Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
That trailer is nuts.....

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Interesting to see some of these highlights.

Three-term President.
California and Texas forces.

Hopefully it's well balanced because it does look entertaining.

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Looks promising but main character is a war zone reporter that tries to warn Americans ?

Sounds like someone listened to Robert Evans podcasts "It could happen here" and decided to make a movie without telling him.
He has a comprehensive nine-episode podcast analysis of a hypothetical Second American Civil War and he is a war zone reporter.

Also the natural sequel of this movie ?

You must be registered for see images attach

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cali and Texas seem an odd paring. Ensures people know it's fiction , lol
Not if they are separate forces. In other words, not technically allies but both against the Government. Curious to see the details on that.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My initial thought after watching the trailer was strangely, "Wow. Jesse Plemons is back in shape. Can we re-film the Breaking Bad sequel El Camino now?"

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Even as a work of fiction, this map makes absolutely zero sense.
I presume it's supposed to represent some "alternate reality" where current real life political dynamics aren't relevant.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I presume it's supposed to represent some "alternate reality" where current real life political dynamics aren't relevant.
Not to mention tactics. Considering the population density and geography...Arizona, NM, and NV should fall to the Texicali alliance pretty quickly

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you know that if you combined the National Gaurds of Texas and California, it's one of the largest military forces in the world? I could see a world were Texas and California are allies so each can gain their independence. But New Mexico and Arizona not picking a side is interesting. I wonder if they'll explain that.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I hadn't realized this was an Alex Garland movie until now. I was just checking something else on him and saw it as an upcoming for him. That's making me a bit more excited about this now. Loved him with Ex Machina and Annihilation.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So well done and the fighting was intense, especially the final one. Took the kid to see it in iMax.

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
In what possible way did they address the idiocy that California and Texas became allies?
Or that South Carolina would not be part of the Florida Alliance? Having lived in SC, they still think the civil war isn't quite over yet and the South will rise again and I say this seriously.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Friend who saw it said the war correspondent characters are ghoulish, terrible people. Heh.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson