Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

Strongstyle

Rookie
Reaction score
all I’m saying is we are ALL trying to find the best possible news. I’m trying to find out what is actually real in re: vaccinated positive protocol and if it’s treated any different than it was before vaccinations.
I'm pretty sure it's already been reported that it is we just don't know to what extent.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's already been reported that it is we just don't know to what extent.

Reported by WHO? By Jalen Rose? Shams? Where are they getting that info? Has anyone pointed to any actual rules and regulation set out by the NBA that talks about this?

Strongstyle

Rookie
Reaction score
Reported by WHO? By Jalen Rose? Shams? Where are they getting that info? Has anyone pointed to any actual rules and regulation set out by the NBA that talks about this?
No and it sounds like we won't know for sure until Saturday. It's all speculation at this point but it's fun to discuss. It honestly seems like you're freaking out more than anyone here though lol.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
James Jones on Arizona Sports.

The Chris Paul situation is unfortunate. Suns will continue to do what they have done all season when they face an obstacle.

On Saturday they will know more. Decisions will be made when the game gets closer.

Jones feels the rest is important and it will benefit the team physically to heal and mentally to focus.

The Suns defense has gelled with a lot of emphasis on it.

Devin Booker realizes that with each game he gets closer to the title.

James Jones says the way you play carries over when asked about the playoffs.

Thanks for posting. Missed this interview.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Brian Windhorst was talking about two games (10 days) based on past cases.

He didn't act like he had insider information on a timetable.
Isn't there something about 2 negative test making him eligible too?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
James Jones made it sound like that is when they will announce to the public if Paul is playing or not in the first game. If it's Sunday it sounds like he won't be playing. His comment about overcoming an obstacle made it sounds as if they are preparing to play without him. Which means it's likely IMO he will at least miss one game.

If it's later in the week? Maybe. That's what it sounded like to me.

So, IMO we should assume CP3 misses game one.

I think the best bet at this point is that Paul will be able to play game 1 if it starts Tuesday. The real question, and Gambo of all people first reminded me of it, is how effective is Paul when he plays? Plenty of COVID-positive athletes have taken some time to get up to speed. Hopefully he has a low viral load and is fully asymptomatic and can get right back on the bike.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Bill Maher, the talk show host, claimed he had no symptoms. Similar situation too. Had been vaccinated but tested positive.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Something like that but I don't know the context. We need one of those media doctors to talk to us. :)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Bill Maher, the talk show host, claimed he had no symptoms. Similar situation too. Had been vaccinated but tested positive.
He has never missed a show in all the years he has the gig with HBO. I watched his first show back and you could tell from his comments he was bent. He doesn't believe he ever had it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There are several people reporting it.

But here is a simple logic question for you - if it was a minimum 10 days why don't the Suns just announce that is the minimum amount of time he is out?

Because it isn't. They are going to talk more about it on Saturday, because they are hoping he will have had 2 negative tests by then.

Flex is saying they may move the start of the series to Tuesday regardless Jazz Clips goes 6 or 7.

Everything is as positive as it can be right now, just got to hope he tests negative soon.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

But here is a simple logic question for you - if it was a minimum 10 days why don't the Suns just announce that is the minimum amount of time he is out?

Because it isn't. They are going to talk more about it on Saturday, because they are hoping he will have had 2 negative tests by then.

Flex is saying they may move the start of the series to Tuesday regardless Jazz Clips goes 6 or 7.

Everything is as positive as it can be right now, just got to hope he tests negative soon.
Who is Flex?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns have never commented on length on time all season. You’re making things up to make yourself feel better. I don’t blame you but it’s based on nothing.

and they may move start of series? I’ve been waiting for that ridiculousness to start circulating. I think I even said so pages ago.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is Flex?

He either has a good inside source or he's been playing everyone for the fool. I don't know if he was ever vetted, most of what I read from him I saw originally on RealGM but I don't think that's where it started. He was active (and pretty accurate) on the CP deal when it was still in the very early rumor stage.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns have never commented on length on time all season. You’re making things up to make yourself feel better. I don’t blame you but it’s based on nothing.

and they may move start of series? I’ve been waiting for that ridiculousness to start circulating. I think I even said so pages ago.

my point is if there is a hard and fast rule about 10 days it would be reported by the suns, nba, and every nba reporter worth their salt.

that obviously is not the rule.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He either has a good inside source or he's been playing everyone for the fool. I don't know if he was ever vetted, most of what I read from him I saw originally on RealGM but I don't think that's where it started. He was active (and pretty accurate) on the CP deal when it was still in the very early rumor stage.

he is a good source. He has reported a lot of stuff before anyone else, most notably the Chris Paul trade.

pretty sure his source is a suns player - I think it’s booker though he has never said.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he is a good source. He has reported a lot of stuff before anyone else, most notably the Chris Paul trade.

Yeah I think he's valid too but I don't know for sure and I've seen supporters and detractors on this question.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The idea that the NBA might push the WCF to the 22nd or 23rd even if the Jazz goes 6 is a fairy tale, IMO.

Eh, a Sunday start would be a very quick turnaround, and Mondays are quiet days for most sports. The NBA is most concerned about TV ratings, and it's not at all hard to believe that they might prefer a Tuesday start in order to maximize those.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, a Sunday start would be a very quick turnaround, and Mondays are quiet days for most sports. The NBA is most concerned about TV ratings, and it's not at all hard to believe that they might prefer a Tuesday start in order to maximize those.

If they’re concerned most about TV ratings, I’d think the Sunday prime time spot that historically gets them the biggest audience would be something they wouldn’t move off.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes. If he is asymptomatic 2 negative tests 24 hours apart clears him.

Labs do make mistakes. That is possible also.

But if he is symptomatic it is 10 days, period.