Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Push series back till paul gets healthy please..... lol ugh fing crappy day!!!!!!!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If they’re concerned most about TV ratings, I’d think the Sunday prime time spot that historically gets them the biggest audience would be something they wouldn’t move off.
I agree.

But then I wonder if moving it gives not only Chris Paul but Donovan Mitchell and Mike Conley the chance to play at full strength, that may be something they discuss.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Push series back till paul gets healthy please..... lol ugh fing crappy day!!!!!!!

The Suns are not going to get special treatment with the series being delayed for Chris Paul. IDK how this rumor started but it is pretty out there I think.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I got nothing. Logically, there should be a different protocol for a player that has been vaccinated and is showing no symptoms. But the Suns are always the victims of the letter of the law (thinking Amare and Boris).

Praying for two negative tests. That will get you on an airplane.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got nothing. Logically, there should be a different protocol for a player that has been vaccinated and is showing no symptoms. But the Suns are always the victims of the letter of the law (thinking Amare and Boris).

Praying for two negative tests. That will get you on an airplane.

logically, if you have the virus, whether your vaxxed or not, you can give it to other people. As much as it sucks , this ain’t a letter of the law thing. This is a common sense thing.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
logically, if you have the virus, whether your vaxxed or not, you can give it to other people. As much as it sucks , this ain’t a letter of the law thing. This is a common sense thing.

I'm not sure it is? Isn't it possible that the level needed to test positive is below the threshold needed to be infectious?

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
symptomatic is an opinion and to a 36 year old in the WCF, he's outwardly not feeling a symptom even if he's on his deathbed. we need 2 negative tests in a row and he's rocking

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they’re concerned most about TV ratings, I’d think the Sunday prime time spot that historically gets them the biggest audience would be something they wouldn’t move off.

Father's day. Terrible for TV

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t believe that is true. That’s why a virus has a contagious period. Once that is passed it doesn’t mean the virus is out of your system. It just means there is not enough of it to pass on.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t believe that is true. That’s why a virus has a contagious period. Once that is passed it doesn’t mean the virus is out of your system. It just means there is not enough of it to pass on.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh. No. It’s dinner with the family and grandkids. No one leaves dad alone to watch the game on Father’s Day.

the father doesn’t get to call his shot on Father’s Day. Does not compute.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Uh. No. It’s dinner with the family and grandkids. No one leaves dad alone to watch the game on Father’s Day.
Huh. Our family has always celebrated the person. Birthday? Plan what would make them happy. Mother’s Day? Plan what mom would want. Father’s Day? Plan what dad would want. Not many days in people’s lives where you get to celebrate just them. One or two days a year to recognize someone you love in a loving manner (read, loving them enough to do what they want to do), shouldnt too much.

If spending dinner with family and grandkids is what you would choose, good on you for getting that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You watch it with him. It's his day.
Exactly.

admittedly, cheese, brother-who/shall-not-post and I are lucky that pops loves sports maybe more than all three of us. So what he wants is what we want as well.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's your day. Do what YOU want. You have the other 364 days of the year to do what they want.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Yes, but logically, if most signs point to you probably not having the virus, the most likely explanation for a positive test is a testing error. The most recent number I could find (in a quick search) estimates the false positive rate at 0.5%. With the thousands of tests the NBA has done, it's pretty much guaranteed that a few false positives were in there.

A colleague of mine had a positive test and dutifully did her full quarantine. This was several months ago. She had all of the extra risk factors: middle-aged, black, overweight, underlying health problems. Never showed any covid symptoms at all and made a full "recovery." We can't know for sure, but I think it's pretty likely that her one positive test was false.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA