Cincinnati Bengals @ Arizona Cardinals pre game thread. 10/1/23-10/7/23

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
To be fair, that's literally the only big play he's made this season in 12 targets + 5 rushing attempts.
wasnt uncommon for Barry Sanders in the 2nd quarter to have 8 carries for 3 yards.... then go into the half with 10 carries for 120...
that style of player, as frustrating as it can be, you just gotta keep getting them the ball.
but i still think slants and crosses are best for moore.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
wasnt uncommon for Barry Sanders in the 2nd quarter to have 8 carries for 3 yards.... then go into the half with 10 carries for 120...
that style of player, as frustrating as it can be, you just gotta keep getting them the ball.
but i still think slants and crosses are best for moore.
Yeah, Rondale Moore is not the "Barry Sanders" style of player. And I'm not just talking talent level.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, Rondale Moore is not the "Barry Sanders" style of player. And I'm not just talking talent level.

I still don't think we use him right.

The behind the LOS stuff should be part of his game for limited snaps. But his meat and drink should be running short routes with space in front of him where he can get the ball and turn 5 into 12.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

The behind the LOS stuff should be part of his game for limited snaps. But his meat and drink should be running short routes with space in front of him where he can get the ball and turn 5 into 12.
That sounds like a plan that would maximize his talents.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Kyren Williams is also a massive stud.
Is this really true? He's had a few good games.
My reasoning for the Rams being better is that they took the 49ers to the wire. It was tied at half and the Rams lead at points in the game. Their defense is solid and as long Stafford doesn't get pummeled they can score. Their beatdown of the Seahawks was also impressive.
I'm a big fan of McVay. I think he's perhaps a top five coach. Raheem Morris has settled in to being one of the best D coordinators in the NFL. They get more out of talent than almost every team in the league.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Is this really true? He's had a few good games.

I'm a big fan of McVay. I think he's perhaps a top five coach. Raheem Morris has settled in to being one of the best D coordinators in the NFL. They get more out of talent than almost every team in the league.

I guess Aaron Donalds contract extension hasn't been a disaster, but he's probably underperformed vs. the money he's getting. Not massively but I think it's kind of a cautionary tale about paying any interior (either offensive or defensive) lineman big money.

I think you want to pay edges on D and Ts on O, but paying a center or guard or defensive tackle 65 million? No thanks. I don't think that's a winning formula in the NFL.

I think you have to draft well at the interior line positions and only use modest FA resources on that part of the roster. That's just my uninformed take though.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I guess Aaron Donalds contract extension hasn't been a disaster, but he's probably underperformed vs. the money he's getting. Not massively but I think it's kind of a cautionary tale about paying any interior (either offensive or defensive) lineman big money.

I think you want to pay edges on D and Ts on O, but paying a center or guard or defensive tackle 65 million? No thanks. I don't think that's a winning formula in the NFL.

I think you have to draft well at the interior line positions and only use modest FA resources on that part of the roster. That's just my uninformed take though.
Not to absolutely destroy this take, but yes this is a very uninformed take. Just watch a few Rams games and you will see that Donald is still among the three most impactful defensive players in the game. He singlehandedly wrecks blocking schemes that are designed to contain him.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Not to absolutely destroy this take, but yes this is a very uninformed take. Just watch a few Rams games and you will see that Donald is still among the three most impactful defensive players in the game. He singlehandedly wrecks blocking schemes that are designed to contain him.

Yikes! :) Okay np Krang. You're right I haven't watched LA yet this year. I just saw AD has 2.5 sacks and 15 tackles (which I understand does not do justice to his impact to a game).

I guess we'll get a chance to see him here shortly though.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yikes! :) Okay np Krang. You're right I haven't watched LA yet this year. I just saw AD has 2.5 sacks and 15 tackles (which I understand does not do justice to his impact to a game).

I guess we'll get a chance to see him here shortly though.
Donald seemingly can turn it on. I'd argue he is still the best defensive player in the league because of what he does to interior blocking schemes.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gonzalez out for the year. Pats traded for JC Jackson who has sucked at the Chargers. Chargers paying most his salary this year.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

Mike McDaniels was quoted as saying that his offense is designed to get players the football in space running upfield and letting them do the rest

i get its easier said than done, but still.....

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

ill leave this here

the thread is worth it too
I love the fact that even when he doesn't have a DL to block, he proactively looks to find someone at the 2nd level, like a LB or Safety. I always hate when an OL just stands around the LOS when they don't have anyone to block.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

ill leave this here

kinda of an overlooked key moment in the game that the video captures: the TE screen to Swaim that was dropped (Dobbs did him no favors wih the pass)

in the vid, tons of open space in front of him with Fro and another OL blocking

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

ill leave this here

Maybe, just maybe the Cardinals front office knew what they were doing?

Byron Murphy getting beat like a drum in Minnesota (41 PFF rating, gave up 180 pass yards a few games ago) with Keitrel Clark essentially stepping in and not missing a beat. Zach Allen a virtual non-factor in Denver, with Ledbetter playing better. Maybe the front office looked at the roster and said this team is better than how they looked last year from a talent perspective.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn