Chiefs/Lions Opening night game thread

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
They played the Chiefs without Kelce and Chris Jones. And Toney dropped several passes. I’m not sold on the Lions just yet
week 1 is underdog week

at home, banner ceremony, after 5 AFC champ appearances: you could forgive the Chiefs for thinking that Week 1 was underwhelming for them

that said: I dont think this means the Lions have arrived-- but it sure beats the alternative. Good win for them.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe that may be the first time since they started the Thursday night opener with the defending champs at home that the defending SB champions actually lost.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Say whatever you want- if the chiefs winning is tied to a 33 year old tight end (even if he is a very good one) then I think it’s fair to say they aren’t that unreachable as we hold them to be.

Do I think the chiefs are a bad team or that the lions should be crowned superbowl champs? — hell naw. Lions deserved the win though and the respect of beating a Super Bowl caliber team who opponents shouldn’t sleep on

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Illegal!!!! He was lining up like that all game. Refs will hear about that for sure and Campbell or one of his brilliant assistants blew it big time by not bringing it to the attention of the Referee. Hutchinson happens to be terrific by the way regardless.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That's why you scout your opponent. Lineman feet will often indicate run or pass and left or right....basic fundamentals have them set up exactly the same way on every snap but people get tendencies and cheat their leverage with their feet all the time...especially if they are worried about the guy across from them

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I believe that may be the first time since they started the Thursday night opener with the defending champs at home that the defending SB champions actually lost.
Although it feels like that’s the case PA, the champs are 13-5 in these games (see NFL Kickoff Game - Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Kickoff_Game), including the Lambs getting smoked by the Bills last year.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3 plays on fourth down that are confounding.

Lions 2nd half punt on 4th and short from the Chiefs 40... what a gutless call, only the second time the offense had been in chiefs territory all game. You gotta go for it there, the odds of conversion are high, you're close to FG range, punting is gutless, a pure "I don't want to take the blame" call.

Chiefs kick a FG on the goal line to make it a 6 pt game instead of 3. It's still a 1 score game after the kick, I guarantee theirs odds of winning went down the moment that kick went through, what a terrible call, you have a chance to make it a 2 score game or pin the opposition on the goal line, you chose to give them the ball with a chance to take the lead... awful. This was an "Eagles Andy Reid" choice.

The Lions 4th down. I don't mind going for it on 4th and short... you convert, it is game over, but SHOT GUN?!?! Are you serious?!?! At least make them think you MIGHT run it on 4th and short. The failure of this awful shotgun call gave KC the ball only 20 yards outside of FG range, thankfully for the Lions the Chiefs incompetent pass catchers couldn't do anything in the clutch and the Lions got the win... by virtue of being less bad.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
He's a case study for why using first round picks on running backs such a bad idea. Pacheco is better than him and Pacheco was a 7th round pick.
I just don’t buy it. It’s like saying Tom Brady is a test case for not drafting a QB in the first round.

Yeah I know, examples, dozens of them, hundreds, thousands, millions, blah blah blah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard