Clippers @ Suns Sunday game thread 1-3-2021

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bridges/Cam/Jae 4/19 getting almost all clean looks isn’t going to happen much. Teams shooting 17/29 from 3 will happen almost never.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Really poor game from our wings leads to a loss. Mikael, Cam, Jae all sucked from 3 tonight. A few of those go in like the normally do, we win.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suns had no answer for George and Batum.
George won't shoot 70% for three every game. Sometimes it happens, it's why the guy makes millions.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hard fought game. Even in a loss, there was much that was encouraging.

Starting to think that as go Bridges and Cam Johnson, so go the Suns. Cam Johnson in particular was quite off in the two losses we have had.

Was really starting to worry about Booker, but hopefully his play in this comeback effort has snapped him out of it.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They were hot, we were cold. We fight back to within 2 and made it a game. I am really excited with what this team could become.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
George won't shoot 70% for three every game. Sometimes it happens, it's why the guy makes millions.

It's Batum going off tonight that bothers me more. He usually doesn't do that.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Booker played 45 minutes!

I guess when Jevon Carter goes -19 in his three minutes, Booker has to play.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's Batum going off tonight that bothers me more. He usually doesn't do that.
On the flip side mikal and cam aren't going to go 3-13 from 3 very often. I think the clips are legit. They punched us in the teeth and we smiled and came back. Love what Monty has going.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not consistent enough offensively. He is an all-NBA defender, though.

If defense is as important as offense, then the best defensive players should be all stars. The best offensive players are unless they are absolutely awful at defense (even still, most of the time they make it).

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They were hot, we were cold. We fight back to within 2 and made it a game. I am really excited with what this team could become.

we got down 1 at one point

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
DA played really hard and efficient. If he keeps that up we are going to win a lot of games.i don't recall ibaka doing much of anything inside.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
One thing that troubled me: why was Booker the primary defender on George and Kawhi so much? He’s...not good enough to take them. I would rather put Dario or Ayton on them, and certainly Crowder. Even Paul. Booker is like my last choice to guard either of them especially on a team that he can hide on Beverly against. Curious why Monty didn’t hide Booker on Bev.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DA played really hard and efficient. If he keeps that up we are going to win a lot of games.i don't recall ibaka doing much of anything inside.

Yes, DA has been much better the last two games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the flip side mikal and cam aren't going to go 3-13 from 3 very often. I think the clips are legit. They punched us in the teeth and we smiled and came back. Love what Monty has going.

Yeah, Clippers shot 58.6% from 3-point range. How often does this happen.

Suns only shot 30.3% from three.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still can’t figure out why Book isn’t a better 3pt shooter. His mechanics are perfect.

yeah in practice he is easily the best 3 pt shooter on the team. Not sure if it is fatigue or mental.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Did you watch Moore in preseason at all? He sucks.

Everyone on the team sucked in preseason. When Carter and Galloway are that clearly off, I don't think it would hurt to give Moore a shot.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
One thing that troubled me: why was Booker the primary defender on George and Kawhi so much? He’s...not good enough to take them. I would rather put Dario or Ayton on them, and certainly Crowder. Even Paul. Booker is like my last choice to guard either of them especially on a team that he can hide on Beverly against. Curious why Monty didn’t hide Booker on Bev.
So this is a really good question with an even better answer.

When Kobe and MJ played they demanded to play D on the opponent's best player. Most people don't realize how good they really were because they were absolutely elite on both ends of the floor against the other elite players in the league. (Kobe pretty much single handedly won us a gold medal JUST by playing D on their best players).

And that's who Book wants to be. Badly. Chris Paul recently said in an interview that Book asks Monty to put him on the best players. That he's a two way player. He may not be Kobe or MJ on the defensive end yet, but he's heading in the right direction. The progress Book has made on the defensive end is OUTSTANDING. Which makes sense since D is mostly about heart and there may only be a handful of players with more heart than Book.

Taking on the best is his way of achieving that goal Kobe set for him a few years back:

Be Legendary

Why should anyone try to stop him?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Just to big a hole to climb out of. Loved the fight not gonna win em all

according to ESPN we have played the hardest schedule in the NBA so far but it’s about to get a lot easier

Toronto
Detroit
Indy(No TJ)
Washington
ATL
Golden State
Indy(No TJ)
Memphis(No Ja)
This will be the most telling part of this early season to me.

If we go out and dominate this upcoming stretch of games it will be a sign that we have truly arrived.

Good teams take advantage of stretches of very winnable games like this.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says Suns know they can beat Clippers.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are sort of like pickup games with high stakes.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach