The future of the Coyotes franchise...

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
So, an accidental release? Please just leave the gamesmanship on the ice and shoot straight with the arena stuff.

Yep.

It's been way too many years of uncertainty

The land is valued and available for auction

The postings are getting there and the actual auction will follow

Win the bid - then start with the next step, etc.

This stuff just doesn't excite at this point - it's all been seen before

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Just read it. Seems like the Coyotes haven't been paying that much attention to that legislation. I get the sense from reading between the lines, that the Yotes want the least amount of approvals in the process as necessary after getting burned in Tempe. They just want to get the land, finance it privately, and just get the deal done.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
They coyotes on their socials tonight confirmed those renderings and has a tour of the design - interesting day

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like it all hinges on the auction now. I guess it's good to finally know where we stand one way or the other. The animations look impressive and would likely be very successful in that area if it can get done. If not, sayonara.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is buying the Yotes for a billion dollars. I love the Yotes, but it is the Yotes...

moosehead

All Star
Reaction score

"Last week, the Arizona Coyotes developer team, rolled out the same fantasy renderings used in the Tempe mega arena and mixed-use site proposal, which was resoundingly defeated at the ballot box. The proposed Phoenix version, bordering Scottsdale, was presented without mention of market demand for a new entertainment venue disguised as a hockey arena, or congested highway access, or questionable arena zoning entitlement. And the glitzy proposal was portrayed as the last gasp to keep hockey in Arizona.

The prospect of a rookie developer attempting to buy Arizona State Trust Land with absolutely no infrastructure on the Phoenix side of the 101/Scottsdale Road intersection at the doorstep of Scottsdale is not feasible, or welcome.

moosehead

All Star
Reaction score
I'm sure the Coyotes feel an obligation to their fans but after the treatment from these municipalities, I would absolutely move to a community that actually wanted my franchise. I'm sure there are two sides to every story but after the Tempe stuff and now this? Nope....

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
He's up for re-election - I just sent him an email telling him to butt out.

I voted for him last election
A couple weekends recently he was outside the Chaparral dog park talking to people. I think he might have been getting signatures for something. If I see him there again he's going to get an earful from me on this.

If I do see him again I'll post so that every can go harass inform him on the subject matter.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple weekends recently he was outside the Chaparral dog park talking to people. I think he might have been getting signatures for something. If I see him there again he's going to get an earful from me on this.

If I do see him again I'll post so that every can go harass inform him on the subject matter.
Thanks!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's up for re-election - I just sent him an email telling him to butt out.

I voted for him last election

Politicians will sometimes have not-so-public "auctions" that determine whether they support or oppose certain projects. Let's hope Meruelo wins that bid too.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score