Clancy coverage alive and well

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still see our CB's 10 even a few times FIFTEEN yards off the receiver. Its an easy 5-8 yard gain that we have given up alot already this year. We have the guys that can press so lets use it.

With the pressure we get it will work more times than we get beat.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
DRC is still learning. Couple of times he tried he got beaten for much more. I think eventually he will get there. I think McFadden did play tight.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I still see our CB's 10 even a few times FIFTEEN yards off the receiver. Its an easy 5-8 yard gain that we have given up alot already this year. We have the guys that can press so lets use it.

With the pressure we get it will work more times than we get beat.

Garrard threw for more yards, as many TDs and only one fewer completion than Warner and Garrard is no Warner and doesn't have close to the talent at WR that Kurt does.

He was probably one dropped pass from going over 300 yards for only the 3rd time in his last 30 games. More evidence of what we already know. The Cards must improve their pass defense if they are ever going to be a consistent winner.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Garrard threw for more yards, as many TDs and only one fewer completion than Warner and Garrard is no Warner and doesn't have close to the talent at WR that Kurt does.

He was probably one dropped pass from going over 300 yards for only the 3rd time in his last 30 games. More evidence of what we already know. The Cards must improve their pass defense if they are ever going to be a consistent winner.

...but, he also threw the ball 43 times, which means he was just barely over 50% completion percentage. How about some praise for the defense in keeping him in check for 20 incomplete passes?

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The cushion is partially a symptom of what the team does with the safeties.
Not enough help over the top so they get a bigger space to keep the play in front of them.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
...but, he also threw the ball 43 times, which means he was just barely over 50% completion percentage. How about some praise for the defense in keeping him in check for 20 incomplete passes?

No praise for anybody. Our guys only play hard when people bash them and play like idiots when things get too good. So nothing but criticism from me for the rest of the year.

:D

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
With how much we blitz Adrian Wilson, basically playing 1 safety, the corners HAVE to play off.

Saxon079

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No praise for anybody. Our guys only play hard when people bash them and play like idiots when things get too good. So nothing but criticism from me for the rest of the year.

:D

Unfortunately that just maybe the truth. :sad:

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
Did the Defense hold down MJD after that big run he had? yes

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
The cushion is partially a symptom of what the team does with the safeties.
Not enough help over the top so they get a bigger space to keep the play in front of them.

Exactly. With AW playing in the box so much there's no help for the db's. I am really liking the D this year. I'd rather give up the 8 yard play with the possibility of AW getting a sack or blowing up a run than playing press, getting no pressure and still giving up a pass b/c nobody got to the QB.

Hopefully, with CC becoming a disruptive force, we'll have the best of both worlds and rush 4 and drop AW. I'd love to see him get the 20-20 this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn