Congrats Devils.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow. HUGE win for ASU. Congrats. Now, I dont mean this the way its going to come across, casue Im truly respectful of the effort put forth. But all I can think about, is when the U beats a number 16, its what we're supposed to do. SO today was just another day at the office.

Its gotta feel GREAT to be a Sun Devils fan right now. Theres something to be said for being an underdog. Frankly, I miss it.

We havent been an underdog since 1997, and thats when we won it all...

Again, Congrats. I live in NYC, Obviously I didnt get to see the game. WHat the hell happened?

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Millage went off.... He was one assist away from a triple double.

Ike had a good game as well, the refs kept it close in the 2nd half otherwise the Devils would have blown them out. Good game.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingofCards
Ike had a good game as well, the refs kept it close in the 2nd half otherwise the Devils would have blown them out. Good game.

Great game. Re the refs: How could a physical team like Memphis only be whistled for 5 fouls partway into the 2nd half of the entire game? WEAK.

Way to go Devils!!

It wasn't that long ago we lost a very close game to Kansas. Kansas is known for many early tourney exits, so if they get past Utah St. it's entirely feasible for ASU to upset them.

BTW: You locals might want to pick up an issue of the New Times and read about Evans and the Devils, great article. They had the writer follow them around this season.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After watching Kansas v Utah State, I am not quite as coincerned with Kansas as I was. I know they have been sluggish in the first round before...there appears to be a pattern here...and I think if the Devils can play a solid, full 40 minute game this is a winnable game. All of a sudden, Section 11's prediction has some life to it.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
After watching Kansas v Utah State, I am not quite as coincerned with Kansas as I was. I know they have been sluggish in the first round before...there appears to be a pattern here...and I think if the Devils can play a solid, full 40 minute game this is a winnable game. All of a sudden, Section 11's prediction has some life to it.

Assuming Arizona wins their game...

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa

You talk like yours is already won...

Believe me, if that scenario plays out, the niceties Ive felt for your quaint "up and coming" school will be over...

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by schutd
You talk like yours is already won...

Believe me, if that scenario plays out, the niceties Ive felt for your quaint "up and coming" school will be over...

Dude, take a chill pill and read some posts.

Where did I talk like ours is won? Please point it out...

Where are your comprehension skills?

I said, when Kansas was still playing Utah State, that if Kansas won I felt it was feasible for us to beat them because we played them close back East in recent years. Wow! I said it was feasible! That's just like saying "It's a lock." :rolleyes: Gimme a break.

Then I read AZCB34's post where he said "I think if the Devils can play a solid, full 40 minute game this is a winnable game. All of a sudden, Section 11's prediction has some life to it."

That's where there was an assumption that the UofA would win their game.

This is no different than back before the Pac-10 tourney when people said "If ASU can get past Oregon they'd play the UofA." That was an assumption that the UofA was going to roll past UCLA. We all know what happened then...

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bah. F*ckit. IM done with human interaction until after this f*cking war. Peoples heads are all cloudy and screwed on too tight. Mine especially.

See you guys in a couple of weeks.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by schutd
Bah. F*ckit. IM done with human interaction until after this f*cking war. Peoples heads are all cloudy and screwed on too tight. Mine especially.

See you guys in a couple of weeks.

C'mon man, hang in here with us! You can do it! :thumbup:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Definitely. I guess what I meant to suggest was that Section 11's prediction was a big reach because I didn't think ASU would even get past Memphis. Once they did that (and Kansas struggled against Utah St.) all of a sudden 11's prediction does have some life but alot still has to happen.

Kansas can be beaten by ASU I think. In fact, I think ASu has a better chance against Kansas than I thought they did against Memphis. Maybe Kansas was just inispired yesterday.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
C'mon man, hang in here with us! You can do it! :thumbup:

Obviously if I only made it 10 minutes without feeling the need to check it out again. Tell you what. I need to chill out. Work blows today, and IM pissed. Ill check you guys on Monday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn