Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
By the graphic, a player doesn't have to quarantine if exposed after vaccination, so either he caught it (vaccinated or not), or he was not vaccinated and exposed. Either way, we're screwed right?

Correct.

Based on all currently known/suspected information I would say it is very likely be tested positive despite having been vaccinated. He will need to test negative before he is cleared to play. Even asymptomatic COVID cases linger for at least a few days. I am guessing he is quarantined for 5-8 days.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last edited:

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Eh, I’m just in wait and see mode. I don’t blame anyone for making a choice whether to get it or not. That’s a personal choice and just bad timing for us. So if he did, cool…if he didn’t…cool. We don’t know circumstances. Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to the Suns so this is just another chapter in that sad saga.

Hopefully better news to come my friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I re-read everything and they said due to " COVID-19 contact tracing". Look this could be totally anecdotal but that is the exact same language we received from the county when my daughter was potentially exposed to someone in her class that had Covid-19.

That indicates to me it's not a positive test by CP3 but protocol for someone around him who tested positive. I could be being totally optimistic here but I actually feel better after re-reading stuff this morning.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It would be enormously irresponsible not to get vaccinated as a key member of the team with the protocols in place. It is also true that vaccination is not 100% guaranteed protection and the virus is extremely volatile, so it is not fair to blame anyone for testing positive (provided they are taking reasonable precautions).

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I re-read everything and they said due to " COVID-19 contact tracing". Look this could be totally anecdotal but that is the exact same language we received from the county when my daughter was potentially exposed to someone in her class that had Covid-19.

That indicates to me it's not a positive test by CP3 but protocol for someone around him who tested positive. I could be being totally optimistic here but I actually feel better after re-reading stuff this morning.

Where did you read this?

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score

Likewise. Got the same type of thing when my daughter was exposed.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

The March 2021 NBA COVID protocols were modified such that exposure to COVID did not require quarantine for vaccinated players.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Also, C19 contact tracing could also refer to making sure he (as someone that tested positive) was having all his contacts traced prior to quarantine to ensure nobody else got it from him or his contacts.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you read this?

It's the language used in the Arizona Republic article. Maybe they know something we don't? Also, in the ESPN article they point out "if an individual has symptoms consistent with COVID-19, the previous protocols apply,"

So that's two articles that indicate either it's a tracing issues or possibly a cold. Not one article has indicated a positive test which is why I remain positive about this.

It could be a combination of symptoms and contact tracing which would make sense considering tracing alone may not get you quarantined if you have been vaccinated. Also, according to ESPN if you have a cold the OLD protocols apply.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John Gambadoro understands Chris Paul was vaccinated in February along with several other players.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

My BS meter goes up here. A bunch of guys in their 30s got vaccinated when it was only 65 years and up? And this wasn’t reported before? Suspect.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
My BS meter goes up here. A bunch of guys in their 30s got vaccinated when it was only 65 years and up? And this wasn’t reported before? Suspect.

I got my first dose in Feb, at the age of 56... because I happened to be in the car with someone who was 65 years old and so they also gave me the shot.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some more tweets from John Gambadoro.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul reportedly would have to pass two tests to return.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Guaranteed even if it was only 65 and up at the time professional athletes skipped the line.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Until sports started up last fall, the amount of positive cases was always in big bold letters on screens and taken as fact. Then sports come around and real fast we realize, there are a LOT of false positives that happen as NFL players would consistently test positive and two days later it was all good again. With CP3 being vaccinated too, I'll just assume this will be the case.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds logical at least two tests would have been done.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson