Copying restaurant food

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love a good sausage egg mcmuffin, but the timing my life rarely allows for it.

I finally, after many failed attempts, finally figured out how to make the mcdonalds "fresh round egg" at home. I am probably way too proud about this, and while it might seem like all you need is a round egg mold, it doesn't really work, you burn the bottom and the top is runny... and how can you flip it in a mold?!

So, I tried a few things, finally got it, was thrilled, went on the internet to express my joy... and found out that like 500 different people figured out the same trick, I just hadn't typed in the right search terms.

Anyway...

The key to making that style of egg is you, obviously, need some sort of round mold, a mason jar lid works (that is what I used but you need to grease it a bit), put butter in a pan, let it melt, put your mold in the pan, make sure it lays even, put a cracked egg into it (don't crack it on the mold), and once you see the egg is starting to cook through on the bottom, pour a few ounces of water along the outside of the mold to create steam and then put a lid on top. Cooks pretty fast from there.

It creates this magical blend of a fried egg and a poached egg. My favorite styles combined.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love a good sausage egg mcmuffin, but the timing my life rarely allows for it.

I finally, after many failed attempts, finally figured out how to make the mcdonalds "fresh round egg" at home. I am probably way too proud about this, and while it might seem like all you need is a round egg mold, it doesn't really work, you burn the bottom and the top is runny... and how can you flip it in a mold?!

So, I tried a few things, finally got it, was thrilled, went on the internet to express my joy... and found out that like 500 different people figured out the same trick, I just hadn't typed in the right search terms.

Anyway...

The key to making that style of egg is you, obviously, need some sort of round mold, a mason jar lid works (that is what I used but you need to grease it a bit), put butter in a pan, let it melt, put your mold in the pan, make sure it lays even, put a cracked egg into it (don't crack it on the mold), and once you see the egg is starting to cook through on the bottom, pour a few ounces of water along the outside of the mold to create steam and then put a lid on top. Cooks pretty fast from there.

It creates this magical blend of a fried egg and a poached egg. My favorite styles combined.

Now do the hash brown, please!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now do the hash brown, please!
The hashbrowns that you can get in the store are pretty easy to copy. You just have to fry and salt them immediately.

Now, if someone can copy the McGriddle, please let me know.... :D

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Anyway...

This guy makes restaurant food "But Better".

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard