Cowherd strikes again

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Of all the games that are being played next week the biggest sure thing is that Arizona is going to lose at Atlanta.

According to Colin Cowherd: If you have a survivor league and you need a guaranteed win choose Atlanta in week 2.

At least the bulletin board won't be empty. :)

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Cowherd is pissed because he went on, and on, and ON, and ON, AND ON about how great the Niners were going to be this year and they got destroyed and it exposes how little he knows. Cowherd gets rolling on something and he cant stop his own mouth from flapping and he puts himself in a corner, so now he'll continue to attack the Cardinals because he knows he looks stupid.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cowherd is pissed because he went on, and on, and ON, and ON, AND ON about how great the Niners were going to be this year and they got destroyed and it exposes how little he knows. Cowherd gets rolling on something and he cant stop his own mouth from flapping and he puts himself in a corner, so now he'll continue to attack the Cardinals because he knows he looks stupid.

Yep that is precisely it. He has zero accountability for how outlandish some of his claims are.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I heard this too. For a little context, I don't think he really took a swipe at the Cards. He said there were few sure games this week with good teams playing good teams and bad teams matching up. He liked the Packers as a sure win, but wanted to save them for later in the year.

He reckoned that the Cards are on the road for the 2nd week in a row and Atlanta will be hungry after their close loss to Pittsburgh. He never bashed us, he just said this was his pick, given all those factors.

OP
OP
Chaz

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I heard this too. For a little context, I don't think he really took a swipe at the Cards. He said there were few sure games this week with good teams playing good teams and bad teams matching up. He liked the Packers as a sure win, but wanted to save them for later in the year.

He reckoned that the Cards are on the road for the 2nd week in a row and Atlanta will be hungry after their close loss to Pittsburgh. He never bashed us, he just said this was his pick, given all those factors.

He wasn't taking a shot. He is just his expressing his opinion that the Cardinals are a bad team and they are sure to lose as anyone next week. That of all the teams playing next week they have the least chance to win, except for whom ever is playing Green Bay.

Context or not, true or not, it is what it is.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Next week we have Miami at Minnesota, Chicago at Dallas & Jacksonville at San Diego. I like our chances better than Miami, Chicago or Jacksonville.

Last edited:

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
The Packers are at home against Buffalo next week. That is surely the biggest lock of the week, however I would not want to waste Green Bay this early if I didn't have to. I would have said the Cowboys at home was a sure thing, but after last night, I'm not so sure about them anymore.

I'd be inclined to take the Falcons as well.

joko4

Registered
Reaction score
He wasn't taking a shot. He is just his expressing his opinion that the Cardinals are a bad team and they are sure to lose as anyone next week. That of all the teams playing next week they have the least chance to win, except for whom ever is playing Green Bay.

Context or not, true or not, it is what it is.

Yeah, but the good news is Cardinals live on this kind of disrespect, actually I would like to thank him for writing the article so early in the week.
THANK YOU.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score

He did it this summer during the Suns/Lakers series. He went on and on about how bad the Lakers were going to beat us and how the Suns were the worst team statistically left in the playoffs. Well, the Suns took LA to game 7 and Cowherd spent the two days leading up to the game ripping the Suns because he obvioulsy felt threatened.

Guy goes way overboard sometimes.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That series only went six games.

It should have gone to game seven. Freaky tip shot at the buzzer to beat us! I am a HUGE Suns fan and I thought the Lakers would roll us in 4, but we played our A$$es off for not having the big men to match up with the Lakers. Plus we were dead on 3 pointers until very late in the game. Makes you wonder what the Suns will do this year. They could be anywhere from out of the playoffs to back in the Western Conference Finals. I think the Suns are the hardest team to predict this year.

In any case, the Cardinals are not as bad as they looked. I have faith in Wisenhunt.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Next week we have Miami at Minnesota, Chicago at Dallas & Jacksonville at San Diego. I like our chances better than Miami, Chicago or Jacksonville.

Yup. And Minnesota is playing on 10 days rest. Those are all good matchups.

The Packers are at home against Buffalo next week. That is surely the biggest lock of the week, however I would not want to waste Green Bay this early if I didn't have to. I would have said the Cowboys at home was a sure thing, but after last night, I'm not so sure about them anymore.

I've won three suicide pools in the past two years, and this is the thinking that gets you beat. Take sure things over the first quarter of the season (I took the Saints this week) and let other guys be smart. Teams that you know are good at home early. Eventually a handful of teams will get better and become really good over the course of the season, but they haven't necessarily revealed themselves yet.

Otherwise you're stuck one week where the Pats play the Colts, the Saints play the Cowboys, and the Packers play the Steelers and you have all of those teams open, but you don't want to pick. Then you end up getting beat because you take the Broncos at home over the Raiders. :bang:

Seriously, never, EVER take the Broncos in a suicide pool. Ever.

I love CAROLINA hosting Tampa this week, but I'll probably take the PACKERS at home. I want to see the Vikings find a way to score points; Miami can stop the run.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's pretty logical to pick Atlanta this week. A playoff quality team, coming off a tough road loss, with an early "must win" at home. I'd pick them against almost anyone this week, even the Saints.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

:thumbup: When will these turds give the BigRedbirds some respect?! Unbelievable.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's pretty logical to pick Atlanta this week. A playoff quality team, coming off a tough road loss, with an early "must win" at home. I'd pick them against almost anyone this week, even the Saints.

Well stated.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thumbup: When will these turds give the BigRedbirds some respect?! Unbelievable.

Cowherd has given us props and respect on many many many occasions.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Keep in mind however that the Cardinals are a matchup problem for the Falcons. We were stout against the run against a better running back vs. the Rams and we know who Ryan is going to target, Roddy White. Ryan targeted White 25 times this past weekend, and if we don't lock DRC on Roddy this week, Bill Davis is a moron. The rest of their offense is mediocre at best. Not a lock, but we match up well against teams like the Falcons.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind however that the Cardinals are a matchup problem for the Falcons. We were stout against the run against a better running back vs. the Rams and we know who Ryan is going to target, Roddy White. Ryan targeted White 25 times this past weekend, and if we don't lock DRC on Roddy this week, Bill Davis is a moron. The rest of their mediocre at best. Not a lock, but we match up well against teams like the Falcons.

DRC plays a side not a particular WR. We just don't do that and never have. We won't start now either. Besides toler can hold is own on white IMO. Tony Gonzales is who scares me.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's been stated that good teams show improve greatly from week 1 to week 2. I think you'll see that from both teams next week. It's early, but it's almost a must-win for Atlanta if they want to stay close to the Saints. They will be hungry & we'll no doubt have to play well to win. I watched quite a bit of the Falcons last week & wasn't overly impressed. Ryan was average at best & they couldn't run at all against the Steelers. The Steelers run D is stout, but their secondary is average at best. Hell, the Falcons WR's were being blanketed by McFadden no less. The Cardinal D will keep us in games early on until the offense is in sync. Hell, we fumbled 6 times, losing 4 & still won on the road. If that happened in the past, we would have lost by 3 tds, even to the Rams. I was impressed with the speed & quickness of the Atlanta front 7. They will defintely put a lot of pressure on DA. Dixon couldn't hit the big ones downfield, but they are there & the Falcons secondary is simply OK. If we don't self-destruct, this will be a close game. You have to give the Falcons the edge at home, but I definitely wouldn't have them as my suicide pick in week 2!!! Cowherd is an absolute idiot & blowhard.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
DRC plays a side not a particular WR. We just don't do that and never have. We won't start now either. Besides toler can hold is own on white IMO. Tony Gonzales is who scares me.

Yeah, and the sad thing is that Gonzo is my fantasy TE. I mean, that's good for my fantasy team, but I always root for my real team first.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

How so? He can hold his WR to "only" 10 catches and 120 yards? Roddy White wasn't cut by his team the week before the game.

Toler made 13 tackles(!) in the game last week, but he wast targeted at least 10 times. He didn't make anyone in the NFL think twice about throwing in his direction.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Couple of things:
1. Cowherd, today, said that he had picked Seattle to win the West.
2. Donnie Henderson has moved DRC from the right side to the left side, in the PS.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't know that I agree but it's certainly not a bad pick. The Falcons are a much better team than the one that showed up in Pitt this week. The return of Babineaux alone makes them a reasonable pick.

Steve