Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This presents Booker another chance to prove his superstardom. If Mitchell can carry his team to two wins over Kawhi/George without Conley, Book’s got to at least steal one game without CP3 to get that kind of respect.

I think Booker would not have much difficulty going for 40+ on decent efficiency against Royce O’Neale and the Utah defense if they play him relatively straight up. The key will be how much Utah shades towards him and forces him to pass, and whether Payne and Moore and CamJ and Mikal can make them pay from three and on secondary creation.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to be floored if Utah doesn't win the next two with KL being out but Conley is out too. I just think KL is a bigger loss but I guess anything can happen. Also, I don't buy giving up a game in any scenario isn't a big deal in the WCF. Having said that the Suns only need to steal 1 to get Home Court advantage. That's a lofty prospect in any game Paul isn't present.

We can't worry about what we can't control.

The Suns have two combo guards on their roster behind Cam Payne in E'Twaun Moore and Langston Galloway. I had been trying to figure out why all season. Now we know.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jesus im just sad as hell

Hopefully paul will be fine for next series

Unreal wtf

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can't worry about what we can't control.

The Suns have two combo guards on their roster behind Cam Payne in E'Twaun Moore and Langston Galloway. I had been trying to figure out why all season. Now we know.

Nope we can't. Players are going to have to step up if they want a chance at a title. Adversity is part of winning a title. Now the Suns likely will have to be tested on how they handle it.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I got my first dose in Feb, at the age of 56... because I happened to be in the car with someone who was 65 years old and so they also gave me the shot.

I was in the car with my wife when she got vaccinated back in February or March. She was scheduled one week ahead of me. Even though I was scheduled for the next week, they would not give me a shot, even though I asked. I had to return for my "scheduled" shot.

This was in Flagstaff, though.

Reaction score
I was in the car with my wife when she got vaccinated back in February or March. She was scheduled one week ahead of me. Even though I was scheduled for the next week, they would not give me a shot, even though I asked. I had to return for my "scheduled" shot.

This was in Flagstaff, though.
Was in an elevator with a couple in Greenville 2 months ago. She had had her shots. Got COVID 2x after that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Booker would not have much difficulty going for 40+ on decent efficiency against Royce O’Neale and the Utah defense if they play him relatively straight up. The key will be how much Utah shades towards him and forces him to pass, and whether Payne and Moore and CamJ and Mikal can make them pay from three and on secondary creation.

its gotta be more than Book putting up a 40 spot. He’s got to control the entire game. Scoring well while also creating for others. Low turnovers. Good D, big on the boards again. It’s got to be a total game.

it’s another proving ground for him. I’m excited to see what level he can get to.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty was asked what he is going to do in terms of starting lineup if Paul is out for game one. He said well he is thinking through those scenarios but doesn't have to make that decision yet.

Is that some hope?!?!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
its gotta be more than Book putting up a 40 spot. He’s got to control the entire game. Scoring well while also creating for others. Low turnovers. Good D, big on the boards again. It’s got to be a total game.

it’s another proving ground for him. I’m excited to see what level he can get to.
I’m not excited. This places book in the worst possible position for his skills - decionmaker. I think it’s his weakest skill.

VERY unborg.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not excited. This places book in the worst possible position for his skills - decionmaker. I think it’s his weakest skill.

VERY unborg.

That has been on display this playoffs as well. Some really bad decision making by Book.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty was asked what he is going to do in terms of starting lineup if Paul is out for game one. He said well he is thinking through those scenarios but doesn't have to make that decision yet.

Is that some hope?!?!

Interesting that Monty may not automatically make Payne the starter.

I imagine he will think about keeping the rotation as close as possible.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some comments by Monty Williams.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That has been on display this playoffs as well. Some really bad decision making by Book.
He's not even a decent point guard for the reason of consistency imo.. He'll go on a string of great possessions with the ball and his decision making, then just let all the air out of the balloon with bone headed turnovers on the next few. One step forward, two steps back. I love him off that high screen though if he drives the lane looking for contact.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty thinks it's a joke that Devin Booker did not make All-NBA team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says he will not punt on third down if Chris Paul is out.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We did win the Lakers series essentially without CP. There's no reason we can't win a game or two without him against those teams either.

The Lakers without AD are a lot worse than Utah.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting that Monty may not automatically make Payne the starter.

I imagine he will think about keeping the rotation as close as possible.

I think that could be the best route. Put Moore in the starting lineup, bring Cam in around the 6 minute mark as usual and go from there. Maybe run Galloway in the 3rd to see if he can provide some of the scoring Paul has. Payne will most definitely be with the other starters closing the game out, regardless of who starts.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

VERY unborg.

it’s not excited so much as the way I’m viewing the game. It’s a show-me game. We’ve seen the greats throughout NBA playoffs history. Magic stepping up for injured on the bench Kareem in Game 6 of the Finals and winning. LeBron taking on GS by himself in 2014 and winning a game to put the Cavs up 2-1. Jordan v. Jazz Game 6 when Pippen could barely move. Hell, in this playoffs alone we’ve seen Mitchell step up and deliver with no Conley twice against the Clippers and a performance for the ages by Durant.

The question is can Book be one of those guys.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty thinks it's a joke that Devin Booker did not make All-NBA team.

I like that. Sort of an un-Monty like statement. Perhaps seeking to give Booker a little extra motivation?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave