Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
David Stern got us from beyond the grave. His demon ghost infected CP3. There's simply no other explanation.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the testing works? If he had a test on Monday, and say he test negative tomorrow and negative again on Friday, would we be home free?

I keep hearing conflicting reports. If he was showing no symptoms some say he could be reinstated at any time after two negative tests in 24 hours. I just heard on the radio they said at a minimum he can't return before Tuesday but that doesn't make sense either. I thought the protocol was 10 days?!!?!? That would be Thursday.

UGH.....I don't think anybody knows.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More thoughts from Chams Charania.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I just found this on NBA outlines health and safety protocols for 2020-21 season | NBA.com

"Anyone who tests positive will have two routes to return to work: go 10 days or more after the first positive test or onset of symptoms, or test negative twice at least 24 hours apart via PCR testing"

So it appears showing symptoms or not is NOT a factor. It appears as long as he tests negative he can return. This is GREAT news IMO.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Near as I can piece together from speculation from multifarious sources (so again, no more worthy than any speculation):

- CP tested positive for C-19
- Doesn't have symptoms
- Was vaccinated earlier in the year

So if he can test negatively over the next couple days, I guess he should be reinstated before Game 1? If not, he wouldn't be until a week from tomorrow?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now we know why James Jones kept both E'Twaun Moore and Langston Galloway on the roster.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul is out due to health and safety protocols per Suns announcement.

The next update will be on Saturday.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 6:30 appointment this morning so that my dentist could section my bridge in preparation for an oral surgeon to extract one of my teeth at 7AM. I learned about CP entering Covid protocol at 6:30 from my dentist and then I learned about Kawhi's knee problem at 5 minutes past 7 from the surgeon. Talk about ups and downs. Who knew getting a tooth pulled could end up being my 2nd favorite memory of the day?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I just found this on NBA outlines health and safety protocols for 2020-21 season | NBA.com

"Anyone who tests positive will have two routes to return to work: go 10 days or more after the first positive test or onset of symptoms, or test negative twice at least 24 hours apart via PCR testing"

So it appears showing symptoms or not is NOT a factor. It appears as long as he tests negative he can return. This is GREAT news IMO.

I guess I should have read the entire thing:

• " Anyone who tests positive will have two routes to return to work: go 10 days or more after the first positive test or onset of symptoms, or test negative twice at least 24 hours apart via PCR testing."
  • "Any player who tests positive, even if asymptomatic, will not be allowed to exercise for a minimum of 10 days and then must be monitored in individual workouts for an additional two days.:

So, what does this mean? Now the Suns say no updates until Saturday. Which means likely he is still showing positive as of today. I wish the NBA or the Suns would clarify what this all means.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I believe we can still win a game in Utah or hosting the Leonardless Clippers without Paul.

We did win the Lakers series essentially without CP. There's no reason we can't win a game or two without him against those teams either.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We did win the Lakers series essentially without CP. There's no reason we can't win a game or two without him against those teams either.

CP3 was a factor. They were going at him focusing on him on defense then at the end he started shooting OK. Plus the mental factor him trying to be out there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This presents Booker another chance to prove his superstardom. If Mitchell can carry his team to two wins over Kawhi/George without Conley, Book’s got to at least steal one game without CP3 to get that kind of respect.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe we can still win a game in Utah or hosting the Leonardless Clippers without Paul.

I think the Suns can beat the Clippers at home without Paul.

Also since the Jazz have home court advantage, it's not as imperative to win Game 1 at Utah. I'd be more worried if Game 1 was home without Paul.

Of course the Suns need Paul to return by Game 2, hold serve at home and get a win on the road.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Also since the Jazz have home court advantage, it's not as imperative to win Game 1 at Utah. I'd be more worried if Game 1 was home without Paul.

Of course the Suns need Paul to return by Game 2, hold serve at home and get a win on the road.

Correct. This isn't a panic inducing event yet. More of a

You must be registered for see images attach

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am going to be floored if Utah doesn't win the next two with KL being out but Conley is out too. I just think KL is a bigger loss but I guess anything can happen. Also, I don't buy giving up a game in any scenario isn't a big deal in the WCF. Having said that the Suns only need to steal 1 to get Home Court advantage. That's a lofty prospect in any game Paul isn't present.

This presents Booker another chance to prove his superstardom. If Mitchell can carry his team to two wins over Kawhi/George without Conley, Book’s got to at least steal one game without CP3 to get that kind of respect.

If there EVER was a time for Book and even to a smaller extend Ayton to step up? It's now. However, I agree it's mostly Book. Ayton has been doing his part.