Coming update for Xbone this summer

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that it's official XBOX ONE - S is coming....I don't see a reason to bite. I am interested in the new XBOX ONE - Scorpio. However....Christmas of 2017!?!?!?

Not sure that will have ANY impact. That is SO far away. By then, 4K TV will make up 65% of the market or more. Ultra HD players will have more market penetration as 4K content. PC graphics cards will make LEAPS and BOUNDS that far out.

By the time Scorpio hits the market it's going to feel under powered all over again and people are going to have all kinds of choices for 4K content. Seems reactionary and too little too late. I hope they make up to the last minute choices about the GPU before launch or I won't bite on that either.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that it's official XBOX ONE - S is coming....I don't see a reason to bite. I am interested in the new XBOX ONE - Scorpio. However....Christmas of 2017!?!?!?

Not sure that will have ANY impact. That is SO far away. By then, 4K TV will make up 65% of the market or more. Ultra HD players will have more market penetration as 4K content. PC graphics cards will make LEAPS and BOUNDS that far out.

By the time Scorpio hits the market it's going to feel under powered all over again and people are going to have all kinds of choices for 4K content. Seems reactionary and too little too late. I hope they make up to the last minute choices about the GPU before launch or I won't bite on that either.

The problem is with announcing something a year in advanced has to do with Moore's Law. It is pretty much like you said. Moore's Law states that computing power essentially doubles every 18m - 2 years.

...and yet the problem with having state of the art specs in a console, is that there is no way to keep the price where we expect them to be. It is a definite catch 22.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn