabella seems to not fit into our plans, Butler to IR, Sherfield on the level of Johnson. If this doesn't make you feel uncomfortable about Keim's plan, I just don't know what to tell ya.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
The history with Crabtree and Sherman should make match ups with the niners that much saltier!

History of Crabtree being the only receiver to consistently humiliate PP21 will make for interesting practices. Crabtree was the only receiver that I can remember who truly had Patrick Peterson’s number in every game they played.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wonder why guys like Crabtree kind of casted off. A couple of years ago he seemed to be the go-to in the raiders offense over Amari Cooper. People assume hes old at 32 yet Antonio Brown just got huge deal and hes 31.

Im sure hes not coming here to be a fourth option. Im guessing he sees himself as the second target or equal with kirk.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I stand firm with my thoughts from the beginning of this thread. This scares me about a ton of wasted picks. Isabella seems to not fit into our plans, Butler to IR, Sherfield on the level of Johnson. If this doesn't make you feel uncomfortable about Keim's plan, I just don't know what to tell ya.
:thumbdown

Negative nelly :shrug:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
:thumbdown

Negative nelly :shrug:
I spent most of the week away from the debacle that was our national game... come on. I'm not back to start a fight, but the drafting of four receivers in the past two years, with a hall of famer on our team, to warrant the signing of a major veteran? How does this not cause concern?

When our lines need help? And linebackers? And corners? And... everywhere?

This isn't even about the top pick, or our coach anymore. It's about everything else.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let's look at his stats. Crabtree caught 60% of his targets in his career. Of his 633 career catches 60% were first down catches. He is #47 in career drop rate among WRs with at least 300 catches with a rate of 5.82% Edelman is just ahead of him with a drop rate of 5.62% He's a decent #3 or #4 option. It does seem that he is a pretty reliable third down option. I'm not jumping up and down over this signing but I am also not poo pooing it either. Looking at who's left out there as a FA, Crabtree isn't such a bad signing.

Well I guess all this doesn't matter now since I see he couldn't agree to a contract.
Yeah, what you said lol, only now we apparently have him the 2nd go round. I know your post was from the 1st try to sign him though. Now SK needs to work the waiver wire for defensive players from now until the cuts are made.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I spent most of the week away from the debacle that was our national game... come on. I'm not back to start a fight, but the drafting of four receivers in the past two years, with a hall of famer on our team, to warrant the signing of a major veteran? How does this not cause concern?

This isn't even about the top pick, or our coach anymore. It's about everything else.
Why do you think Isabella doesn't really fit into our plans? Did I miss something? Kid is lightning fast & will be perfect for this offense on go routes plus his speed will open things up for others.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I hear you solar 7, we need help at all the positions you mentioned for sure, but this can't all be done in one yr. Being as KK is a master playcaller (we shall see in the NFL) the FO seems to want offensive skill position players first, give KK what he needs. Out score teams basically (we shall see on that also). Nothing wrong with signing MC, veteran WR familiar with this offense, it can only help on that side of the ball. They did sign a few players on defense in FA, no way they could foresee what happened with Philon & to Alford. They don't have alot of cap space left, what they do have will be better spent at this point, on aging veterans being cap/camp casualties. They can get those players cheap, add a little depth at a few positions, it's all that can be done at this point. I'd rather have an aging veteran rather than one with an injury history, with SK doing this you never know though lol? He has gotten us some veteran bargains in the past so we shall see?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopefully he’ll end up as a signature Keim Time signing. I don’t think he has much in the tank, but Inthink he couldn’t have been a 1,000 yard receiver last year if his qb wasn’t Lamar Jackson.
Or if he could catch a football.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OK with the signing. Cards have lots of holes to fill; expect them to be busy on waiver wire when cuts start happening.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Why do you think Isabella doesn't really fit into our plans? Did I miss something? Kid is lightning fast & will be perfect for this offense on go routes plus his speed will open things up for others.
I sure hope he fits into our plans, but right now, he's 4th on our depth chart at best. Crabtree isn't coming here to play a backup and special teams role. Sherfield and Keesean Johnson look to have outplayed him.

I'm not saying all is lost for the kid's future or anything, but after investing 4 draft picks in receivers I've the past two years, we shouldn't be needing to sign veterans in their 30s to get the job done.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Then why bring in Crabtree?

Then why is Keeshawn Johnson the #3 WR?

JJ Nelson had speed, you need more than just speed to be a threat

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
History of Crabtree being the only receiver to consistently humiliate PP21 will make for interesting practices. Crabtree was the only receiver that I can remember who truly had Patrick Peterson’s number in every game they played.
Didn’t Steve Smith from the Panthers school PP21, too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aj green

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crabtree and Fitz should easily make 3rd down conversions better. Fitz has always been that guy, but Crabs will take some of that pressure off.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
He’ll make it easier to get to 4th down with his constant drops.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose