Cowboys at Cardinals gameday thread 9-24-23

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best running game we have seen in the desert for some time! Have to imagine Kyler with a legit running game could be very entertaining…

It is interesting because I don't think the talent on the OL is any better, but I think we're just executing better?

I mean that TD run by Rondale was perfectly blocked. A big run by Conner was also and another he cut back, more speed might have gone to the house too. Some of it is Dallas seems to be so aggressive, but we just seem to be executing well on the blocking schemes.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
We did a helluva lot - in the first half

But then again - we literally teach teams how to come back

What are those racehorses called that lose to build another horse's confidence?

I think they're called Cardinals

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is interesting because I don't think the talent on the OL is any better, but I think we're just executing better?

I mean that TD run by Rondale was perfectly blocked. A big run by Conner was also and another he cut back, more speed might have gone to the house too. Some of it is Dallas seems to be so aggressive, but we just seem to be executing well on the blocking schemes.

With a guy like Colon in too. A guy with no preseason who's been here 3 weeks.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really don’t care what anyone says this rebuild is headed in the right direction.
Feels like it. Now if Oz can put in some solid draft picks that fit well within the structure of the rebuild then we are good to go.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Get the pit crew in the locker room to tighten up those wheels... don't wanna see'em come off again.
Coaching needs to not get out coached. Didn't watch the Giants disaster, but I'm assuming this was the case.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Froholdt is better than Price.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
2023 Team Leaders

Passing Yards
Joshua Dobbs QB #9
TD 1
QBR 47.8

Rushing Yards
James Conner RB #6
CAR 37
TD 1

Receiving Yards
Marquise Brown WR #2
REC 9

Now, can they actually gut it out in the 2nd half? Glaring lack of talent on the D line along with questionable adjustments/lack of adjustments by the coaching staff on both sides of the ball for the first 2 games in the 2nd half.
Give the coaches a break. In Game One, our QB was around for about 10 days. In Game Two, injuries to Collier and Watkins decimated the depth of the DL in the second half. In all three games, imo, it's a miracle that we've played as well as we have. And I think the coaches deserve credit for that. Can't believe that Dallas won't win, today, but they'll know that they were in a game. JMO.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually don’t bet on my own teams, but we were at South Point last night… :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz