Cord Cutters

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
If basketball and baseball are important, sling might be the way to go. I am not sure if it has fox sports or fox sports AZ but it does have espn, tnt and etc.

Sling - Orange + Blue + Sports Extra has just about every sports channel we use, except for MLB TV, CBS Sports Network, and Big 10 Network (which we watch very sparingly):

ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPNNews
Fox Sports 1 & 2, Fox Sports Regional (AZ/AZ Alt)
NFL Network, NFL Redzone
NBCSN
NBA TV
NHL Network
SEC, PAC12

I think if it wasn't for live sports I could justify completely eliminating cable pretty easily (and not into the illegal streaming stuff).

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sling - Orange + Blue + Sports Extra has just about every sports channel we use, except for MLB TV, CBS Sports Network, and Big 10 Network (which we watch very sparingly):

ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPNNews
Fox Sports 1 & 2, Fox Sports Regional (AZ/AZ Alt)
NFL Network, NFL Redzone
NBCSN
NBA TV
NHL Network
SEC, PAC12

I think if it wasn't for live sports I could justify completely eliminating cable pretty easily (and not into the illegal streaming stuff).
I only watch cardinals football really so I cut everything. I would like to watch suns games but not enough to pay a bunch of money monthly.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have Fox Sports AZ & ESPN streaming on my Xbox One & 360 & Fire TV Stick by putting in a family member's Cox logon.

The stream quality isn't always great for live sports though so Sling would probably be better quality.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Fox Sports AZ & ESPN streaming on my Xbox One & 360 & Fire TV Stick by putting in a family member's Cox logon.

The stream quality isn't always great for live sports though so Sling would probably be better quality.

Is there an app for fox sports AZ to stream on XBOX? I was not aware of that.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You need a cable/satellite subscription (or at least access to someone's login)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Right, if you don't have access to that then you need to look into something like Sling TV or Hulu TV.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
So for all you KODI users...do you use VPN's while using KODI...especially when watching new release movies and such? Or have you ever been contacted by your ISP for using pirated content?

Just stay away from Torrents.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I will try and find the article but I believe it was talking about KODI users.

They've been going after box sellers, but that's it. But if you're paranoid just spend $30-$40 a year on a VPN and you're good to go.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not use a VPN for Kodi.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Samsung smart TV updated software a few days ago and it removed the YouTube app... Huh? Some message showed up but it went by to quickly for me to read. Anyone have a guess as to why Samsung would do this?

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My Samsung smart TV updated software a few days ago and it removed the YouTube app... Huh? Some message showed up but it went by to quickly for me to read. Anyone have a guess as to why Samsung would do this?
It sounds like youtube has stopped supporting their app for older smart tvs (including samsung) so that's probably why it got removed from yours. Time to get a fire tv stick (or comparible).

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They've been going after box sellers, but that's it. But if you're paranoid just spend $30-$40 a year on a VPN and you're good to go.

I am good. I have tried them all and the quality sucks to bad to even bother.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I am good. I have tried them all and the quality sucks to bad to even bother.

As it should. Kodi has gone way too mainstream and there are too many addons that promote easy piracy. Hopefully the quality with these addons continues to suck.

But trust me, with a small amount of effort you can be pulling 1080p streams before they're even done airing here on the west coast.

I won't condone it. But I will say, with the proper setup it's damn near flawless. It is simply better than any paid service available - although it's getting better with things like PS Vue, Youtube TV, etc.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As it should. Kodi has gone way too mainstream and there are too many addons that promote easy piracy. Hopefully the quality with these addons continues to suck.

But trust me, with a small amount of effort you can be pulling 1080p streams before they're even done airing here on the west coast.

I won't condone it. But I will say, with the proper setup it's damn near flawless. It is simply better than any paid service available - although it's getting better with things like PS Vue, Youtube TV, etc.

It's come a long way since the early days. I have tried them all at one time or another but they have definitely evolved. For me personally, with the investment in my home theater equipment it just doesn't cut the mustard in terms of quality. Even the 1080P streams are not even legit. They are highly compressed. Compare any of those streams to OTA signals or optical. It's no competition. It's like that on even legit streaming devices or even DirectTV for that matter. Their compression is getting better but still doesn't compare.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Moving next week, and getting all setup..

Bought modem and router recommended by cord cutting sites
Cox 100MBps plan
Element TV with Amazon Fire built in plus indoor antenna
A fire tv box with second indoor antenna
2 extra fire sticks for other tv's

Going to get Sling (both packages plus sports extra and dvr for another 5 each), Netflix, will use or split cost of my bro-in-laws Hulu acct, and looking forward to exploring/using other apps/channels. Will definitely be an experience!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
You cord cutter guys seem to really know what you are talking about. But to me, it is too much to handle for my old pea brain.
You must be registered for see images attach

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Been a cord cutter for about three years. Current set up:

PlayStation Vue subscription $45 a month, been a subscriber since day 1
Cox 150 mbps internet for $69 a month
Sony Smart TV with PS Vue app
PS4 on TV #2 with PS Vue
Fire TV on TV #3 with PS Vue

BigRedRage

Reckless