Combine Talk

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Christian Kirk measurables

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He pressed 20 times

His first 40 was 4.46 (and it's the type of 4.46 that doesn't slow down until the endzone even if it was 99 yards).

Beast

edit: 2nd 40 was 4.48.

edit: Both times through the gauntlet he made it look easy and caught every pass perfectly, including staying bounds on the last one as you turn up field.

edit: outs and ins, perfect. Not a single double catch/miss on anything yet. Making it look easy. Precise and definitive cuts and looks completely under control. Not breaking a sweat.

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching Jackson and listening to Mayock on the TeeVee, the impression I got was that Jackson was inconsistent with mechanics/accuracy but had a thru the roof upside (i.e. "best athlete on the field")."

At issue: Can you coach Jackson to be consistent enough?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
an interesting question on twitter right now.....if Sam Darnold hands are average....why was he having issues with fumbling?
Logical answer: Hand size is not the only reason a QB fumbles.

I was never that impressed by hand-size until I saw this one guy with big hands make ball carrying look more like he was carrying a baseball. No way was anyone going to knock the ball loose from his grasp.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Watching Jackson and listening to Mayock on the TeeVee, the impression I got was that Jackson was inconsistent with mechanics/accuracy but had a thru the roof upside (i.e. "best athlete on the field")."

At issue: Can you coach Jackson to be consistent enough?
Sounds like a 3rd round pick no?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
QB update. Allen looked better than the Senior Bowl. Mayfield was pretty clean. Rosen was a little less clean than I thought he would be. Jackson looked like a project. Faulk looked smooth, but not special. This might be the draft to grab two guys just because I think there is quality backup QB depth in this group.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
From Chase Good bread twitter page
Alabama DL Da'Ron Payne said former teammates Jonathan Allen and Ryan Anderson are pushing the #Redskins to reunite the three of them on the same defense.
#NFLCombine2018

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
QB update. Allen looked better than the Senior Bowl. Mayfield was pretty clean. Rosen was a little less clean than I thought he would be. Jackson looked like a project. Faulk looked smooth, but not special. This might be the draft to grab two guys just because I think there is quality backup QB depth in this group.
Maybe grab one of the Top 7 QB's and draft JT Barrett in the later rounds?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like a 3rd round pick no?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
No.

At least one team will be enamored with Jackson's multi-talents. Plus - There are more teams who "need" a potential QBOF than there are QBOF's (including Jackson).

Greater demand than supply will,drive the value of Jackson higher than the 3rd round (probably into the mid-1st). Question for the Cards and other QB-less teams is: Is Jackson worth over-drafting ?

Personally, I'm on the fence: Does Jackson have the upside that (1) makes him worth the risk of drafting him at #15? and (2) makes him worth overhauling the entire Cardinal offense to accomodate his unique talents?

Last edited:

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hm I'm not sold on Lamar Jackson after watching his tape his mechanics aren't clean maybe he can change but if not, he isn't great at QB at all in the NFL.

Baker is maybe to slow to be elusive enough to be great but he is a good passer.

Barett and Lauletta seem to be guys that could be the sleeper QB that outperforms everyone else. But than again, draft is a creapshot ...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson