Cobra Kai (Netflix)

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I’m through the first 5 episodes and I am enjoying it. The only problem I have is that I am watching it with my 12 year old son and starting around episode three they started getting quite raunchy. There were more than a few times that I got quite uncomfortable watching it with my son.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

Reaction score
My son and I finished watching the series tonight. We both really enjoyed it (aside from some of the raunchiness that only bothered me because I was watching it with my son). Seeing Daniel and Johnny riding around together in a car singing REO Speedwagon was well worth the price of admission.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just finished it! Loved the ending. Look forward to season 2.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
My son and I finished watching the series tonight. We both really enjoyed it (aside from some of the raunchiness that only bothered me because I was watching it with my son). Seeing Daniel and Johnny riding around together in a car singing REO Speedwagon was well worth the price of admission.
This is some of the most enjoyable TV I've ever watched. It feels like they made this show just for me. Very surreal. However, as much as I would like to watch this with my kids I won't because 90% of the charm is the nostalgia.

I was 11 when I saw Karate Kid. I had the headband and I was all in. My favorite actress became Elisabeth Shue and it has never changed.

The references Johnny is making are blowing my mind. Telling the kids to go home and watch Over the Top...that's something I would tell my students. His ignorance to any sort of technology is hilarious.

The writing is brilliant. Flipping the script and then flipping it again. Wow.

I want to watch as quickly as possible because it's so awesome, but I also want to stop watching because I don't want it to end.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

Reaction score
This is some of the most enjoyable TV I've ever watched. It feels like they made this show just for me. Very surreal. However, as much as I would like to watch this with my kids I won't because 90% of the charm is the nostalgia.

I was 11 when I saw Karate Kid. I had the headband and I was all in. My favorite actress became Elisabeth Shue and it has never changed.

The references Johnny is making are blowing my mind. Telling the kids to go home and watch Over the Top...that's something I would tell my students. His ignorance to any sort of technology is hilarious.

The writing is brilliant. Flipping the script and then flipping it again. Wow.

I want to watch as quickly as possible because it's so awesome, but I also want to stop watching because I don't want it to end.
I had Over the Top on my BetaMax when I was a kid. I loved that movie. It seems like Johnny always references the perfect 80s references, he never goes for the obvious trendy 80s ones.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I had Over the Top on my BetaMax when I was a kid. I loved that movie. It seems like Johnny always references the perfect 80s references, he never goes for the obvious trendy 80s ones.
I swear he somehow hacked my childhood and AI is writing this script just for me.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I swear he somehow hacked my childhood and AI is writing this script just for me.

The first season was awesome. The second wasnt as much. Maybe due to the first being nostalgic and the second just beginning to be a off shoot series.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really wish they would get terry silver back as a villain he was my favorite pver the top bad guy!!! Lol the training hitting the hard boards to make johnny knuckles bleed!!

Love the karate kid well first 3 the female one was garbage lol

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score

Mostly a recap but a few shots of Season 3 with a familiar voice perhaps? Sounded like Chozen.

Most of it's promo for Netflix, since the first two seasons are on there now. Will be rewatching. :D

One good theory is that that last voice is actually Miyagi's son, especially with the dialog about Mr. Miyagi keeping secrets from Daniel.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never got around to this. It's on Netflix now?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah, I loved the first two.
The first 2 seasons are basically a continuation of the first movie, the 3rd season is theorized to be a continuation of the 2nd movie since Daniel goes to Okinawa. By that I mean, the seasons were directly influenced by those movies. Season 1 even includes clips from Karate Kid.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you confirm it's on Netflix? I still don't really have an interest in YT Red.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Funny enough, I just got an email -- apparently the series was added to Netflix today.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have to admit, this is a guilty pleasure. Binged both seasons in a week. I think the acting and the high school scene at the end were god awful and loved every minute of it. I think it’s primarily nostalgia and the amazing fact that they’ve had many of the former actors that got me.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I have to admit, this is a guilty pleasure. Binged both seasons in a week. I think the acting and the high school scene at the end were god awful and loved every minute of it. I think it’s primarily nostalgia and the amazing fact that they’ve had many of the former actors that got me.
Yep that pretty much nails it. A few cringe-worthy moments, especially with the older Cobra Kai idiot.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wife and I are about 7-8 eps in. We really like it! I want the soundtrack! It's like all of the KK themes just twisted enough to get an interesting story going. Probably get through season 1 this week and get started on 2 soon.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson