Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folster actually made a very good point: Chris Paul is head of the Players Association. Don't you think he almost needs to be one of the first to get vaccinated?

Why? What’s the correlation between the two. It’s a personal choice for all those guys.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Why? What’s the correlation between the two. It’s a personal choice for all those guys.
Why? Really? You don't see the correlation? If the NBA is fully in support of full vaccination, wouldn't the Players Union PRESIDENT be someone that the league would go to to collaborate on getting mass vaccinations done? If that didn't happen and Chris Paul refused, we'd have heard about it already.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

number 1 is why I lean towards believing he either isn’t vaccinated or is a breakthrough case because unless I’m wrong, number means you wouldn’t go into the protocol if vaxxed and had exposure to the virus.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Dunno what nba protocols are, but this is something from February from CDC:

In the updated guidance, the CDC said such quarantining is not necessary for fully vaccinated people within three months of having received their last doses as long as they do not develop any symptoms. "Fully vaccinated" means that at least two weeks have passed since a person has received the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...ple-don-t-need-quarantine-if-exposed-n1257336

Is it possible that he developed a cold and the league is putting him in protocols just in case until he has a couple negative tests in a row? Because a cold or an actual flu (non-COVID) could conceivably be considered COVID symptoms.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? Really? You don't see the correlation? If the NBA is fully in support of full vaccination, wouldn't the Players Union PRESIDENT be someone that the league would go to to collaborate on getting mass vaccinations done? If that didn't happen and Chris Paul refused, we'd have heard about it already.

I could see why the NBA would WANT CP3 to be a leader and show the way, but it’s still his decision.

I mean, if he did get vaccinated you could just as easily ask wouldn’t he have said so by now to lead the way? Not sure we would have heard him say he wasn’t getting vaxxed.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I could see why the NBA would WANT CP3 to be a leader and show the way, but it’s still his decision.

I mean, if he did get vaccinated you could just as easily ask wouldn’t he have said so by now to lead the way? Not sure we would have heard him say he wasn’t getting vaxxed.
This back and forth is stupid. Not saying you are stupid or your opinion is stupid. It is certainly possible he hasn't been vaccinated, although that would absolutely be stupid going into the playoffs. Why would you possibly want to jeopardize what could be your last chance at a ring? I simply don't see Chris Paul as being like that.

I mean, he's doing commercials for State Farm, and as you know, there are likely very strict rules about the production of those commercials, and I wouldn't be surprised if State Farm even required him to get vaccinated to continue working with them.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Either he was around someone who tested positive or he's a breakthrough case. No way Chris is this close to a championship and not taking the vaccine.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Information came out on Lebron relatively quickly. I think we will hear more today or tomorrow at latest regarding what’s likely to happen.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This back and forth is stupid. Not saying you are stupid or your opinion is stupid. It is certainly possible he hasn't been vaccinated, although that would absolutely be stupid going into the playoffs. Why would you possibly want to jeopardize what could be your last chance at a ring? I simply don't see Chris Paul as being like that.

I mean, he's doing commercials for State Farm, and as you know, there are likely very strict rules about the production of those commercials, and I wouldn't be surprised if State Farm even required him to get vaccinated to continue working with them.

Isn't LeBron not vaxxed?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don’t know of any commercial or tv production shoots that require vaccines. Have you heard of that? I’ve got friends working production on the biggest commercials and network tv as crew/actors and they’ve also said it’s Just daily testing. No proof of vaccine.

and yes, you’d hope CP3 was smart enough but that doesn’t mean he is. Just read an article yesterday that listed the Cardinals as the fourth worst team vax wise at like 42%. Lots of athletes think they’re super human... or are just not that smart.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Either he was around someone who tested positive or he's a breakthrough case. No way Chris is this close to a championship and not taking the vaccine.
I think the proximity fact pattern the most likely. But with suns luck he’s a breakthrough case.

I know it’s asking a lot (and maybe impossible without an actual bubble), but I’d think once you reach a certain spot in the playoffs the teams would’ve approached players about mini-bubbling. Like having the team just be among teammates for a month. But I also get that so many people are acting like Covid is gone and no longer a threat.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its been over 2 hours, why has there been no other news from such a big story?

The story is out there nationally and locally but we are waiting on more details. I am hoping Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN will do some follow-up.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don’t know of any commercial or tv production shoots that require vaccines. Have you heard of that? I’ve got friends working production on the biggest commercials and network tv as crew/actors and they’ve also said it’s Just daily testing. No proof of vaccine.

and yes, you’d hope CP3 was smart enough but that doesn’t mean he is. Just read an article yesterday that listed the Cardinals as the fourth worst team vax wise at like 42%. Lots of athletes think they’re super human... or are just not that smart.
He's the Player's Association President! You don't get to that position by being stupid. What in his history and what you know of him would support the theory that he isn't smart?

He's also a big supporter of Obama, so I would say he falls on our side of the spectrum and would be a likely vaccine supporter.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's the Player's Association President! You don't get to that position by being stupid. What in his history and what you know of him would support the theory that he isn't smart?

He's also a big supporter of Obama, so I would say he falls on our side of the spectrum and would be a likely vaccine supporter.

Literally none of this means he’s smart . Being head of players association means he’s trusted. Not necessarily that he’s smart. I don’t know if he’s smart or not. But just assuming he got vaxxed because he’s head of the players association doesn’t make that an ironclad certainty.

and LeBron was a huge Obama supporter... and refused to answer whether he was vaxxed or not. I don’t see why CP3 would be considered all that different.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns to say something

the Suns aren’t allowed to comment on health/Covid protocols once a guy is in the protocols except to say the guy is in the protocol. Been like that all season.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Literally none of this means he’s smart . Being head of players association means he’s trusted. Not necessarily that he’s smart. I don’t know if he’s smart or not. But just assuming he got vaxxed because he’s head of the players association doesn’t make that an ironclad certainty.

and LeBron was a huge Obama supporter... and refused to answer whether he was vaxxed or not. I don’t see why CP3 would be considered all that different.
And I thought I was cynical... wow. You just jump to the worst possible scenario, don't you?