Cj Mosley expected to sign with Jets

UK Cardinal

Reaction score
Yep I'm out! Way to much, that's elite DE money.

The jets are just getting all the players this year and pricing everyone else out the market!

OP
OP
juza76

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jets making a big splash only to finish 5-11 again.

crazy money out there especially coming from bad franchise, i m happy the cardinals arent part of this
best players come from draft or trades

maybe clinton dix is a guy i would like even if he is a priced free agents

i would sign the following players who dont demand high paychecks but offering a good performances

Darius Philon defensive tackle
Brent Urban dt/de
Billy Turner tackle
Quentin Spain guard

i would take a flier on Darron Lee for a 5th rounder

Last edited:

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
The key for Keim will be to snag some of the better players who are left over once the first wave of legal tampering splash signings is over. Mosley would've been a great improvement to our defense considering his run stuffing strength, but he is nowhere near the elite Kuechly/Wagner tier. Yet the 50m guaranteed he got is elite edge rusher money.

Mosley was the big prize. But there are comparable players available for less than a third of what the Jets paid Mosley. Players who aren't significantly worse than Mosley, like Hicks, but have less reputation and/or recent injury.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I havent seen (though I dont have a lot of time to pay close attention) a team who is a piece or two away from the big prize spending this kind of money on a single player. Teams that win dont HAVE to sign that big name. Teams desperate to compete are compelled to apend. Teams that win regularly build in the draft and through smart, less newsworthy trades.

While Im not convinced the Cards FO currently has the talent to get us there this way, Im hopeful in that I believe in their methodology after years of wanting them to be the team that signed the "big names" Jeebus, the amount of money being thrown around by teams is INSANE!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Wow that's Chandler Jones money.

Want to know how NOT build a football team? Spending $17 million on ILB is the first step.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how much Jamie Collins is looking for? He’s available unless he is headin back to NE.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wanted Keim to sign CJ Mosley. Oh Well. Let's play a 6-5 defense (eliminating need for any LBs) baby! :hacker:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That contract is Effin stupid

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was my favorite target but no way no how would I pay 17 million a year. Insane.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid money!

He is getting paid $5M more per year than the previous highest paid ILB Kuechly who is twice as good as Mosley.

The Jets have lost their mind. Mosely is a solid player but you don't pay solid players Elite Game Changer money. INSANE!!!

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Generally thought to be a done deal for the Cards. Suggs & Mosley wanted to continue playing together. Then the Ravens jumped back in at the last minute. This somehow started a bidding war the Cards, rightly, bowed out of. The Jets on the other hand got auction fever and badly distorted their payroll.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Generally thought to be a done deal for the Cards. Suggs & Mosley wanted to continue playing together. Then the Ravens jumped back in at the last minute. This somehow started a bidding war the Cards, rightly, bowed out of. The Jets on the other hand got auction fever and badly distorted their payroll.

Well, it's not Wednesday yet, right?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
It's reported the Saints are going to sign Latavious Murray so they will not miss a beat with Ingram leaving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA