Chris Paul free agency thread

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even if you count Crowder as a starting 4 (and he was clearly our weak link as a starter last year), the Suns need a primary back-up 4...badly. That is NOT a 12th man.
No no no, I asked you to make more predictions, please do.

Because basically everything you say is doom and gloom and you're consistently wildly wrong. So please, offer some dire wager.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
One interesting question on the radio:

If the Suns weren't going to use the full power of their exemptions this offseason, why didn't they just have Chris Paul opt in and extend for 3 seasons under the same total terms, except front-loaded at $44 million for the first year?

That would have left them more room to extend Bridges and Ayton...that is IF Sarver intends to extend Bridges and Ayton.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I cannot put into words how much I detest Pat Beverly. Since the refs and the league don't do anything about it, the Suns should get an enforcer to just take guys out like they do in hockey. If anyone comes after our guys then the enforcer should just sub in and immediately run over and undercut the best player on the other team. I'm serious.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I cannot put into words how much I detest Pat Beverly. Since the refs and the league don't do anything about it, the Suns should get an enforcer to just take guys out like they do in hockey. If anyone comes after our guys then the enforcer should just sub in and immediately run over and undercut the best player on the other team. I'm serious.
That’s what I was hoping for, a scrub to come off the bench and take that punk out.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One interesting question on the radio:

If the Suns weren't going to use the full power of their exemptions this offseason, why didn't they just have Chris Paul opt in and extend for 3 seasons under the same total terms, except front-loaded at $44 million for the first year?

That would have left them more room to extend Bridges and Ayton...that is IF Sarver intends to extend Bridges and Ayton.
The obvious answer is they are going to use them, or at least intended to.

They still have 3 roster spots to fill - and there will be midseason potential additions as well.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For anyone wondering why it was a 4 year deal instead of 3...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
For anyone wondering why it was a 4 year deal instead of 3...

Our deal is still more team friendly. Credit to James Jones where it is due here.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As has been said over and over, if Beverly takes out your best player you don’t take out Beverly, you take out Paul George. Why would you trade Booker for Beverly?

Before deciding who gets flattened we need someone who can be subbed in to put someone on their ass. It's pointless to debate who we should retaliate against when there isn't someone on our bench that can deliver a crushing blow.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kind of curious if there is a trade kicker included. I don't believe there could be a no trade clause since he hasn't been here long enough.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh my. That's even better. I thought it was a flat deal, which would be better for an older player. The biggest paydays are in option years.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Before deciding who gets flattened we need someone who can be subbed in to put someone on their ass. It's pointless to debate who we should retaliate against when there isn't someone on our bench that can deliver a crushing blow.
Anyone can do it. They just need be willing. It’s not difficult to take someone out. Beverly proved that by head butting book, undercutting Paul and them shoving him in the back. None of those requires a golden gloves champion.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone can do it. They just need be willing. It’s not difficult to take someone out. Beverly proved that by head butting book, undercutting Paul and them shoving him in the back. None of those requires a golden gloves champion.

I didn't say it needed to be a badass. Kaminsky could do it, physically, and so could Galloway. They need to be willing to though, which is what we lacked. We also don't have a coach that would ask a player to do that, for better or worse.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I didn't say it needed to be a badass. Kaminsky could do it, physically, and so could Galloway. They need to be willing to though, which is what we lacked. We also don't have a coach that would ask a player to do that, for better or worse.
Oh don’t get me wrong, I don’t think we will ever see it from a current member of our team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John Gambadoro thinks Chris Paul's contract will look a lot like 3 years, $90 million. Still very good if accurate.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose